Apple expected to unveil 'iWatch' alongside 'iPhone 6' at Sept. 9 event

Comments

• Reply 21 of 149
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member

This story has been breaking of months.

• Reply 22 of 149
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,212member
    So who will be "right?" Well-connected Ming or well-connected John Paczkowski?

I myself can't wait to see it.
    Perhaps both. Announced next month but not available to purchase until end of this year or beginning of next.
  • Reply 23 of 149
    jkichlinejkichline Posts: 1,369member

Apple doesn't care if they are first. They only care if they have done it right. Unlike the other half-baked cream puff pastries out of the discount bakery in Mountain View.

• Reply 24 of 149
    palegolaspalegolas Posts: 1,361member
    Exciting newmours. It would make sense to launch it prematurely this time, since the industry is cookig with "smart watches", and people are starting to buy them. Also, the health app will look mysteriously empty without its device. I hope it's flexible, and that it snugs into place with a design that doesn't scream LOOK AT MY WRIST, I'VE GOT AN iWATCH!

And about non leaks. Perhaps it's being built an assembled in Apple's own facilities on home turf?
  • Reply 25 of 149

I don't care when Apple decides to unveil their next iOS device to the public as long as they are absolutely sure that it is ready.  Tim Cook cannot reside over a dud at this point. His entire legacy will be tarnished.

• Reply 26 of 149

Here's the latest rumor I heard: Apple may or may not release a watch in 2014 or 2015.  Quick, everyone go buy Apple stock line!

• Reply 27 of 149
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,808member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mstone View Post

The Mac Pro was made in the US by well paid, professional, grown ups, not underpaid Chinese teenagers with questionable ethics who steal parts.

I would love to learn that the iWatch is being made in the US, but probably not likely. 

I will reserve judgement until I see it but it would take a lot to convince me to wear a watch.

Nothing is going to scream fanboy like an iWatch.

its probably hard for many of us to imagine, but think back to before 2007...before MacWorld when Steve announced iPhone. How many people really said they wanted a smartphone in their pocket? Yes, I'm sure there were more than a few who did, but I bet not as many as there are today. I know for one, my dad probably thought it would be a cold day in hell before he had a touchscreen smartphone in his pocket. 

So I can kinda see that maybe Apple will create a market like they did with iPhone. Many of us don't see an iWatch as being useful or necessary for them, but like I said, I think there's a large majority of everyone that never thought a smartphone was necessary either before 2007. 

• Reply 28 of 149
    mj webmj web Posts: 918member
    I'll wager it looks more like a Breitling than a Nike Fuel Band. iWatch is a Jony Ive thing!
  • Reply 29 of 149
    I wonder if maybe there'll be a band you wear all the time with no UI - just a small battery and sensors that record data, and then you clip on a square iPod nano that interfaces with it and presents the UI as just another app (or your iOS device interfaces with it for the same). That would be an interesting turn - works with iPod, iPhone, and iPad (and probably Mac as well) - all via low power bluetooth.
  • Reply 30 of 149
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazda 3s View Post

Just waiting for Jim Dalrymple's "yep" or "nope"

You seriously believe Dalrymple's going to confirm an unannounced Apple product BEFORE Apple does? Seriously?

• Reply 31 of 149
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by Torrid Foster View Post

I, for one, will be one of the FIRST to order my iWatch, no matter what it looks like or what it does.

My first impression is that this sounds stupid.

Originally Posted by Torrid Foster View Post

Oh Come on.... we don't do extensive cost/benefit analysis of this stuff.  It's jewellery, fashion.  Meant to impress.  I'm not even sure how I'm living without it now!

And that confirms it. Don’t you have an Android device orgy to attend? Remember to bump safely.

• Reply 32 of 149
    eightzeroeightzero Posts: 3,063member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Yojimbo007 View Post

No way apple will dilute the attention of the world by announcing them together!

Apple will keep the focus on each product in its own exclusive event !

Well...maybe. I can also see Cook doing this in a (albeit very different style) "just one more thing" kind of way. I'm reasonably sure he wouldn't dilute a Jobs-ism, but I can see AAPL going at iWatch/iTime as another "hobby." Something like: "we changed the world with Macintosh, iPod/iTunes, iPhone and iPad. But the intersection of technology and liberal arts is a wide city square, and there is room to have a little fun along the way. AppleTV helps bring all your mobile devices to where you want them, and here's another option. Hope you have as much fun with it as we do with Jonny Ive's chili stirring spoons made of aluminium and diamond cut champford edges..."

Double. Dog. Dare.

• Reply 33 of 149
    mstone wrote: »
    The Mac Pro was made in the US by well paid, professional, grown ups, not underpaid Chinese teenagers with questionable ethics who steal parts.
    Another ignorant racist American.
  • Reply 34 of 149
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jkichline View Post

Apple doesn't care if they are first. They only care if they have done it right. Unlike the other half-baked cream puff pastries out of the discount bakery in Mountain View.

They're never first because they need someone to copy from.  

• Reply 35 of 149
    mazda 3smazda 3s Posts: 1,613member

You seriously believe Dalrymple's going to confirm an unannounced Apple product BEFORE Apple does? Seriously?

Hey, AI went apesh!t when they "thought" that Gruber had "confirmed" the iWatch a few weeks back. Everybody thought he was a mouthpiece for Apple since he would only make such comments with Apple's approval.

That being said, you're probably right. I'm just excited to see the damn thing.
  • Reply 36 of 149
    eightzeroeightzero Posts: 3,063member

But please-not that concept render.

• Reply 37 of 149
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member

They'll not introduce a product to take the attention away from the iPhone 6. That would be poor marketing on their part. My impression is this is nonsense.

• Reply 38 of 149
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by markbriton View Post

Another ignorant racist American.

lol, no. There’s nothing incorrect about what he’s saying.

• Reply 39 of 149
    Apple.. just hook up a pipe to my wallet so I can get the stuff faster. I'm sure you can do it; you have smart people...

And unlike Google I trust you not to sell it.
  • Reply 40 of 149

The stock has been on a tear -- witness today's move, for instance -- in large part based on this rumor. I hope Sep 9 does not disappoint: if no watch (or some other new product category), there could be a pretty hard landing.....