Apple to hold live stream of Sept. 9 event, begins countdown on website

Comments

• Reply 21 of 46

Any other tech people on this site the wrong side of 50 that feel like 7 year olds the week before your 8th Birthday?

• Reply 22 of 46
    On a different subject, AppleInsider's continued use of the phrase "fondle new products" is a little creepy.

... But probably accurate :-)
  • Reply 23 of 46
    Originally Posted by Right_said_fred View Post

Any other tech people on this site the wrong side of 50 that feel like 7 year olds the week before your 8th Birthday?

Does it count if I’m excited about the new iPhone but feel in general that I’m on the other side of 50? I have the hair for it, at least.

• Reply 24 of 46
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

"follow every moment" 

If we are talking about iWatch as a wrist worn tracker, I can follow every moment with HealthKit. If iWatch is a new AppleTV I can follow every moment when iWatch. I am so confused....

Will iWatch the event and follow every moment? Absolutely!

• Reply 25 of 46
    Quote:

Originally Posted by LighteningKid View Post

They still edit it later. When Anki was shown at WWDC, the live stream showed the manager on stage had multiple issues with communications between the iPhone and the toy car. In the downloaded "podcast" version, that sequence is much shortened and it looks like just a few seconds of fussing before the device works. I remember being surprised at how long that guy took to get it to work - I completely understand that little glitches like that happen, especially with a brand new product, but it's just so rare to see at an Apple keynote.

On a different subject, AppleInsider's continued use of the phrase "fondle new products" is a little creepy.

LMFAO!!  "fondle new products"  Too funny!!

• Reply 26 of 46
    The last time they had all black Apple logo and background when they announced the iPhone. This is all white. Looks like something significant.
  • Reply 27 of 46
    andysol wrote: »
    Apple is making a bigger deal about this than any even in the recent past I can remember.

This is gonna be huge.

Yeah, seems like a really big build-up. I'm hoping for a breakthrough in alternative energy technology, or something comparably significant. Maybe they're just going to buy Tesla and put all of their resources behind it to make it more practical for the average consumer. Any other far-flung fantasies out there?
  • Reply 28 of 46
    Definitely sounds like an iWatch announcement. "Wish we could say more." Like a ..."One More Thing"

And the countdown? Time. Apple doesn't do countdowns. Why now?
  • Reply 29 of 46
    malaxmalax Posts: 1,598member

I'm surprised no one has called about the very strong wording on the page.  "Live video from our special event will be right here.  And so will a whole lot more."

This flat out promises that Apple.com will be serving up more than just video from the event.  So not only will we be wowed by the products being rolled out, but apparently the ways it's presented on Apple.com will also be remarkable.  (And hype worthy.)

Either the folks at Apple have gone insane, or Tuesday will be special.

(And I can't resist saying... maybe the 'whole lot more' that will be on Apple.com are nude celebrity photos direct from iCloud!)

• Reply 30 of 46
    malaxmalax Posts: 1,598member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Retrogusto View Post

Yeah, seems like a really big build-up. I'm hoping for a breakthrough in alternative energy technology, or something comparably significant. Maybe they're just going to buy Tesla and put all of their resources behind it to make it more practical for the average consumer. Any other far-flung fantasies out there?

Coming on March 28th... the special 10th anniversary edition of the Apple Hi Fi!  http://www.amazon.com/Apple-Hi-Fi-Stereo-Discontinued-Manufacturer/dp/B000BKBYY0/

• Reply 31 of 46
    bigpicsbigpics Posts: 1,397member

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirLance99 View Post

Good. This is how it should always be done. Allow anyone using anything to watch it.

A very "Cookian" move (and a welcome one by me) as his style's being added to the corp's ongoing DNA....

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TeaEarleGreyHot View Post

I can't recall so much hoopla over an introduction since Dean Kamen introduced the Segway.

Well, maybe.... but IT wasn't real.

http://southpark.cc.com/full-episodes/s05e11-the-entity

Ha, I remember that bit of super over hype as well....  ...at least Woz liked (likes?) his....

...and about 20 years earlier, the NY Times going gaga over the development of diamond film - that was going to replace many states of other industrial arts from integrated circuits to (still uninvented) smart phone screens...  ...so where are our diamond screen phones while we're still anticipating less ultimate sapphire ones...??

Anyway, I 'spect more to come out of 9/9's doin's in the short term than either of those bits of journalistic hyperbole.

• Reply 32 of 46
    They still edit it later. When Anki was shown at WWDC, the live stream showed the manager on stage had multiple issues with communications between the iPhone and the toy car. In the downloaded "podcast" version, that sequence is much shortened and it looks like just a few seconds of fussing before the device works. I remember being surprised at how long that guy took to get it to work - I completely understand that little glitches like that happen, especially with a brand new product, but it's just so rare to see at an Apple keynote.

Pretty sure that was last years WWDC, but I did watch threw the event and remember the total difference.
    flaneur wrote: »
    Aha, that explains the memory I have of that little car snafu. So that event was streamed live. I just read about the editing the other day. Memory serves after all, however pale and wan.

So are these events always live streamed?
    Most of them, at least everyone for last 2-3 years. Usually they announce day of not 5 days ahead, as well they do limit it to certain devices on the few years ago ones.
  • Reply 33 of 46
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,745member
    I've got to get from Maine back to Florida in the next few days! Tell a Apple to wait if I'm delayed will ya?
  • Reply 34 of 46
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    I've got to get from Maine back to Florida in the next few days! Tell a Apple to wait if I'm delayed will ya?

Tim Cook says, "No problem."
  • Reply 35 of 46
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Tim Cook says, "No problem."

Ooh, but Dalrymple says, “Nope.”

• Reply 36 of 46
    tenlytenly Posts: 710member
    flaneur wrote:
    So are these events always live streamed?
    Most of them, at least everyone for last 2-3 years.

That's not true at all! This is the first time this event has been live streamed (at least for the last 5 years). Apple has live streamed many of their other events - but not this one - at least not for the last 5 years. I know because I've eagerly followed every new phone announcement since the 3GS and each year I've had to tune in to one of many live BLOGs because there was no live STREAM!

I'm looking forward to Tuesdays event more than I look forward to Christmas or my Birthday! So excited!!!
  • Reply 37 of 46

Couldn't agree more with your last point. Maybe it's just me, but I've never heard it used in a context not creepy-related.
  • Reply 38 of 46

I expect this will be available on the Apple TV as well. I just can't wait to watch this one.

WWDC 2014 was a blockbuster.  This is the yin to WWDC's yang. The features they couldn't demo at WWDC will finally be unveiled!

• Reply 39 of 46
    Wait! Isn't the earth going to be hit with a solar plasma flare that day??
  • Reply 40 of 46
    Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post

Wait! Isn't the earth going to be hit with a solar plasma flare that day??

Oh, is that when they’re predicting? M class or X class?

I’d actually prefer to have the grid wiped out for a few weeks. It would force our government to get off their hinders and pass legislation that would create hundreds of thousands of jobs in the fields of electronics and construction. We’d finally BURY our electric lines where they belong, making our cities more beautiful and safe from this sort of thing.

I’m not really one for jobs created by a government specifically for a time of crisis, but this is sort of important.