Apple employees 'have set low expectations' for 'iWatch' battery life - report

Comments

• Reply 41 of 78
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    josha wrote: »
    How can these devices be called watches,
    if they would lose the time so soon when the battery dies ?

You mean like all digital watches since the 70s?
  • Reply 42 of 78
    eightzero wrote: »
    I predict that Tim Cook will walk out on stage to start the event on 9.9.14 wearing a long sleeve shirt. With his wrists covered.

You can't have 9.9.14¡ It would be 10.0.4¡ Don't you know math?¡
  • Reply 43 of 78
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JoshA View Post

How can these devices be called watches,

if they would lose the time so soon when the battery dies ?

When the main battery's out, the watch will use solar cell on the band or even better the heat from the body to power the watch to tell time only....LOL. That's perpetual power...

• Reply 44 of 78
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

Total and utter BS.

We should fight back.

Everyone tweet your her at @Jessicalessin

make here pay for here BS FUD. 

And risk getting investigated for criminal harassment? I don't think so.

• Reply 45 of 78
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

According to 9to5Mac's 3rd hand sources, "iWatch" will have a square display, battery life of less than 24 hours and look techie good but not fashion-y. http://tinyurl.com/oogyo98

I get the feeling someone is trolling people hard because none of that sounds like something that would worry Switzerland.

As I'm rarely awake for 24 straight hours for myself anyway that would allow a nice recharging opportunity at night when I take off my watch anyway. Similar in fact to my iPhone's recharging.

Agreed the "Worry Switzerland" seems over the top on someone's part.

• Reply 46 of 78
    Quote:

Originally Posted by malax View Post

That's not a limitation of iOS, that's an implementation decision that Apple made for iPhones and iPads.

I don't even know.. WTF? Are you just trolling?

• Reply 47 of 78
    Wait a minute! Who wrote this misleading article...
    Show me a current Apple employee talking about this and I'll show you an Apple employee out of a job.
    Battery life? I bought my G-Shock two years ago this past July and I have never changed the battery.
  • Reply 48 of 78
    Originally Posted by Lord Amhran View Post

And risk getting investigated for criminal harassment? I don't think so.

Keeping the media from lying is “criminal harassment”? Nope.

• Reply 49 of 78
    eightzeroeightzero Posts: 3,069member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

You can't have 9.9.14¡ It would be 10.0.4¡ Don't you know math?¡

I don't get it. What?

• Reply 50 of 78
    paul94544paul94544 Posts: 1,027member
    hey genius Jessica , what the frack do you think Apple has been doing so long in bringing this iWatch to the market? oh duh , perhaps because they have been hard at working solving the battery issue, oh duh didn't think of that did you Jessica! Why don't you actually knock your two brain cells together and think? Oh too hard for you Jessica?
  • Reply 51 of 78
    Maybe this is a controlled leak in order to set low expectations and over deliver? I would say apple need 5-7 days battery time to to disappoint. I wish those e-ink displays found on ebook readers were better, they would be great.
  • Reply 52 of 78
    I don't get it. What?

Just some old argument on this forum where some were claiming you can't use the number 10 or higher when it's after a period, even if that period is not a decimal point.
  • Reply 53 of 78
    Appleinsider and 9 to 5 Mac are the 2 top anti-Apple propaganda sites on the Tech internet.
  • Reply 54 of 78
    solipsismx wrote: »
    I don't get it. What?

Just some old argument on this forum where some were claiming you can't use the number 10 or higher when it's after a period, even if that period is not a decimal point.

What's so idiotic about this argument is that I know damn well most of these yobbos were running OS X 10.4.11 for some time. But there can't possibly be an OS X 10.10!
  • Reply 55 of 78
    At the moment my Gear 2 lasts 4-5 days before needing a recharge with active use (Sammy underquote it). Hopefully Apple's device will be around that as it's perfectly acceptable given the phone needs to be recharged every night.
  • Reply 56 of 78
    richlrichl Posts: 2,213member
    Quote:

Total and utter BS.

We should fight back.

Please don't encourage others to harass people on the Internet.

• Reply 57 of 78
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Quote:

Total and utter BS.

We should fight back.

FUD that will be definitively proven or disproven within a week with no lasting damage to anything meaningful is hardly FUD at all.

Inciting harassment just because you disagree with an article (based on zero evidence either way) is way more deserving of blow back.  Really low.

• Reply 58 of 78
    matrix07matrix07 Posts: 1,993member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DimMok View Post

I wouldn't say Major Flaw….HBO GO App on the iPhone can stream with iPhone screen turned off…yet some others require the iPhone screen to be on like you say.

Although I guess you can just run HBO Go through Apple TV eliminating the need for Airplay (ing) it.

YouTube too (streaming while the screen is off). I have no idea what he's talking about.

• Reply 59 of 78
    [quote name="AppleInsider" url="/t/182118/apple-employees-have-set-low-expectations-for-iwatch-battery-life-report#post_2590299"]

So has everyone else! With this type of crap article I'm guessing A.I doesn't get any prerelease items to check out a few weeks before the device hits, like other journalists do.

Apparently no filter between the "other sites" and this article, or between the brain of this site and the mouth of this site.
  • Reply 60 of 78
    tbelltbell Posts: 3,146member
    What has impressed me so far is the lack of "iWatch" part leaks. I'm going to assume it hasn't reached manufacturing, because Foxconn and/or Apple's suppliers can't seem to keep any of their clients' secrets--at least when that client is Apple, Inc.

IOW, I will be surprised if Apple unveils it Sept 9.

Perhaps, like with the complete surprising Mac Pro, it will be built in the US. Secrets leak out of the US far less than China.