iPhone 6 colours

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited September 2014

As a longtime Mac user and an iPhone user since the first iteration I do hope the new 6 maintains Apple's move to colours. I've kept my 5 and not upgraded as I was neither out of contract nor felt compelled to upgrade. However, I kept casting covetous eyes at the gorgeous cyan of the earlier Lumias, which Nokia has inexplicably dropped. If I had upgraded then that colour, that sense of brightening up my pocket, my hand, my day would have made the difference. I'm slightly disappointed that it seems the 6 will only come in the business, executive colours when I think there are others like me who are creatives or non-execs who are due an upgrade and would rather not have something that looked so corporate. I'd welcome the choice.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4

Doubt it. Three colors, and if you want more grab a case.

• Reply 2 of 4

I think such a thing would be a shame. There are plenty of people who want a high-end phone but that doesn't make you look like a corporate monkey. I'd have hoped the colours would continue to be part of the range, even if it were on the 4.7" only say. By potentially only keeping it on the 5c it makes it look either like an error of judgement in the first place or as though colour and c equates to cheap.

• Reply 3 of 4
    Originally Posted by mpw_amherst View Post

I think such a thing would be a shame. There are plenty of people who want a high-end phone but that doesn't make you look like a corporate monkey.

Which the iPhone does just fine. Corporate monkeys have plastic BlackBerries. Metal is class.

• Reply 4 of 4
    Well it's all a subjective matter of taste but I'd say that black, white and bling-gold maybe classy but don't have much personality and are rather muted, professional tones. The colour was a nice touch and seems to be gaining in popularity on other makers handsets. Seems a shame that it should be dropping down the pecking order so soon rather a continuing dynamic towards the top of the range.