Line forms at 5th Ave. Apple Store 6 days ahead of expected iPhone announcement [u]

Comments

• Reply 21 of 76
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,801member
    Um...whoever said the phone will ship the day of the keynote...or even if orders are available. This seems kinda stupid and a waste of time if you ask me.
  • Reply 22 of 76

These people are likely getting paid more than their normal salary for the next 16 days until the phone goes on sale.  On top of that they get to be "popular" for the next two weeks with thousands of tourists taking their pictures and as the time gets closer they'll be interviewed by newspapers, magazines and TV stations.  I can't imagine waiting in line that long, but for the super lazy it seems like an ideal job.

• Reply 23 of 76
    adonissmuadonissmu Posts: 1,776member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GregInPrague View Post

These people are likely getting paid more than their normal salary for the next 16 days until the phone goes on sale.  On top of that they get to be "popular" for the next two weeks with thousands of tourists taking their pictures and as the time gets closer they'll be interviewed by newspapers, magazines and TV stations.  I can't imagine waiting in line that long, but for the super lazy it seems like an ideal job.

Well said. I can pitch a tent for Apple's products in the privacy of my bedroom thank you.

• Reply 24 of 76
    moxommoxom Posts: 326member
    Someone needs to tell them the difference between announcement and release...

They're queuing up for a device that hasn't even been announced and that they won't even get for at least another 10 days.

:rolleyes:
  • Reply 25 of 76
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    pazuzu wrote: »
    This so stopped being cute years ago and not something to be admired and gives everyone a reason to mock Apple fans.

Passion is not something to be admired?

They ain't doing you no harm. Let them live their life however they want to.
  • Reply 26 of 76

Ah come on, it's just fun.  I don't have that kind of time anymore, and preorders and all, but a few years ago it was fun seeing people in line at 3AM.

• Reply 27 of 76
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jamesmcd View Post

Good god people. I'll just walk into the store the day it's released and buy one thanks.

Get into the spirit of things! It's like getting dressed up and going to Comic-Con!

• Reply 28 of 76
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pazuzu View Post

This so stopped being cute years ago and not something to be admired and gives everyone a reason to mock Apple fans. This only made sense when you couldn't buy online.

So you’re saying Samsung or LG would be embarrassed to have customers like this? After all, you are one of the asshat, scum sucking trolls who slime their way around AI. It would appear you are also obsessed by Apple, just in a different way. 

• Reply 29 of 76
    Or they could wait till annocement then be on the but online list
  • Reply 30 of 76
    Hope they're not waiting on an iWatch
  • Reply 31 of 76

It's a tradition...for losers who have no life.  I'm planning on getting one to replace my 4S, but I'm fine getting mine a few days or weeks after the rollout.  Rumor has it the ones purchased in week two will be pretty much just like those purchased by those who have a week to kill sitting outside an Apple store.

Passion is great, when it's directed at something meaningful.  This isn't passion; it's silliness.

• Reply 32 of 76
    This so stopped being cute years ago and not something to be admired and gives everyone a reason to mock Apple fans. This only made sense when you couldn't buy online.

They're not lining up to impress you.
  • Reply 33 of 76
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    I'd say they'll be waiting a couple of weeks past the announcement, my guess based on a Friday launch is the 19th.
  • Reply 34 of 76
    Meanwhile across town, the line at the Samsung store has formed as customers return their Galaxy handset in advance of Sept 9.
  • Reply 35 of 76
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member
    I am so going to line up ... um .... somewhere, for the next OSX iteration release. Software is where it's at.
  • Reply 36 of 76
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

So go line up for a Note 4, which was just announced...

...oh, hang on Samsung didn't give a release date.
  • Reply 37 of 76
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana_Dik View Post

It's a tradition...for losers who have no life. 

Who the hell are you to call people waiting in line to buy an iPhone for losers?

I personally wouldn't wait in line again, but I have done it once before, when I was waiting in line to get an iPad 2 a few years ago, when the demand for it was ridiculous. It took me a few attempts, but I eventually got what I wanted, so I was happy, and I didn't regret doing it.

It's not like you're standing around for hours and hours doing nothing. You're waiting in line with like minded people and Apple fans, and you're just chilling and having a good time. You get to talking with the people who are standing near you, and you get to know a whole bunch of people after a while.

Losers who have no life, are the Fandroid losers. Nobody in their right mind would ever bother to line up for such crap, because there is no need to!

Apple makes the best and hottest tech devices on the planet and they also have many devoted followers who are willing to be first to get their paws on these devices when they're released. Any other company on the planet can only dream about having such customers.

I think that many people who mock these people are just jealous. How do you know that they have no life? They obviously have money since they're waiting to buy Apple devices, and maybe some are self employed or maybe others just got time off from work. It's their time and that's how they choose to spend it.

I'd rather be standing in line outside an Apple store just chillin', waiting to buy the hottest new Apple gadget instead of working at some crappy 9-5 job.

• Reply 38 of 76
    #FWP Gotta love them First World Problems.
  • Reply 39 of 76
    Good lu
    jamesmcd wrote: »
    Good god people. I'll just walk into the store the day it's released and buy one thanks.
    Good luck with that ????
  • Reply 40 of 76
    Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Sales start Friday, Sept 12, so I have to admire their stamina.

19th, I’d think. Apple will need more time than that.