Samsung asks New Yorkers to compare Apple's iPad Air to Galaxy Tab S in new ad

Comments

• Reply 81 of 104
    boredumbboredumb Posts: 1,418member

"Samsung asks New Yorkers to compare Apple's iPad Air to Galaxy Tab S in new ad…"

The archetypical  'be careful what you wish for'.

• Reply 82 of 104
    zeromeuszeromeus Posts: 182member

Wow! How pathetic! Out of 8.4 million people living in NYC, they found only a handful of people who prefer the Galaxy tablet and decides to boast over it… That’s samesung for you… Just be happy with the little scraps that they get off of the table. What a dog! Those handful of people were probably paid thousands of dollars for their lie.

• Reply 83 of 104

Wow! How pathetic! Out of 8.4 million people living in NYC, they found only a handful of people who prefer the Galaxy tablet and decides to boast over it… That’s samesung for you… Just be happy with the little scraps that they get off of the table. What a dog! Those handful of people were probably paid thousands of dollars for their lie.

• Reply 84 of 104
    b9botb9bot Posts: 238member

No Samsung bribes, lies, and coaches people to pick Samsung. None of it is a true reaction to the hardware they show between the two.

• Reply 85 of 104
    koopkoop Posts: 337member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by zeromeus View Post

It's not absurd that people talk up Samsung. I work in the cellular industry for a small carrier, and you'd be surprised at the people who will walk into the store, not look at iPhones and just ask about the latest Galaxy phone. Even after assessing their needs and determining an iPhone is a good solution, they recoil in disgust at my suggestion. The fanatic culture that surrounds Apple and how Samsung exploited that culture with their large advertising budget has really had an impact on how consumers view Galaxy phones vs Apple devices. To the point where they are often convinced to buy an inferior device because it's uncool to have working, dependable device like an iPhone.

• Reply 86 of 104
    zeromeus wrote: »

Nonsense. Look how many people in these forums get so mad if you don't praise Samsung that they'll quit. Samsung has plenty of fans.
  • Reply 87 of 104
    magman1979magman1979 Posts: 1,292member
    mstone wrote: »
    I have decided to resign from this forum. Goodbye to long time friends. The likes of BF have made my participation too taxing, He wins. So long. I was going to do a Soli when I reached 10K posts but now I will just concentrate on my other interests. Enjoy!

Yeah and continue the hate, I just bought three Asus Windows computers today/
    Good, one less troll in the forums to deal with. Don't let the door hit you on the way out! And make sure you buy extended warranties and lots of anti-virus protection for those craptastic ASUS Winfailure 8 laptops, you'll need both!
  • Reply 88 of 104

Those are shamesung employees trying to give shamesung publicity.  There is no such thing as REAL shamesung loyalists.

• Reply 89 of 104

Nah!  There is no such thing as a "true" shamesung loyalist.  The few who appear to be are paid shamesung employees. 

• Reply 90 of 104
    Don't forget that when the iPhone first released they were comparing it to other smartphones at the first iPhone key!
  • Reply 91 of 104
    I would never buy Samsung garbage when I've been happy with my Mac and other Apple products for 12 years now.
  • Reply 92 of 104
    zeromeus wrote: »
    Those are shamesung employees trying to give shamesung publicity.  There is no such thing as REAL shamesung loyalists.

Nonsense. All those celebrity iPhone users tweeting how much they love their Samsung products from their iPhone can't possibly be paid to say that. /s
  • Reply 93 of 104
    crosslad wrote: »
    I would never trust a Samsung advert to give a honest view. Remember when they got caught paying students to post poor reviews on HTC phones.

Samsung fans have conveniently forgotten that, and they have erected a memory barrier against remembering so they can sleep at night.
  • Reply 94 of 104

Once a company is advertising using their competitor's name, they have lost. Pepsi lost to Coke, Dodge lost to all the other trucks, etc. etc. That said, you don't have to "win" to be successful...

Quote:

Originally Posted by b9bot View Post

Samsung has already been caught lying about there commercials.

To be fair, Apple's recent ad tells me that I don't know how powerful I am. That's complete lie. I'm a bike racer who trains with a power meter, so I do know how powerful I am. Much closer than anyone using one of these overblown pedometers knows.

• Reply 95 of 104
    cnocbuicnocbui Posts: 3,613member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by waterrockets View Post

Once a company is advertising using their competitor's name, they have lost. Pepsi lost to Coke, Dodge lost to all the other trucks, etc. etc. That said, you don't have to "win" to be successful...

Really?

etc, etc...

• Reply 96 of 104
    Originally Posted by cnocbui View Post

Really?

Yes, you continue not to comprehend the argument, just like so many others.

• Reply 97 of 104
    Quote:

Really?

etc, etc...

There's no competitor's name mentioned in that ad. "Windows" isn't anywhere in there.

• Reply 98 of 104
    Quote:

Originally Posted by waterrockets View Post

There's no competitor's name mentioned in that ad. "Windows" isn't anywhere in there.

Did it have to be?

• Reply 99 of 104
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Yes, you continue not to comprehend the argument, just like so many others.

Do elucidate.

• Reply 100 of 104
    Quote:

Did it have to be?

Yes. I said "Once a company is advertising using their competitor's name, they have lost"