Exclusive aerial footage of Apple's mysterious white box next to 'iPhone 6' event site

Comments

• Reply 81 of 104
    Out of curiosity, where did you get the music? The regionally-popular Pittsburgh Dad web series uses it for its theme song.
  • Reply 82 of 104
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Quiet_Desperation View Post

Holy moly, the Android geekbots are in full "Android invented every possible concept in the known universe from the dawn of time until the end of time" overdrive mode on every Apple article. The Asperger-rage and shaking of tiny, impotent fists has reached nearly whelming levels (when viewed through a magnifying glass).

I usually just link to an article where the Android team admits that when the first iPhone came out they scrapped the glorified feature phone they *were* working on and copied Apple.

It's really sad what the geekverse has become. It used to love good tech no matter who made it. Now it clings to things like memory cards and USB connectors and misogyny.

^this^.

Good post.

• Reply 83 of 104
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Sporlo View Post

Turn off the YouTube5 extension temporarily.

Thanks; that worked for me to allow me to view the video embedded in the article.

David

• Reply 84 of 104
    It could be the location for Apple's iHome demos: HomeKit, AppleTV, etc and their integration for Smart Homes!!!
  • Reply 85 of 104
    This could be the location for iHome demos!
    HomeKit, Apple TV etc. and their integration for really Smart Homes!!!
  • Reply 87 of 104
    dasanman69 wrote: »

If true, well, that's it then. Expect the stock to rocket back up soon. ????
  • Reply 88 of 104
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member

Now I know what the big structure is for, Anna Wintour, and her ego. ????
  • Reply 89 of 104

Now I know what the big structure is for, Anna Wintour, and her ego. ????

Maybe it's for a new line of ARM Macs. Or an iCar.
  • Reply 90 of 104
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Maybe it's for a new line of ARM Macs. Or an iCar.

Based on the news of event invitations of those in the fashion industry I think the idea of a fashion show makes sense.
  • Reply 91 of 104
    solipsismx wrote: »
    Based on the news of event invitations of those in the fashion industry I think the idea of a fashion show makes sense.

It's the iCollection for Fall 2014. Work that runway, girls! (In the voice of Robin Williams' character from 'Birdcage')

• Reply 92 of 104
    It's the iCollection for Fall 2014. Work that runway, girls! (In the voice of Robin Williams' character from 'Birdcage')

That makes me think of the various fashion weeks held around the world. I wonder if Apple is planning to get the "iWatch" at these events for a Spring release. There are many different avenues to explore but getting the fashion industry on-board is the way to take a smart wearable from geek to chic.

My guess is come Tuesday Motorola will be doing a 180 with their 360.
  • Reply 93 of 104
    Ooo, It's a nightclub for the fashionistas.
  • Reply 94 of 104

At 10:00 AM?
  • Reply 95 of 104

I'm actually picturing an actual catwalk with models walking their wearables in various attire and/or models standing on some sort of pedestal all over so that the attendees can walk around them like an art exhibit. The former would be more traditional but the latter might be more realistic when you want nearly 3,000 sets of eyeballs to see every option available and you don't have enough room to let everyone in at once. So, if the former, then you probably would have a "bouncer"-like person letting in only so many people at once until they are told by someone at the exit that x-number of people have just left.
  • Reply 96 of 104
    At 10:00 AM?

They'll still be partying from the night before. It's amazing how much energy 'diet pills' can give you. ????
  • Reply 97 of 104
    They'll still be partying from the night before. It's amazing how much energy 'diet pills' can give you. ????

LOL
  • Reply 98 of 104
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    I'm actually picturing an actual catwalk with models walking their wearables in various attire and/or models standing on some sort of pedestal all over so that the attendees can walk around them like an art exhibit.

That sounds very plausible. They got Ahrendts and Musa Tariq from Burberry, the building is shaped long and thin so a catwalk would fit in well and would look like a stage when being constructed. They obviously had dealings with Burberry with the Burberry fashion show and the iPhone 5s. I'm not seeing what wearable technology fits with a fashion show though from the point of view that the focus wouldn't be the fashion show, it would be the wearable. At least Jony can shake up his video presentations and do something more along the lines of this:

[VIDEO]

"I'm a model, you know what I mean and I do my little turn on the catwalk, yeah on the catwalk, I shake my little tush on the catwalk."

A fashion show could be used to show how a single watch design works with multiple outfits but it would look a bit silly if the models stopped at the end of the runway and tapped their wrists to draw attention to the watch.
  • Reply 99 of 104
    I'm actually picturing an actual catwalk with models walking their wearables in various attire and/or models standing on some sort of pedestal all over so that the attendees can walk around them like an art exhibit. The former would be more traditional but the latter might be more realistic when you want nearly 3,000 sets of eyeballs to see every option available and you don't have enough room to let everyone in at once. So, if the former, then you probably would have a "bouncer"-like person letting in only so many people at once until they are told by someone at the exit that x-number of people have just left.

Hmmm. I can see models on pedestals to show off several varieties of the watch. I can also see that maybe they can't get everyone in there close enough to see the watch, so I can see they would have the bouncer guy letting in a group at a time for viewing. So... No catwalk then?

The models won't take up very much room.

So...what is all that that room for then? Not a fashion show exactly. Unless Apple has a boatload of wearable items.

I'm voting for retail store mockup WITH fashion, Home Kit, Health Kit, completely new Mac lineup, phones, watch, and the smaller end boxes of the building are inventory areas where they store stuff for sale.

That's my entry in Keynote Bingo! I crowd sourced that from all of you lol.
  • Reply 100 of 104
    Marvin wrote: »
    A fashion show could be used to show how a single watch design works with multiple outfits but it would look a bit silly if the models stopped at the end of the runway and tapped their wrists to draw attention to the watch.

1) I'd think the main event in the auditorium would be for the mechanics of te device and then a fashion event in the temp building to showcase how it looks as part of your apparel. I agree that models fiddling with it would detract from I think they are trying to do, assuming any of this info is correct.

2) with fashion being such an immense industry do you think it's possible Apple will make a base system with sensors and a display that could be fitted in innumerable models by various watchmakers and fashion companies via some sort of licensing program? I don't think that's try likely but this is all very unusual for Apple anyway.