Vague schematics & details hint at mic, speaker, rectangular design for Apple's 'iWatch'

Comments

• Reply 41 of 65

IF true, these screen shots show the system being used as 'Quanta'. My inner geek wanted to know ... "I got-tsa  know!" (ref 1st dirty harry movie... for the youngsters... bing dirty harry... )

http://www.quantatw.com/Quanta/english/about/company.aspx

They do 3d modeling....

• Reply 42 of 65
    Quote:

Originally Posted by wizard69 View Post

Maybe, actually a good possibility. However people are missing one thing here. Big pictures make zooming in viable. If you want to see detail you can.

Good point but then the correct way to handle it would be to put lower res images in the main article and then links at the bottom to much higher res pics for the people who want to look at it in finer detail. The way it is setup now is bad for everyone esp those of us on mobile.

• Reply 43 of 65
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

So, what you make of this leak then? Not legit? Some have compared it to an iPod nano on the wrist. But that big structure and inviting fashion reporters to the event has thrown me for a loop. You don't need to invite fashion reporters if all you're announcing is an iPod nano on the wrist.

I say take a deep breath and wait till tomorrow. 

• Reply 44 of 65
    Function > form unless its about art/fashion where form is paramount.
  • Reply 45 of 65
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pmz View Post

This is ridiculous. How incompetent are we that we cannot optimize images so that a page can load properly?

I'm running the latest Safari on a fast Mac with 110 Mbps download speed and 9 ms PING.

And this page is still loading. What a joke.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by macxpress View Post

I hear ya...photos on this site take FOREVER to load on this site. I'm on a connection getting a 400mbps download and they still load at least 10-20 seconds after the page loads. 

While I understand your frustration, please understand that there are two connections at play: your connection (which has a high download speed, and is only one connection) and AI's connection (which is more than likely a shared connection with thousands of individual connections all pummeling their server).

That said, some basic optimizations is something they should have done to make sure page loads are as fast as possible.

--- Slight Addendum ---

Ok, after reviewing the images, there is no reason a PNG that is basically 660 x 1000 pixels should ever e used when the displayed version of it is much smaller. They could have optimized the hell out of it, and been a lot more net friendly about the situation.

Still, I think it is still needed to be mentioned that while your download speeds may be awesome, AI's upload speed may not be for the thousands of connections, especially pre-Keynote.

• Reply 46 of 65
    wizard69 wrote: »
    Maybe, actually a good possibility. However people are missing one thing here. Big pictures make zooming in viable. If you want to see detail you can.
    Then AI needs to link to the bigger images or use thumbnails. One of the articles took TWO MINUTES to fully load this morning on my client's 95 Mbps broadband connection.
  • Reply 47 of 65
    The iWatch is obviously a rip-off of whatever Samsung watch looks the most like it. And there's a whole lot a prior art that proves it's not innovative. Google has had something just like it in the lab for years.
  • Reply 48 of 65
    blackbook wrote: »
    Nothing to see here folks...

Oh I didn't know you already saw the final iWatch?

Honestly everyone should wait 24 hours before freaking out (one way or the other).

So the part I said about "if they released a square watch" gave you the idea that I had seen it already huh?

nelsonx wrote: »
    Round screen is stupid and non functional for a computer. I want a wrist computer, not a watch. If I want a watch, I buy a watch. The best wrist computer until now is that Samsung Gear they show the other day. I hope Apple makes a square one. Would you want a round screen for your desktop monitor? http://media.liveauctiongroup.net/i/13256/13427466_1.jpg?v=8CF3C5C70B7A2B0

That's great marketing from apple huh? "This is our iwatch, but you should still go out and buy a regular watch and only use ours when you aren't using that one" (they should trademark this iwatch motto, I won't sue)
  • Reply 49 of 65

¡¡ Leaked !!  Apple's first smart-watch.

• Reply 50 of 65
    Quote:

Originally Posted by OnePotato View Post

The iWatch is obviously a rip-off of whatever Samsung watch looks the most like it. And there's a whole lot a prior art that proves it's not innovative. Google has had something just like it in the lab for years. /s

Obviously! /s (fixed that for you)

• Reply 51 of 65
    pmz wrote: »
    This is ridiculous. How incompetent are we that we cannot optimize images so that a page can load properly?

I'm running the latest Safari on a fast Mac with 110 Mbps download speed and 9 ms PING.

And this page is still loading. What a joke.

Strange... An iPad doesn't seem to have an issue.
  • Reply 52 of 65
    onepotato wrote: »
    The iWatch is obviously a rip-off of whatever Samsung watch looks the most like it. And there's a whole lot a prior art that proves it's not innovative. Google has had something just like it in the lab for years.

Surely you've forgotten your sarcasm tag, since you've neither seen nor used this device and have no idea what it does or what you're actually talking about.
  • Reply 53 of 65
    onepotato wrote: »
    Woz, is that you?
  • Reply 54 of 65
    palegolaspalegolas Posts: 1,361member
    I believe the iWatch might have an "inverted" design. The processing unit will be under the wrist, and the interface will be a thin, flexible OLED wrist band over the wrist. Perhaps even semi transparent.
  • Reply 55 of 65
    radarthekatradarthekat Posts: 3,842moderator
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

So, what you make of this leak then? Not legit? Some have compared it to an iPod nano on the wrist. But that big structure and inviting fashion reporters to the event has thrown me for a loop. You don't need to invite fashion reporters if all you're announcing is an iPod nano on the wrist.

I'm predicting the high end version will have a round face.  The every day wear version could be square.  Though, of course, that would complicate the API.  LOL!   This prediction business is rough!  Rough, I tell ya!

• Reply 56 of 65
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member

According to Wikipedia, Kapton (a word form the second image) is used in flexible printed circuits. So maybe it will be bendy after all?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kapton

• Reply 57 of 65
    Hahaha the first leak we get on the day of the announcement! Looks good but something tells me this is an old prototype, too many photos this time and maybe a bit thick.
  • Reply 58 of 65
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Mozzarella View Post

There are very nice looking square watches...

Interesting looking, but the ability to tell time is completely defeated with all of that extraneous visual clutter... ;)

• Reply 59 of 65
    hentaiboyhentaiboy Posts: 1,252member

"Dad just died and left me his Rolex Submariner 'Bond'"

"Dad just died and left me this shi**y Apple iWatch"

• Reply 60 of 65
    I think the watch might be oval, with the ends of the oval screen wrapping the wrist somewhat. The power button and speaker/ whatever would be on the ends of the oval. This leaves a rectangular or square area for the screen. That's my guess!