Apple announces Sept. 9 event for expected 'iPhone 6' & 'iWatch' unveiling: 'Wish we could say more'

Comments

• Reply 81 of 317
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    adonissmu wrote: »
    Can I sign up for automatic shipments of new iOS devices?

That's a pretty good idea, or a app that automatically orders for you.
  • Reply 82 of 317
    malaxmalax Posts: 1,598member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MJ Web View Post

755 seat Yerba Buena vs 2300 Flint Center, over 3x seating capacity! Absolutely flabbergasted that there hasn't been one leak of this watch. Apple security is tighter than Uncle Sam. Or -- as I've often speculated -- Apple is responsible for spreading the majority of rumors about Apple.

What's the over-under on how much AAPL would drop on 9/9/14 is the iWatch isn't unveiled?

Just for fun (at the cost of billions of dollars of market cap temporarily) they should do a fake presentation announcing a new iPhone without a bigger screen ("in new colors!"), a modestly upgrade Apple TV ("now even thinner!"), new ear buds and iPad covers ("with a clicky keyboard!"), and ... one more thing ... a re-rollout of the iPod nano that can be used as a watch.  "Thanks so much, for coming!  We think this is our best lineup ever and we're hoping for some even better products in late 2015 or early 2016!"

Then after the Internet explodes, they pop up a "jk LOL" slide and move onto the real announcements.

• Reply 83 of 317
    Originally Posted by ericbolt View Post

Looks like the leaf of the apple logo in the image is casting a shadow like a sun dial would...

Or, you know, like EVERY SINGLE OTHER OBJECT IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE would.

Originally Posted by BobSchlob View Post

I think they are going to present a device that allows you to "wish" anything, and the receiving party will actually hear you "say" it.

No, no, no. Apple has invented genies. You’ll be able to wish anything and RECEIVE it. Additional wishes $1.29 in the iWish store.

Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

They want to be sure they get the A Team not the B Team cause the A is going to the Samsung announcement or whatever.

You realize what you’re saying, right?

If the media was sitting in the theater waiting for the Samsung announcement to start and they all got notifications on their iPhones that Apple was announcing something in 15 minutes, there would be such panic for the exits that half of them would be killed.

• Reply 84 of 317
    rogifan wrote: »
    Seeing capacity at recent Apple events

Apple campus town hall: 301
    Yerba Buena Center: 757
    San Jose Center for Performing Arts: 1,122

Seating capacity of Flint Center: 2,405

I guess they're expecting people might be interested to see what's new or something. ????
  • Reply 85 of 317
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    3 story structure being put up. Assuming its a demo area?

flintcenter.jpg
  • Reply 86 of 317
    rogifan wrote: »
    3 story structure being put up. Assuming its a demo area?

flintcenter.jpg

It's a holding area for the angels and unicorns. It's gonna be...snif...magical!
  • Reply 87 of 317

Bigger venue required for bigger phones. More proof that a 5.5" iPhone exists. So obvious that even a limbless monkey could swing from it.

• Reply 88 of 317
    boeyc15boeyc15 Posts: 986member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

I'm more curious about this pop up building they are putting up. Needing lead time for whatever that is could be the reason for the early invitation release. Something like that would start folks checking calendars and rumors that perhaps Apple isn't using their old haunts. So why not just spill it now

Pop up building? I missed that, where is that...say what?

Edit, oh from Rogifan... do we know its from Apple etc?

• Reply 89 of 317
    Originally Posted by Lorin Schultz View Post

Bigger venue required for bigger phones. More proof that a 5.5" iPhone exists. So obvious that even a limbless monkey could swing from it.

I’m bothered by the fact that this is going to become a new meme for all future products.

• Reply 90 of 317
    I'm spread eagle, come in for a landing Apple!
  • Reply 91 of 317

Ok, I'll go ahead and take a stab at the hidden meaning.

Revolution

Apple rarely does things in public without forethought.

Date- 9/9. They could have realistically picked any number of days in September and October, but wanted the 9/9 for the number 9.

Art- White, with a bit of the logo. Logo I think is there to reduce starkness of an all white invite (and to give Appleness to it). But the choice was more in reference to the Beatles' "White" album.

So the number 9 on the "White" album is reference to Revolution 9, hence revolution. Apple seems to be hinting that the announcement will bring a revolution in some form. (Whether that is in wearables or something for handsets is yet to be known by us.)

• Reply 92 of 317

Regarding hidden meanings in the invite: obviously this speculation happens every year, but I don't recall ever seeing any assessment AFTER the event. Has anyone ever gone back and compared the predictions drawn from the invitation design to what was actually announced to see if any of them were right? Has anyone ever actually uncovered a real clue in any invitation to date?

Then again, I guess there's no way to isolate predictions based solely on the invitation design, since they are polluted by leaks and rumours.

• Reply 93 of 317
    It's a holding area for the angels and unicorns. It's gonna be...snif...magical!

And fairies sprinkling dust, but gotta make sure that the angels, and dust don't mix, because then everything will look magical.????
  • Reply 94 of 317

Hey [@]sog35[/@], how did you do that trick?
  • Reply 95 of 317
    gctwnlgctwnl Posts: 278member

New Apple TV + little cam/mic that turns your TV into a full-sized video conference using Facetime. Let grandma&grandpa see the little ones full sized. And say a bit more...

+ Apple TV can be directed from the iWatch or iPhone or iPad so you get a better UI than with that horrible remote.

+ Apple TV Store

• Reply 96 of 317
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member

Flint Center - 1984 - Macintosh

Flint Center - 1998 - iMac

Flint Center - 2014 - ??????????

• Reply 96 of 317

My guess is that the constructed building on site is for a connected home that you'll be able to control locks, lights, fans, etc from your iPhone and iWatch. Best way to actually show its use: actually using it.

• Reply 98 of 317
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Originally Posted by Lorin Schultz View Post

I’m bothered by the fact that this is going to become a new meme for all future products.

I wouldn't worry about it. As evidenced by the incredible stretch in my post, the well of similes is drying up.

• Reply 99 of 317
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

My expectations are sky high!

Remember what Cue said! The best product pipeline in 25 years! 

This could very well be the biggest Apple unveiling and event ever!

Me too.  If we don't get 2 iPhone sizes, Mac mini, Retina iMac, iWatch, and a revamped Apple TV- then they are clearly doomed.

Seriously though- I want an Apple TV refresh more than anything else...

• Reply 100 of 317
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Please make it Tallest!