Apple announces Sept. 9 event for expected 'iPhone 6' & 'iWatch' unveiling: 'Wish we could say more'

Comments

• Reply 41 of 317
    He invitation is very vague , doesn't even have a time listed . Can't really read between the lines with this one .
  • Reply 42 of 317

Looks like the leaf of the apple logo in the image is casting a shadow like a sun dial would...

• Reply 43 of 317

Venue is a function of seating capacity.  Yerba - less than 800 seats, Flint - over 2,500 seats!

Larger audience probably reflects that Apple is finally going to announce its "new category"

• Reply 44 of 317
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    He invitation is very vague , doesn't even have a time listed . Can't really read between the lines with this one .
    This is the full invitation:

Screen-Shot-2014-08-28-at-12.02.27-PM1-640x633.png
  • Reply 45 of 317
    apple ][ wrote: »
    By the way, I just wanted to point out that just about everybody got the date wrong.

Most people were saying that Apple sends out invitations on tuesday, and that Sept 2 would be the likely date for the announcement.

It's good that Apple isn't falling into a predictable pattern, and keeps people guessing.

I want to see some surprises come Sept 9 also. Apple needs to blow me away with something amazing.

Or what, u gonna go to android?
  • Reply 46 of 317
    bobschlobbobschlob Posts: 1,074member

c'mon guys, this reading-into the invite is weak. Lets get on it!!!

"Wish we could say more."

?I think they are going to present a device that allows you to "wish" anything, and the receiving party will actually hear you "say" it.

• Reply 47 of 317
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by daveinpublic View Post

Or what, u gonna go to android?

Yeah, that's a highly likely and plausible scenario.

I'd pimp out my own sister before I ever touched any Android phone.

• Reply 48 of 317
    cpsrocpsro Posts: 3,192member

The image looks like a finger pressing a flexible display--and from the tagline, maybe with haptic feedback.

• Reply 49 of 317

The real reason for the venue change is that this keynote is going to be huge!  3X the seating here than Yerba Buena!

• Reply 50 of 317
    Hmm...Apple launched the original Mac at the Flint Center. Maybe some significance there?
  • Reply 51 of 317
    jason98jason98 Posts: 768member

12 days to verify sanity of the chief designer - protruding camera vs thinner bezels.

• Reply 52 of 317
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Cpsro View Post

The image looks like a finger pressing a flexible display--maybe with haptic feedback.

I'm not high at the moment, though I will probably smoke a joint later on.

But to me, it just looks like the top of an apple.

• Reply 53 of 317
    Time to decode the Apple invite. Looks like the sun is shining on the logo in the same way the sun shines on a sundial, I'm guessing the shadow is at 10am. So iWatch it is....or Apple Sundial. lol
  • Reply 54 of 317
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    ericbolt wrote: »
    Looks like the leaf of the apple logo in the image is casting a shadow like a sun dial would...

Or Nicki Minaj about to get another butt injection. ????
  • Reply 55 of 317
    charlitunacharlituna Posts: 7,217member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by EricTheHalfBee View Post

Isn't this a little early for Apple? I thought they only announced the dates 1 week in advance. This is closer to 2 weeks.

Unless Apple is trolling the other companies with their announcements coming up.

I suspect its a little bit of trolling. They want to be sure they get the A Team not the B Team cause the A is going to the Samsung announcement or whatever. So they confirm a little early. It's been so leaked already what's the harm

• Reply 56 of 317
    cpsrocpsro Posts: 3,192member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

I'm not high at the moment, though I will probably smoke a joint later on.

But to me, it just looks like the top of an apple.

And I thought you were an Apple fan! Of course, that's what we're supposed to see. As always, for real Apple fans, the question is what message or inspiration did Apple hide in the invitation?

• Reply 57 of 317
    Flint Center seats about 2,500. I'd say that's pretty big for a media only event.
  • Reply 58 of 317
    iqatedo wrote: »
    In a change from years past, Apple's 2014 September event will be held at the Flint Centre for the Performing Arts in Cupertino, Calif. Apple typically holds its annual iPhone event at the Yerba Buena Centre in San Francisco.

There, fixed that for you. :-)

Could someone/those familiar with these venues please enlighten us plebs on (the) possible reason/s for a change this year.

1. Schedule
    2. Comfort
    3. Accessibility
    4. Acoustics
    5. History

Flint is a beautiful venue -- less than a mile from Apple HQ.

Among others, we saw, the Duquesne Tamburitzans (Lucy was Croatian), Segovia, and the 1984 Mac Intro at Flint.

I like the idea of returning to the valley for major Apple announcements.

Edit: And, if the weather is right, they could schedule a massive Hot-Air Balloon show -- I can remember driving past De Anza college (Home of Flint Center) and seeing the amazing sight of hundreds of hot-air balloons taking off in the early AM.

At that time, Apple had an Apple Logo hot air balloon that was used at [Woz] parties and Apple HQ for [tethered] ballon rides ...

Classy! I wonder ...
  • Reply 59 of 317
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Cpsro View Post

And I thought you were an Apple fan! Of course, that's what we're supposed to see. As always, for real Apple fans, the question is what message or inspiration did Apple hide in the invitation?

Believe me, I wouldn't complain if there was some sort of haptic feedback display announced, but I just don't think that it's ready for primetime yet. I think that it's still years away.

Of course, I wouldn't mind being dead wrong. I would welcome it.

• Reply 60 of 317
    charlitunacharlituna Posts: 7,217member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Flint Center seats about 2,500. I'd say that's pretty big for a media only event.

I'm more curious about this pop up building they are putting up. Needing lead time for whatever that is could be the reason for the early invitation release. Something like that would start folks checking calendars and rumors that perhaps Apple isn't using their old haunts. So why not just spill it now