Samsung asks New Yorkers to compare Apple's iPad Air to Galaxy Tab S in new ad

Comments

• Reply 21 of 104
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member

What a crappy and desperate ad!

Only a fool would be fooled by such a deceptive, manipulative and lying ad, coming from the cheats known as Samsung. As their profits fall, their desperation increases, and they have some serious Apple jealousy, that they just can't hide.

What about the hundreds of clips of people who said that Apple is best?

Samsung just threw those away in the trash bin.

With manipulative and selective editing, you can walk around New York City and find people (dumbasses) who will say on camera that ebola is a good thing. There are dumbasses everywhere, and Samsung managed to find a few for their ad. They were also probably paid dumbasses.

They talk about the size and weight, because there's not much else to talk about.

Who cares about the size and weight, when it's running Android? It's like dating a skinny girl, but she happens to have AIDS! That's what an Android tablet is like. The size and weight is irrelevant when the inside is seriously sick and damaged.

• Reply 22 of 104

"Definitely the Samsung is the best one.  Now where is my free one?" - Overheard after the director cut the video.

Immediately afterwards the device was sold to Gazelle and used the cash to buy an iPad.

• Reply 23 of 104
    magman1979magman1979 Posts: 1,293member
    andysol wrote: »
    They are so obsessed- it's pathetic!

It's beyond pathetic actually, it'll be the single greatest cause of their eventual demise, right behind the fact their products are such junk!
    cpsro wrote: »
    Galaxy Tab S - the one with the blown out color

And I've seen those Super AMOLED screens in person, the excessive colour saturation their exhibit cannot be described until you see it for yourself, it's amazing how unnatural the image is!
    Pause at 36 sec, that's clearly not an iPad Air

I thought that as well at first, but when you forward frame-by-frame, you'll eventually notice that it's actually just the letter boxing of the image they used. Once the sun reflects off the iPad, you can identify the thinner side bezel which is the iPad Air. As much as I despise Samsung and their ways, this time they didn't fake that scene.
    b9bot wrote: »
    Samsung has already been caught lying about there commercials. All setup so naturally the people that got paid to say Samsung was better were in the commercial doing so. This is no big surprise.
    All lies!

I was going to say I bet this was all fixed by cash handouts, because Samsung has been caught doing this in the past on blogs. I wouldn't put it past them. But on the same token, I actually know people who are so dumb and tech illiterate they take Scamsung's word at face value and don't question the marketing speak. Those people deserve whatever Scamsung feeds them, because both are equally stupid.
    charlituna wrote: »
    seriously lame. Like anyone would believe that these were random encounters with random people who all just happen to love Samsung and speak marketing copy. 

Samsung needs to get over their obsession with Apple and focus first on being the best Android brand. Win that market first. 

Unfortunately I know people who are stupid enough to believe this crap at face value, and denounce anyone with anything negative to say about Samsung. I've argued with some of my co-workers who are die-hard Samsung'ers, and they're really sad people.
  • Reply 24 of 104
    rob bonner wrote: »
    The interesting part for me was all the comments that said 'That is the best one', but no pointing occurred, and the tablets are not in view.  Could have been either in real life.
    You should have another look at it then, there are several of the scenes where the guy found enough "paid morons" to claim the Samsung was better, and some did point to them. They probably got an extra $50 for the pointing...
  • Reply 25 of 104
    pfisherpfisher Posts: 758member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by b9bot View Post

Samsung has already been caught lying about there commercials. All setup so naturally the people that got paid to say Samsung was better were in the commercial doing so. This is no big surprise.

All lies!

So rigged such as when that one girl said, "Samsung makes the best screens", or something to that effect. 

• Reply 26 of 104
    pfisher wrote: »
     So rigged such as when that one girl said, "Samsung makes the best screens", or something to that effect. 
    I know right? Sony actually makes the best screens, and always has. Sharp's are also very impressive.

That made me throw up a little in my mouth...
  • Reply 27 of 104

Welcome to our new website. Samsung Insider. I could give a %^&$ LESS about that Galaxy tab. If it's running android it's JUNK.

• Reply 28 of 104
    Wow. Samsung uses a good looking, young, outgoing guy to leverage his charm and parade around New York manipulating people into saying things on camera.

This ad is marketing a good salesman, not a good product.
  • Reply 29 of 104
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pfisher View Post

The Asian girl ( I wonder if she's Korean, and shes just flaunting her nationalistic ignorance?) said "Samsung makes the best screens in the world", and then her dumb friend that is standing next to her says "yeah....".

As if those two random females walking around know anything about screens or displays at all. What a joke.

• Reply 30 of 104
    gumbigumbi Posts: 148member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pfisher View Post

Except that it's true.  The iPad Air's screen just slipped to #3 or #4 as rated by DisplayMate.  The Galaxy Tab S 10.5 has the best overall screen of any tablet.  #2 just barely behind it is the Surface Pro 3  - which by he way had the most accurate color of any tablet screen they had ever measured.

So, at least for now - it's absolutely the truth.  Samsung does make the best screens.

