Ralph Lauren debuts iOS-connected fitness & health tracking Polo Tech t-shirt

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOtherGeoff View Post

I'm just thinking these guys are just able to tolerate 90MHR efforts... no... they're cruising up these hills with HRs barely pushing 150 (150 is a 'slow jog' heart rate for the average 30yo guy)

Lemond said "It never gets easier, you just go faster," and that applies here for sure. I agree that it's amazing to see those stats. The thing is that the guys at the front of a TdF climb aren't suffering any more than I do on a climb (and I suck at it). Their fitness is so high with such low mass, that they "just go faster."

When I first started training with a power meter, I was perplexed the first couple threshold tests I did because I was sure I'd never be able to do another effort like that again. Sure enough, 2 or 3 months later I'd shatter my record, and it felt the same. Crazy stuff.

These shirts are very intriguing as we get to a place where technology can very accurately measure output in cycling and rowing, but has a very tough time with running, soccer, basketball, etc. It would be great for a coach to look at some data and know that some of his basketball players need to stop doing two-a-days because they are overtraining. Gotta figure out how to accurately measure these workouts, then convince everyone that the workouts can be accurately measured. This shirt is a big step in the right direction, far beyond those stupid overblown pedometers everyone is wearing.

• Reply 22 of 26
    bigpicsbigpics Posts: 1,397member

Wait long enough and you find a good association for any bit of quirky trivia... ...in this case from Donovan's weirdest departure...

:D 

• Reply 23 of 26
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bigpics View Post

Wait long enough and you find a good association for any bit of quirky trivia... ...in this case from Donovan's weirdest departure...

:D 

Why yer jes spoutin' a bunch of Barabajagal!  ;-)

• Reply 24 of 26
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member

When did the Ralph Lauren Polo logo get so big?  It used to be maybe a couple inches tall, now it's comically huge

• Reply 25 of 26
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Crowley View Post

When did the Ralph Lauren Polo logo get so big?  It used to be maybe a couple inches tall, now it's comically huge

It's kind of the way of things these days O_o

• Reply 26 of 26

FYI to Readers: Wearable technology start-up Sarvint Technologies has filed complaints against multiple major apparel companies for patent infringement of its "Smart Shirt" technology. Sarvint feels strongly that it is the creator of the "Smart Shirt" space, and its patented technology is being misappropriated by these organizations. You can read more about the case filed on January 12, 2015, here: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/sarvint-technologies-files-complaints-for-patent-infringement-for-wearable-technology-300018832.html