Apple announces Sept. 9 event for expected 'iPhone 6' & 'iWatch' unveiling: 'Wish we could say more'

Comments

• Reply 61 of 317
    adonissmuadonissmu Posts: 1,776member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tkrunner1738 View Post

He invitation is very vague , doesn't even have a time listed . Can't really read between the lines with this one .

That won't stop anyone from trying.

• Reply 62 of 317
    andysol wrote: »
    FINALLY- A Full-fledged Apple Television!!!

And that Apple waterbed Gene Munster has been talking about non-stop...
  • Reply 64 of 317
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    rogifan wrote: »
    Flint Center seats about 2,500. I'd say that's pretty big for a media only event.

Apple is also building a structure at the location. Probably for a 'hands on' area not found within the center.
  • Reply 65 of 317
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Flint Center seats about 2,500. I'd say that's pretty big for a media only event.

Especially given the larger screen phones we're all anticipating, my sense is that this time around Apple will continue the trend toward a larger, more international list of invitees.

Reaching out to global media mavens may also account for the longer invitation lead time...it's a lot more difficult to schlep from UAE or Beijing to Cupertino than from Boston or New York.

• Reply 66 of 317
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Cpsro View Post

And I thought you were an Apple fan! Of course, that's what we're supposed to see. As always, for real Apple fans, the question is what message or inspiration did Apple hide in the invitation?

I honestly don't think there was anything thought through it. I think it's just people grasping onto anything...

• Reply 67 of 317
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    Or Nicki Minaj about to get another butt injection. ????

"Oh, my gosh.... Look at her butt..."
  • Reply 68 of 317
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member

Hopefully the morons have learned their lesson after being banned for the past five years.

• Reply 69 of 317
    rogifan wrote: »

The exile is over. They're probably square dancing over at Gizmodo.
  • Reply 70 of 317
    Quote:

Originally Posted by appleinthemountains View Post

Two things: big apple = larger screen, sun dial shadowing = watch..

I can support your idea.

• Reply 71 of 317
    cpsro wrote: »
    The image looks like a finger pressing a flexible display--and from the tagline, maybe with haptic feedback.

Nah! It's it's a top-down view of someone's bare backside showing the top of their butt-crack (Viki Dugan?) ... I can't, for the life of me, imagine what that odd-shaped component above the butt-crack is ???

Pipped by dasanman69 and SpamSandwich.
  • Reply 72 of 317
    Quote:

Originally Posted by IQatEdo View Post

There, fixed that for you. :-)

Could someone/those familiar with these venues please enlighten us plebs on (the) possible reason/s for a change this year.

Larger venue, closer to Apple HQ, on the same stage where the original Mac debuted 30 years ago. I saw on MacRumors that a large installation is under construction at the Flint Center. Yerba Buena Center has multiple exhibitions going on right now that are open to the public. I doubt that Apple would be able to take over the entire venue for two weeks and do this kind of construction while keeping things under wraps.

Flint Center is on a community college campus, but fall classes don't start until late-September (quarter calendar). So, there won't be nearly as much activity around the venue between now and September 9.

http://www.macrumors.com/2014/08/28/apple-flint-center-structure-iphone-6/

• Reply 73 of 317

My guess:

Cut out Apple logo (like we saw in part leaks) for the iPhone represents the raised logo in the invite.

And the reason for it being cut out, and not aluminium, is because they need to use the Apple logo as an Antenna for NFC.

NFC used exclusively for payments integration with existing contactless systems.

• Reply 74 of 317

Can I sign up for automatic shipments of new iOS devices?

• Reply 75 of 317
    "Oh, my gosh.... Look at her butt..."

"little in the middle, but she got much back" ????
  • Reply 76 of 317
    malaxmalax Posts: 1,598member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Apple is also building a structure at the location. Probably for a 'hands on' area not found within the center.

They couldn't just rent one of Google's mysterious barges?

Or perhaps the new iPhone is too big to squeeze into the Flint Center.

• Reply 77 of 317
    mj webmj web Posts: 918member

755 seat Yerba Buena vs 2300 Flint Center, over 3x seating capacity! Absolutely flabbergasted that there hasn't been one leak of this watch. Apple security is tighter than Uncle Sam. Or -- as I've often speculated -- Apple is responsible for spreading the majority of rumors about Apple.

• Reply 78 of 317
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    The exile is over. They're probably square dancing over at Gizmodo.
    And yet still no invitations for the 9to5Mac guys. Haha...
  • Reply 79 of 317
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    mj web wrote: »
    755 seat Yerba Buena vs 2300 Flint Center, over 3x seating capacity! Absolutely flabbergasted that there hasn't been one leak of this watch. Apple security is tighter than Uncle Sam. Or -- as I've often speculated -- Apple is responsible for spreading the majority of rumors about Apple.

Seeing capacity at recent Apple events

Apple campus town hall: 301
    Yerba Buena Center: 757
    San Jose Center for Performing Arts: 1,122

Seating capacity of Flint Center: 2,405
  • Reply 80 of 317
    boeyc15boeyc15 Posts: 986member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Looks like the Flint Center accommodates a large crowd. That tells me this is going to be a big announcement. Much more than new phones with a bigger screen and improved camera.

16902348.jpg

Yes significantly so... good point.