• Reply 31 of 104
    mstone wrote: »
    What did you buy? I went with all GE Profile. Highest rated but complete crap in my opinion. I had the refrigerator replaced the first week. The dishwasher had to be serviced twice in the first month and now the microwave circuit board failed as well. I was able to fix it, twice. It apparently is a known defect. You have to disassemble it and clean the connectors on a ribbon cable which get dirty from cooking. 

I don't hate Samsung. I just want the best products for my needs. I really don't care who makes it. My MBP has a Samsung screen, which I'm happy about because the ones that came with LG screen had problems, my iOS devices are full of Samsung kit. I'm not going to boycott Apple products because they contain Samsung parts. I use Google services and their search too, but I would never buy an Android device because I prefer iOS, but if my vacuum cleaner, TV or washing machine used some Android, I wouldn't care.

I'm planning to purchase 6 new split AC units next year and I am considering Samsung as they are one of the highest rated.

I actually cross shopped GE and Samsung refrigerators a couple years ago when I bought my house. What I discovered is GE refrigerators are basically rebadged Samsungs minus a few features. I bought the GE since it was a little less expensive and it's been fine. Got a Bosch dishwasher and haven't been disappointed.

By the way, I'm with you on Samsung: all my TVs are Samsung, but I'll never buy a phone or tablet from them. I love my iDevices. Too entrenched in Apple's ecosystem.
  • Reply 32 of 104
    fred1fred1 Posts: 1,112member
    Bad acting, obvious prompts (in case the actors forgot which one to pick), too many unclear opinions . . .
  • Reply 33 of 104
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

The Asian girl ( I wonder if she's Korean, and shes just flaunting her nationalistic ignorance?) said "Samsung makes the best screens in the world", and then her dumb friend that is standing next to her says "yeah....".

As if those two random females walking around know anything about screens or displays at all. What a joke.

Except that it's true - Samsung does make the best screens. 

• Reply 34 of 104
    Quote:

Originally Posted by gumbi View Post

Do you mean like all of those wonderful pentile displays that Samsung has used on many of their products?

Pentile is crap. Maybe this new Samsung tablet isn't pentile, I can't even be bothered to look it up, because it doesn't matter to me, but Pentile has been featured on a ton of Samsung products.

• Reply 35 of 104
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Do you mean like all of those wonderful pentile displays that Samsung has used on many of their products?

Pentile is crap. Maybe this new Samsung tablet isn't pentile, I can't even be bothered to look it up, because it doesn't matter to me, but Pentile has been featured on a ton of Samsung products.

I don't know if it's pentile or not - and I don't really care. But, DisplayMate says that the Galaxy Tab S 10.5 has the best all around display of an tablet.  No offense - but, I think I'll take their word over yours.

• Reply 36 of 104
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member

Samsung has found a marketing strategy that clearly pays off. If it wasn't working they wouldn't be doing it. It is up to Apple to counter Samsung in their own way but getting into a nit picking specs war with Samsung would in al likelihood be hugely counterproductive. Once you are a leader everybody's is gunning for you, that is the nature of the game. It is far easier to attack the leader than to find a balance at the top. You don't want to come across as arrogant, or self righteous, yet you have to assert your superiority. Apple is doing pretty good. IMO one of the challenges is not to become 'uncool' in the eyes of younger users. The alleged iWatch and its alleged links to healthkit and Apple's alleged involvement with health services is hard to make cool to both teenagers and oap's alike. Which is where the Beats acquisition makes a lot of sense. I am kind of wondering if in the future we will see some kind of business division within Apple.

• Reply 37 of 104
    gumbi wrote: »

Wrong, they don't make the best, not by a LONG shot! And BTW, DisplayMate lost me when they rated Scamsung screens as #2 and #3 behind Surface. While the Surface does have a nice screen, visually in person it's a tie with the iPad Air. The Scamcrap screens are so over-saturated and unnatural I now don't trust DisplayMate anymore with their ratings.
  • Reply 38 of 104
    gumbi wrote: »
    I don't know if it's pentile or not - and I don't really care. But, DisplayMate says that the Galaxy Tab S 10.5 has the best all around display of an tablet.  No offense - but, I think I'll take their word over yours.
    Then you're a fool. Go compare a SP3, iPA, and Scamcrap side by side, and you'll see just how bad Scamcrap is.
  • Reply 39 of 104
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MagMan1979 View Post

Then you're a fool. Go compare a SP3, iPA, and Scamcrap side by side, and you'll see just how bad Scamcrap is.

Did you compare them side by side? Where can you do that? Best Buy is the only place I know that has all three models, but they are bolted to the tables in different areas of the store.

• Reply 40 of 104
    mstone wrote: »
    Did you compare them side by side? Where can you do that? Best Buy is the only place I know that has all three models, but they are bolted to the tables in different areas of the store.
    We have a small electronics chain up here called Visions. The table that houses all the tablet displays has them all on long 6ft security cables, allowing you to compare them all side by side.

They carry all the top models from Samsung, MS, and the iPad Air, so was able to do the SBS comparison.

The SP3 and iPA were the most natural, best looking displays, while the Samsung looked way overblown. And I compared them all using the same screen calibration test image used for color, greyscale, clarity, and moire setups, so each device was showing the exact same image.