Rumor: Apple's jumbo-sized 12.9-inch iPad in the works for early 2015 debut

Comments

• Reply 21 of 115
    blazarblazar Posts: 270member
    Different strokes for different folks.

I want a ipad mini size tablet to replace my home theater Control4 home automation brand remote with hard buttons.

It needs to be able to hold ALL my music in lossless format.
    Itunes music app needs to available by the new "extensions" feature by control4 software (so i am not constantly swapping apps).

The music library tags should be MODIFIABLE so i can tag while listening as opposed to using my laptop to listen via airplay (and tagging if i need to)

I still rip original cd's into lossless because CD is still better than mp3 downloads.

Why i am still waiting for the perfect home theater / music interface I don't know. I hope apple is working on these issues with homekit.
  • Reply 22 of 115
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by allenbf View Post

I just can't see this happening.  If you need larger than the iPad Air, why not just buy a MBA?

Because tablets aren’t laptops.

Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

A larger iPad has its place, especially for those that are used primarily at home.

Large (iPad, all sizes) and small (5.5” iPod touch, rest of iDevices) sets of controls for a wise home, too. 

• Reply 23 of 115
    lowepglowepg Posts: 106member
    we have a mini....

So would this be a MAXI....Ipad...

MaxIpad?
  • Reply 24 of 115
    sirlance99sirlance99 Posts: 1,293member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Because tablets aren’t laptops.

Large (iPad, all sizes) and small (5.5” iPhone, rest of iDevices) sets of controls for a wise home, too. 

Fixed it for you ;)

• Reply 25 of 115
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

A larger iPad with an optional stylus (and palm rejection) as accurate and responsive as a Wacom tablet would be a dream come true.

Yes, and I can not see this not happening for a device that would be a sure fire hit with illustrators, designers and other visual creatives. 

• Reply 26 of 115
    evilutionevilution Posts: 1,399member
    Quote:

My parents ... ALWAYS ask me if theres a bigger version.

Do they both have Alzheimer"s?

Why would they ask more than once?

• Reply 27 of 115
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lowepg View Post

we have a mini....

So would this be a MAXI....Ipad...

MaxIpad?

iPad Pro... sure, why not.

• Reply 28 of 115
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member

I'd buy one right away!

To the people saying that this is useless. No it's not. Your comment is what's useless and you are dead wrong.

Plenty of people will buy an iPad 12.9". I already have the mini and the retina, so bring on the iPad Pro or whatever the hell it's going to be called! 

A lot of the things that people do on an iPad would be enhanced and become more enjoyable by having a larger display. 

I don't give a crap if it costs $1000 to start, make it powerful, make it extra large and make it sexy! Tons of people will be buying the 12.9" iPad!

• Reply 29 of 115
    Quote:

If you need larger than the iPad Air, why not just buy a MBA?

Why the hell would I want a MBA? 

A MBA is useless for a person who wants an iPad.

• Reply 30 of 115
    evilutionevilution Posts: 1,399member

Jobs saved Apple by streamlining the product range. Cook is reversing everything and cannibalising their own products.

Saying that, large iPad, yes please.

• Reply 31 of 115
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Evilution View Post

Jobs saved Apple by streamlining the product range. Cook is reversing everything and cannibalising their own products.

Saying that, large iPad, yes please.

I don't agree.

Jobs got rid of a lot of the crap products when he came back on board, but Apple has often had various size options for many of their products, even after Jobs returned.

Do you not remember all of the powerbook sizes? What about all of the different iPod sizes available? That was all under Jobs.

Apple only has two sizes of the iPad available at the moment, a 7.9", and a 9.7". Adding a third iPad size at 12.9" is not going overboard for Apple at all, even if compared to when Jobs was running things.

• Reply 32 of 115
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Evilution View Post

Quote:

My parents ... ALWAYS ask me if theres a bigger version.

Sheesh.... guys like you are the reason that internet forums get a bum rap sometimes....

• Reply 33 of 115
    canukstormcanukstorm Posts: 2,695member
    Quote:

I just can't see this happening.  If you need larger than the iPad Air, why not just buy a MBA?

iPad Pro - the tablet that can replace your MBA?

• Reply 34 of 115
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    evilution wrote: »

You don't know anyone that doesn't have their finger on the pulse of technology but know that you do so when they see you they ask you about it knowing you'll have the answers? If that constitutes Alzheimer's then most people I know have it.
  • Reply 35 of 115
    A large IPad is total since, if it's goal is to replace laptops, laptop size screens help.
  • Reply 36 of 115
    jkichlinejkichline Posts: 1,369member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

I never get why people claim a stylus = fail. Obviously what Steve was referring to was resistive screens that required a stylus to be useful. That's not the same as using a stylus for note taking or for artists where I think proper stylus report would be super useful.

One of his main arguments however, is that a stylus gets lost. It gets broken. You end up losing it and the device is useless.  I had a TabletPC back in the day and it was a great laptop. But that's all I used it for because the within a month or two the little pocket clip broke off the stylus so it wouldn't stay in the little hole in the laptop. I then lost it in about another month.  That plus Windows XP Tablet Edition wasn't the same thing as iOS since it was just Windows with some drivers and an onscreen keyboard.

So the argument is still valid in my opinion.  But yes, there is a time and place for a good pressure sensitive and accurate stylus.

• Reply 38 of 115
    Oh great! Now there'll be an even LARGER glass surface I'll have to constantly wipe fingerprints off of.
  • Reply 39 of 115
    A bigger iPad would be great for students.

It would be great for artists.

It would be great for musicians.

It would be great for a lot of people. Make it so, Apple!
  • Reply 40 of 115
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Torrid Foster View Post

Can't imagine this will be a big seller given the price premium they would charge and the $100 for every bit above 16GB.

My iPad Mini set me back $900 loaded.... this would be priced well above the 13" Air.

Then you need to improve your imagination.