Rumor: Apple's 'iPhone 6' event may feature U2 tie-in

Comments

• Reply 41 of 64
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

As was the '80s and '90s. The last great music stopped circa 1978.

90s alternative would beg to differ.

• Reply 42 of 64
    If you want to check out a really cool modern instrumental group which has real musicians, try looking up the group The Budos Band. Amazing stuff (warning: jazz and funk influences).
  • Reply 43 of 64
    Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

I would say misguided talent.

This is “misguided”? If by ‘misguided’ you mean ‘got lost on the way to a sanitarium for a solid six months of electroshock therapy’, I agree with you.

I’d call this video NSFW, but it isn’t. Humanity itself is threatened by the very existence of this video. It’s not safe for sapience.

In fact, don’t watch it. Particularly at 3:05.

• Reply 44 of 64
    This is “misguided”? If by ‘misguided’ you mean ‘got lost on the way to a sanitarium for a solid six months of electroshock therapy’, I agree with you.

You chose the least talented 'artist' (I use that term extremely lightly). I think Katy Perry, Pink and Lady Gaga could've written much better music had they been born in a different era.
  • Reply 45 of 64
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    You chose the least talented 'artist' (I use that term extremely lightly). I think Katy Perry, Pink and Lady Gaga could've written much better music had they been born in a different era.

Minaj is hella talented.
  • Reply 46 of 64
    solipsismx wrote: »
    Minaj is hella talented.

... at shaking her ass
  • Reply 47 of 64
    andysol wrote: »
    ... at shaking her ass

Yes, but as well as her rapping, singing and song writing talents.
  • Reply 48 of 64
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PScooter63 View Post

Hopefully, not to sing "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For."

Maybe U2 will perform a new version at the Apple Event:

"I've Found What I Was Looking For!"

Introducing the iTime, Apple's revolutionary smart watch. Now you need never lose your iPhone again! Just pair it with your iTime and it will bleep when you lose it.

• Reply 49 of 64
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

See? Where would Apple be without Jimmy Iovine? /s

Having a cow.

• Reply 50 of 64
    Quote:

Originally Posted by gwmac View Post

U2 are so 1980's [sic] and 90's [sic]. I would much rather see someone more relevant from this decade. 

Hey, don't go treading on the 80s' toes. 

That was the golden age of music, U2 excepted.

Relevance can go take an ice bucket challenge.

• Reply 51 of 64
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Nah.

Just because somebody uses an iPad to make music with, doesn't necessarily mean that the music is good.

I saw that commercial, and it was ok, but I can't exactly say that I remember the song. 

They're not very good, TBH. But the speculation about the building being a stage is very likely, IMO. In fact, since the 30 days of iTunes music festival is going on right now, would the event ending at noon PST allow for a big act like U2 to live stream afterward and fit into the current schedule?

Ha! that might help my outlier bet for our competition. ????

• Reply 52 of 64
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

... at shaking her ass

Yes, but as well as her rapping, singing and song writing talents.

Sure, if you equate garbage with talent.

• Reply 53 of 64

Ya know, one doesn't have to like the music one makes to realize they have a talent for making it.
  • Reply 54 of 64

Ya know, one doesn't have to like the music one makes to realize they have a talent for making it.

A talent for making garbage, yes.

We seem to be going round in circles...
  • Reply 55 of 64
    A talent for making garbage, yes.

We seem to be going round in circles...

So if one has a talent but uses that talent in ways you don't care you then deem that their talent doesn't exist? :no:
  • Reply 56 of 64
    So if one has a talent but uses that talent in ways you don't care you then deem that their talent doesn't exist? :no:

Rapping- sure. Although not as good as lil Kim in most cases

Singing? Please... She ain't Lauren hill. She's average (compared to other singers) at best.

Song writing? Meh- again.

You know how you can judge truly superior talent? They don't have to twerk trick it up.
  • Reply 57 of 64
    andysol wrote: »
    They don't have to twerk trick it up.

Have you seen Lil Kim and Lauren Hill get dolled up? I have. In fact, Lil Kim seems to be trying to look like LeToya Jackson with all the plastic surgery.

BTW, I think is much more talented than Kim at rapping.
  • Reply 58 of 64
    Have you seen Lil Kim and Lauren Hill get dolled up? I have. In fact, Lil Kim seems to be trying to look like LeToya Jackson with all the plastic surgery.

Lauryn Hill is quite attractive, much more than Lil Kim has ever been.
  • Reply 59 of 64
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    Lauryn Hill is quite attractive, much more than Lil Kim has ever been.

I agree, but that's about what we subjectively find attractive, but Andysol's comment was commenting on an appearance that would help sell more records… which they all compete in. For example, Lady Gaga goes over the top but she has a fantastic voice. Her gimmick doesn't take away from her voice, even if I don't care for her style of music too much.
  • Reply 60 of 64
    Quote:

This is probably both of their best performances IMO- so tell me which is better in your opinion:

3:40-5:00

2:45-3:30

Quote:

I agree, but that's about what we subjectively find attractive, but Andysol's comment was commenting on an appearance that would help sell more records… which they all compete in. For example, Lady Gaga goes over the top but she has a fantastic voice. Her gimmick doesn't take away from her voice, even if I don't care for her style of music too much.

Lady Gaga has to trick it up because her voice isn't "fantastic".  Is her voice as good as Adele's?  Who, by the way, doesn't trick it up?

Please stop throwing around words like "fantastic" and "hella talented" when they simply aren't.  Save those for the ones who are truly fantastic, otherwise, what do we call those like Adele?  Really fantastic?