ABC News teases report of 'historic' Apple announcement

Comments

• Reply 41 of 237
    jakeb wrote: »
    I have to think that there is something even more than what we've been speculating.
    A big iPhone, a watch, a payments system are all incredibly cool... but historic?

I think they've got another big something that nobody is going to see coming.

I've already revealed it in another thread: an Airport Express in different colours.
  • Reply 42 of 237
    Quote:

Originally Posted by appletweak View Post

Except tomorrow morning before the announcement :-)

Historically it drops after the announcement.

• Reply 43 of 237

The earthquake begins at 3:53:54 AM.  Hang on to your hat folks, it's going to be a wild ride. 

• Reply 44 of 237
    adonissmuadonissmu Posts: 1,776member
    They will stop supporting obj-c effective immediately.
  • Reply 45 of 237
    adonissmuadonissmu Posts: 1,776member
    Apple is destined to disappoint. There is too much Hype.
  • Reply 46 of 237
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bennettvista View Post

The earthquake begins at 3:53:54 AM.  Hang on to your hat folks, it's going to be a wild ride. 

Brought to you by Satan™

• Reply 47 of 237
    eightzeroeightzero Posts: 3,063member

Reporter owns (owned?) how many shares? 

• Reply 48 of 237
    malaxmalax Posts: 1,598member
    Maybe Cook is going to water ski over a live shark.
  • Reply 49 of 237
    Still cannot see a wearable being "ground breaking" unless it is wired to your brain.
  • Reply 50 of 237
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by eightzero View Post

Reporter owns (owned?) how many shares? 

Apple stock owned by Laurene Powell Jobs, Laurene Powell Jobs owns largest chunk of Disney shares (130-140 million shares), Disney owns ABC, ABC promotes Apple announcement, Apple digs it.

• Reply 51 of 237
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dmarcoot View Post

Still cannot see a wearable being "ground breaking" unless it is wired to your brain.

Could be the "historic" announcement has more to do with their digital cash integration.

• Reply 52 of 237
    sporlosporlo Posts: 143member
    This is going to be awful.
  • Reply 53 of 237
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Sporlo View Post

This is going to be awfully great!

Fixed.

• Reply 54 of 237

When they say "Historic" it makes me believe that the media for the announcement is historic and not necessarily the product being announced.

• Reply 55 of 237
    Originally Posted by Sporlo View Post

This is going to be awful.

“Historic” pits it against the introduction of the Macintosh, iMac, and iPhone.

And there is absolutely no way it could so much as match any of them.

• Reply 56 of 237
    I am waiting for the irobot. Just a matter of time.
  • Reply 57 of 237

Some over-the-top ideas:

- The iWatch can measure blood glucose for diabetics WITHOUT requiring a skin prick. This would be absolutely HUGE.

- Apple buys Intel. Apple starts selling their A-Series processors to other manufacturers to take on Samsung and Qualcomm.

- Apple TV is ready and is 100% a-la-carte (no channels or packages, just watch what you want when you want).

- Nintendo finally decides to bring their franchise games over to iOS. Exclusively.

• Reply 58 of 237
    kkerstkkerst Posts: 330member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Could be the "historic" announcement has more to do with their digital cash integration.

Exactly what I was thinking. Does anyone actually own Bitcoin? Little fuzzy on that. 

• Reply 59 of 237
    boredumbboredumb Posts: 1,418member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

That's just it, ABC already knows what this announcement will be and they are confident enough to call it "historic". Something big this way comes.

Well, as of when did a network need to be confident of delivering, or actually end up delivering,

anything particularly earth-shaking to use those terms to drum up viewers?

I do think it's an interesting attempt to make themselves more accessible to otherwise non-alert folks,

and I hope it doesn't backfire on Apple, if the announcements are "merely" incredibly cool,

instead of the best freakin' mousetrap ever in the whole universe in all of history...

• Reply 60 of 237

16 2/3 hours to go....