Alleged 'iPhone 6' NFC chip and working hardware shown in latest leaks

Comments

• Reply 41 of 102
    If you turn the chip sideways...it's written NXP!
  • Reply 42 of 102
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    9to5Mac speculates that the new iPhone displays will be 3x as 3x assets have been found in iOS 8.

http://tinyurl.com/q42ybvv

I hope so because 3x is so much sharper than 2x

[IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/2gv6c1e.jpg[/IMG]
  • Reply 43 of 102
    nasseraenasserae Posts: 3,167member
    This look gorgeous. I guess we know how it looks like. I am interested in what's inside now.
  • Reply 44 of 102
    nasseraenasserae Posts: 3,167member
    It's a gorgeous bloody phone. I'll take two.

I remember people hating the iPhone 4 look when it was leaked by Gizmodo. It didn't take long after the official announcement for them to say it is the best phone design.
  • Reply 45 of 102
    antkm1antkm1 Posts: 1,441member

Ug-ly.  Don't like the bands, don't like the size, don't like the protruding camera.  I won't be getting this.  I've had an iPhone in my house since Gen-1...i have had every model of iPhone (except for the 4s and 5)...and i honestly think that if they drop the "small" iPhone, i'm done.  I wasn't even crazy about the 4" screen but i have one, and it frustrates me every time i have to tap the top of the screen (reach issues).

• Reply 46 of 102
    mjtomlinmjtomlin Posts: 2,673member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BobSchlob View Post

I'm not totally up to speed on all of these technologies; but wasn't it argued earlier on that Apple would not be going with NFC for this type of thing? Opting for iBeacon, or some other type of technology?

In any case, I'm sure they will use whatever is most advantageous for them to use.

iBeacon cannot be used for payments, it is simply a location/proximity technology... no information is ever transferred.

People have pooh-poohed NFC simply because Apple had yet to release a device that included the technology. More than likely they wanted to put everything else in place before actually adopting it. If I had to guess how Apple plans to implement their mobile payment system...

Step 1. Use Touch ID for authorization

Step 2. Pull your iTunes account information (credit card)

Step 3. Enter your credit card's security code (this step might not be needed, but is an extra level of security)

Step 4. Information is transferred to the POS terminal via NFC

Currently Apple does not have to use NFC in their own stores, because they can make and authorize the transaction directly through your iTunes account. Proprietors of businesses outside of Apple would not be able to do this without using an extra device that could interact with Apple's iTunes.

• Reply 47 of 102
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NasserAE View Post

I remember people hating the iPhone 4 look when it was leaked by Gizmodo. It didn't take long after the official announcement for them to say it is the best phone design.

nope, i still hated the look of the 4, I waited quite a while to get one, and hated having to use a case.  in my mind i would get paranoid about the glass cracking if i set it down or dropped it.  I had seen so many of my friends that had crack screens or backs.  Plus the sharper edges i never got used to after owning the 3g & 3gs for so long.

• Reply 48 of 102
    Quote:

Sorry, I just can't see how they will release this device with a protruding lens.

(remaining skeptical)

They released the iPod Touch with a protruding lens.  I hate that too.  so basically apple is telling us now we have to use a case if we want our phone or iPod to sit flat on the table.  or face down which i'll never do without a case.  I hate cases about as much as i hate a "bra" for a car.

• Reply 49 of 102
    The lens is not going to protrude. Honestly, you guys read one word in the title of a post and then just run with it, for weeks after you've seen the bare metal shell of the back, with that area on the top (and bottom) recessed below the level of the main part of the back. And now you've seen...

that area filled with a metal panel surrounded by plastic (or something), obviously an antenna, which the lens will be flush with.
  • Reply 50 of 102
    Learn More About Apple Products And Its Current Market Prices. With Many Methods, Strategies, And Options On Ways To Save & Profit. Visit Us And Check Out Our eBook.
    http://www.letstakeabite.com %uFEFF
  • Reply 51 of 102
    The glass doesn't fit right and the overall fit and finish is subpar compared to a normal Apple product, but this glorified mock-up does encompass all the rumored feature changes for the iPhone 6. He might not be too far off.
  • Reply 52 of 102
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    antkm1 wrote: »
    nope, i still hated the look of the 4, I waited quite a while to get one, and hated having to use a case.  in my mind i would get paranoid about the glass cracking if i set it down or dropped it.  I had seen so many of my friends that had crack screens or backs.  Plus the sharper edges i never got used to after owning the 3g & 3gs for so long.

Why would you say, "nope"? That happened but that doesn't mean you were one of those people. I was certainly one of those people when those horrible grainy photos appears on Gizmodo.
  • Reply 53 of 102
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    rogifan wrote: »
    9to5Mac speculates that the new iPhone displays will be 3x as 3x assets have been found in iOS 8.

http://tinyurl.com/q42ybvv

I hope so because 3x is so much sharper than 2x

[image]

1) Thanks for using the url shortener.

2) Gruber had a very detailed article as to why he thought Apple would be using 3x images and what he believes the new resolution will be and why. He makes a compelling case.
  • Reply 54 of 102
    Hopefully, this is not the iPhone 6! The back looks ugly! The antenna separators are showing and make it look like the HTC One M7-M8 phones. Oh my! No!
  • Reply 55 of 102
    Originally Posted by Harry Wild View Post

The antenna separators are showing…

Just like the four models before it. What’s your point?

• Reply 56 of 102
    palegolaspalegolas Posts: 1,361member
    Finally a proper 5.5" leak. Should have room for a lot of work. Oops.. First I thought both were the new models. But the small one is the current model I guess? Ok.. So if this is the 4.7" model it's pretty large already..
  • Reply 57 of 102
    macapfelmacapfel Posts: 575member
    Quote:

Sorry, I just can't see how they will release this device with a protruding lens.

(remaining skeptical)

If this is a protruding lens – and I think it is – it seems, the iPhone won't get much thinner in future iterations.
  • Reply 58 of 102
    macapfelmacapfel Posts: 575member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by RonMG View Post

I will honestly say that I haven't messed with any of those iPhone external lenses that are available out there, but would the protruding lens better enable a host of external lenses that can better align by 'clicking' over the small extrusion and maybe magnetically stay in place?  Could this be a reason for the protruding?

That actually is a good idea!

• Reply 59 of 102
    palegolaspalegolas Posts: 1,361member
    What screen are they using? Almost looks like an OLED in this video.
  • Reply 60 of 102
    misamisa Posts: 827member
    bobschlob wrote: »
    To clarify; it's not an aesthetic thing (so much) as a use thing. The fact that the device will no longer lay flat on it's back (not to mention it no longer standing flat on it's edges), loses a lot of practical use along with a good quantity of apps.
    Also seems to me that along with the increased size, that little protruding ring will quickly wear a hole through (stretched) rear pants pockets.

You shouldn't put phones or wallets in back pockets because it damages nerves in your back.

As for the ring itself, I hate asymmetrical textured surfaces, The protrouding lens is going to screw over anyone who was using the iphone as a impromptu bubble-level, however there will likely be third-party bumpers that solve that