Adobe's Photoshop Mix for iPad gets extensibility, panoramic file support, more in update

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    hmmhmm Posts: 3,405member

Quote:

Originally Posted by shutterbug View Post

I just don't understand why they would do such a thing?! If u can't pay a month u have 30days 2switch over to a different system/software or lose YOUR OWN PERSONAL WORK??!! How can that be?? Do u think they'll change it if enough of us boycott it?

Tick the box where it says maximize compatibility on your psds. That will embed a flattened image for any software that cannot properly interpret its layers, yet can read from a .psd. Boycotting is useless here. They don't have any real competitors, and the money isn't there to really draw in new developers. iOS has attracted much more in the way of innovative photo editing apps with differing color handling and vectorized brush engines, but I wouldn't anticipate anything on OSX. The one exception to that might be ormr. For whatever reason the first link that mentioned it seemed to suggest it was owned by the foundry. Anyway ormr is in open beta.  I don't know how they funded development. I'm curious if they linearize everything.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

If I want the software, I want the software. I don't care if it's marginally or hugely cheaper. Creative Cloud only benefits Adobe and has no connection to my needs as a customer.

No company cares about you. They care about making more money, which is necessary if you want their software to continue to work on the newest hardware. Over the past couple years many people have hoped for a competitor, but it's not a great investment opportunity. The growth isn't necessarily there right now, and you have to deal with entrenched workflows and software. 

• Reply 22 of 26

Tthe 2014 refresh rendered many of my plugins and filters useless. Some I doubt will ever be updated as they are industry specific for packaging. So now I'm stuck with two installs of CC on my mac just so I can switch back to the older version that works while I wait for updates or find similar filters from other developers. Had this been standalone I could have waited until this version was well adopted and supported by third parties before buying it. Instead this is touted as an advantage of my subscription over purchasing and adobe gets my $50 a month that could have better been spent on third party filters and add ons rather than sludging through a core architecture transition with months of limited usability.

• Reply 23 of 26
    ^ post.

Hmm, that sucks. I understand why Adobe wants to do the subscription model but it sounds like they completely forgot about 3rd party plugins. Guess you should be 'happy' that you can run 2 versions in unison.
  • Reply 24 of 26
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member

I've no real use for Creative Cloud, but out of interest, can you cancel and reactivate the subscription easily, i.e. on a month-to-month basis if required?

• Reply 25 of 26
    crowley wrote: »
    I've no real use for Creative Cloud, but out of interest, can you cancel and reactivate the subscription easily, i.e. on a month-to-month basis if required?

That is my understanding.
  • Reply 26 of 26
    hmmhmm Posts: 3,405member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Crowley View Post

The lowest rate that you typically see publicized is for a year-long subscription. It is billed monthly though.