Alleged 'iPhone 6' NFC chip and working hardware shown in latest leaks

Comments

• Reply 21 of 102
    ronmgronmg Posts: 163member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

MacRumors has a story claiming the A8 chip for the new iPhone only has 1GB RAM. Is it really that expensive to bump it up to 2GB?

Not necessarily that expensive, but definitely a battery sucker, and Apple would rather improve battery life than throw a bunch of somewhat unnecessary RAM at the phone.  They would rather manage the user interface with less RAM and save battery life.

• Reply 22 of 102
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    ronmg wrote: »
    Not necessarily that expensive, but definitely a battery sucker, and Apple would rather improve battery life than throw a bunch of somewhat unnecessary RAM at the phone.  They would rather manage the user interface with less RAM and save battery life.
    I don't think more RAM would be considered unnecessary. Certainly not on the iPad. My 5S is better than my iPad Air in that regard but I do have occasional app crashes. Hopefully there are improvements with iOS 8. Safari especially needs it.
  • Reply 23 of 102

It's a gorgeous bloody phone. I'll take two.

• Reply 24 of 102
    Quote:

Originally Posted by RalphMouth View Post

I was being sarcastic. I was trying pre-empt all the "why those ugly bands" and "the phone isn't flat" comments.

I forgot to write /s.

Why don't you go back and edit your post then? (Just click on the pencil icon on the bottom left).

• Reply 25 of 102
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member

So, this Feld & Volk are in possession of stolen contraband. Why isn't the FBI all over this?

• Reply 26 of 102
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member

It is remarkable how these amateur videos and photos are so poorly lit and framed. Why bother adding music and titles if you can't even get it in focus?

• Reply 27 of 102
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

So, this Feld & Volk are in possession of stolen contraband. Why isn't the FBI all over this?

Because they are in Russia.

• Reply 28 of 102
    bobschlobbobschlob Posts: 1,074member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BobSchlob View Post

Sorry, I just can't see how they will release this device with a protruding lens.

(remaining skeptical)

To clarify; it's not an aesthetic thing (so much) as a use thing. The fact that the device will no longer lay flat on it's back (not to mention it no longer standing flat on it's edges), loses a lot of practical use along with a good quantity of apps.

Also seems to me that along with the increased size, that little protruding ring will quickly wear a hole through (stretched) rear pants pockets.

• Reply 29 of 102
    Quote:

(not to mention it no longer standing flat on it's edges)

I have actually used the standing on side feature several times for Facetime.

I also use the phone sitting flat on my desk every day, but I have a bunch of new mouse pads lying around so I will just put one where I usually place my phone. That should take care of that problem.

• Reply 30 of 102
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by mstone View Post

Because they are in Russia.

• Reply 31 of 102
    Quote:

To clarify; it's not an aesthetic thing (so much) as a use thing. The fact that the device will no longer lay flat on it's back (not to mention it no longer standing flat on it's edges), loses a lot of practical use along with a good quantity of apps.

Also seems to me that along with the increased size, that little protruding ring will quickly wear a hole through (stretched) rear pants pockets.

I'm sure if you put it in a case, it would not matter.

• Reply 32 of 102
    ralphmouth wrote: »
    Uhhh... Worst. iPhone. Ever

Next time, post a photo of Comic Store Guy so people will get the reference.
  • Reply 33 of 102
    bobschlob wrote: »
    Sorry, I just can't see how they will release this device with a protruding lens.
    (remaining skeptical)

I say that every time I see the Nikon D810 DSLR monstrosity. /s
  • Reply 34 of 102
    dickprinterdickprinter Posts: 1,060member
    Quote:

(remaining skeptical)

As am I. With Apple's design and build quality, one would be hard-pressed to see the outline of the SIM tray in a video. The eject hole? Yes. But not the rest. 

• Reply 35 of 102
    nelsonxnelsonx Posts: 278member

It only has 1Gb of RAM!!! I'm not buying this! Not in 2014!

• Reply 36 of 102
    This does not seem correct... iOS 8 has a red iTunes logo at that point of boot up (not a blue one)
  • Reply 37 of 102
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by Skillquest View Post

This does not seem correct... iOS 8 has a red iTunes logo at that point of boot up (not a blue one)

Wait, really? In the betas, you mean? I’m seeing otherwise.

• Reply 38 of 102
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Originally Posted by Skillquest View Post

Wait, really? In the betas, you mean? I’m seeing otherwise.

In the earlier iOS 8 betas it still had a blue logo as mentioned in the article.

• Reply 39 of 102

Yes in the latest beta.  I am running Yosemite also with the latest iTunes (which has a red logo).   I wonder if it has  anything to do with that.   I don't want to reset my phone just to grab a picture now :) 

• Reply 40 of 102
    Apple will confirm or deny all this on Sep. 9th? Funny, I can't recall Apple ever using their events to deny rumors.