Apple announces Sept. 9 event for expected 'iPhone 6' & 'iWatch' unveiling: 'Wish we could say more'

Comments

• Reply 21 of 317
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

It's the top of the Apple logo with shadows ...

Though, the shape of the leaf could represent a the curved display of the ...

My thinking too - we know Apple likes to hide hints on the invitation and that shadow is the only thing that jumps out as "odd" to me. 

They also like to hide hints in their statements..."wish we could say more" as in "8 hours of battery life on an iPhone isn't enough...wish we could say more. Introducing the iPhone 6 with 12 hours of battery life"...or more...

• Reply 22 of 317
    andysol wrote: »
    FINALLY- A Full-fledged Apple Television!!!

Nah! It's CarPlay in an Apple-branded electronic vehicle ...

I'll be looking to trade in my classic 1980 BjornBorg 6 ...

Hanging on to the 1976 PattiMcGuire 36D, tho ...
  • Reply 23 of 317
    iqatedoiqatedo Posts: 1,823member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

In a change from years past, Apple's 2014 September event will be held at the Flint Centre for the Performing Arts in Cupertino, Calif. Apple typically holds its annual iPhone event at the Yerba Buena Centre in San Francisco.

There, fixed that for you. :-)

Could someone/those familiar with these venues please enlighten us plebs on (the) possible reason/s for a change this year.

• Reply 24 of 317
    I guess the rumor mills were correct on this one
  • Reply 25 of 317

Watches also display the date.

IMHO, the date is the hint.....

• Reply 26 of 317

Is the white and gray swirly graphic above the date of the ad a hint towards the look of the band for the iWatch/iBand/iTime device???

Hmmmm….

• Reply 27 of 317
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member

And AAPL is on the rise too after this announcement.

Let's see it break through 103 today at least!

How else will I be able to afford new Apple gear that is coming soon?

• Reply 28 of 317
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Amhran View Post

Even if they don't it'll be an amazingly successful keynote and blow the lid off anything the other clowns could present.

I can't disagree with that. - )

• Reply 29 of 317
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    iqatedo wrote: »

Could someone/those familiar with these venues please enlighten us plebs on (the) possible reason/s for a change this year.

Mo' bigger ????
  • Reply 30 of 317
    sirlance99sirlance99 Posts: 1,293member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

By the way, I just wanted to point out that just about everybody got the date wrong.

Most people were saying that Apple sends out invitations on tuesday, and that Sept 2 would be the likely date for the announcement.

It's good that Apple isn't falling into a predictable pattern, and keeps people guessing.

I want to see some surprises come Sept 9 also. Apple needs to blow me away with something amazing.

Everything I've ever read was Sept 9. 

• Reply 31 of 317
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SirLance99 View Post

Yes, the actual date for the presentation is Sept 9. Those rumors were correct.

I was talking about the rumors for the invitation date. Most people were saying Sept 2.

• Reply 32 of 317
    malaxmalax Posts: 1,598member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SirLance99 View Post

I think he was saying that the rumors were that the announcement OF the Sept 9th event would be made on Sept. 2nd.  Very meta.

• Reply 33 of 317
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    trubador wrote: »
    Is the white and gray swirly graphic above the date of the ad a hint towards the look of the band for the iWatch/iBand/iTime device???

Hmmmm….

Or the top of a apple. You decide.
  • Reply 34 of 317
    sirlance99sirlance99 Posts: 1,293member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Yes, the actual date for the presentation is Sept 9. Those rumors were correct.

I was talking about the rumors for the invitation date. Most people were saying Sept 2.

Ahhh, gotcha. Never cared for when they actually sent it out. Just the announcement date.

• Reply 35 of 317

Let the analysis of the invitation commence!

This is a little early than usual. Recent history has the invitations being sent out one week in advance.

Question..is this new venue bigger than where the usual iPhone events have been? If so they are expected more press for their announcements.

• Reply 36 of 317
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    Looks like the Flint Center accommodates a large crowd. That tells me this is going to be a big announcement. Much more than new phones with a bigger screen and improved camera.

16902348.jpg
  • Reply 37 of 317
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Or the top of a apple. You decide.

I'm going to go with the top of an apple. :-)

• Reply 38 of 317
    malaxmalax Posts: 1,598member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Crudman View Post

My thinking too - we know Apple likes to hide hints on the invitation and that shadow is the only thing that jumps out as "odd" to me.

They also like to hide hints in their statements..."wish we could say more" as in "8 hours of battery life on an iPhone isn't enough...wish we could say more. Introducing the iPhone 6 with 12 hours of battery life"...or more...

Actually, I'd argue that we do not know that at all.  All we know is that people like to read @#$% into every random stylistic choice Apple makes.  And as we see (satirically for the most part) in this thread, one can read anything into anything.

• Reply 39 of 317
    iqatedo wrote: »
    In a change from years past, Apple's 2014 September event will be held at the Flint Centre for the Performing Arts in Cupertino, Calif. Apple typically holds its annual iPhone event at the Yerba Buena Centre in San Francisco.

1. Schedule
    2. Comfort
    3. Accessibility
    4. Acoustics
    5. History

Flint is a beautiful venue -- less than a mile from Apple HQ.

Among others, we saw, the Duquesne Tamburitzans (Lucy was Croatian), Segovia, and the 1984 Mac Intro at Flint.

I like the idea of returning to the valley for major Apple announcements.
  • Reply 40 of 317
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Looks like the Flint Center accommodates a large crowd. That tells me this is going to be a big announcement. Much more than new phones with a bigger screen and improved camera.

My expectations are sky high!

Remember what Cue said! The best product pipeline in 25 years! 

This could very well be the biggest Apple unveiling and event ever!