First look: Metawatch's iPhone-connected Meta M1 smartwatch

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 31
    Originally Posted by alcstarheel View Post

Do we have a barf emoticon? That's pretty horrid looking to me.

???? That might work.

• Reply 22 of 31

Mother of God, that is so fucking ugly!  Who would wear such a monstrosity on their wrist?  

• Reply 23 of 31
    ???? That might work.
    Looks like a ????????

;)
  • Reply 24 of 31
    Originally Posted by alcstarheel View Post

Looks like a ????????

Thanks, Kirsten. I love your boobies movies.

• Reply 25 of 31
    I'm hoping LVM can write a preview of the Coby 4GB MP3 player next.
  • Reply 26 of 31
    I wear a Daytona, or sometimes a Submariner. I would *love* a smart watch that's even half as well-designed and elegant. This is not even close.
  • Reply 27 of 31
    Just what I wanted, email that looks/works exactly like my ancient (and dead) motorola V710...
  • Reply 28 of 31
    calicali Posts: 3,494member

I don't see how all these iPhone-compatible watches would be good news for Apple.

If Apple reveals an iWatch I want it to be the only one. I don't want Apple to be the next Android.

On second thought maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea if Apple was the next Apple AND Android. It could be rather strategic to have Apple +other manufacturers on their side swallowing marketshare. Would definitely drive more people to iPhone. They could take it a step further and contract exclusive deals for dozens of manufacturers and completely shove Google/Microsoft off the cliff.

Smartwatch Marketshare could look something like this:

iWatch                %40

Apple Watches    %50

Android                %5

Tizen                   %4

Microsoft              %1

Apple knows iPhone lost tons of marketshare to Android and with Android Wear in such a mess this could be a good change of events. I can't think of a single manufacturer that would say no to Apple.

• Reply 29 of 31
    bearheart wrote: »
    I wear a Daytona, or sometimes a Submariner. I would *love* a smart watch that's even half as well-designed and elegant. This is not even close.

I love diving! I see you do too. Do take care when wearing that Submariner though, you do not want to scratch it.
  • Reply 30 of 31
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Junkyard Dawg View Post

Mother of God, that is so fucking ugly!  Who would wear such a monstrosity on their wrist?  

LVM, apparently.

• Reply 31 of 31

I don't wear a watch or any body furniture at all, and I'd never have thought that any of the smart watches I've seen so far, including what I have not seen from Apple would ever catch on as a mainstream item because they are all so geeky and not well made as well as ugly stupid and cheap. However forgetting the actual face of this watch and how it works and just concentrating on the industrial design aspect, I think this is absolutely brilliant.

I would imagine that Apple would love a design like this because all it probably needs is good software and OS. It also gives plenty of scope for modular customisation, for example it could be made in stainless steel, silver, gold or titanium or any combination of metals. The articulation points towards the centre of the watch is very clever as it makes it possible to wear a thick watch that hugs the wrist.

Nice body shame about the face.