ABC News teases report of 'historic' Apple announcement

Comments

• Reply 61 of 237
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    londor wrote: »

That is one of the worst things I've ever seen in imagined tech of the 21st century.
  • Reply 62 of 237
    ABC is owned by Disney... Laurene Powell Jobs (Steve's wife) is now a major stockholder in Disney... Disney has a long, close history with Apple... Apple may have given ABC  "behind-the-scenes" exclusive coverage and interviews which will later follow the announcement...

Good grief, this announcement is starting to sound absolutely massive. Apple has never said anything like "historic" in any of their announcements...

This has to go beyond the iWatch, beyond clothes with tech integration... (eyes bugging out)
    Really? How do you explain Marvel - Shamesung tied relationship than? Believe me everybody is for themselves
    Love Apple, $$$$ Disney
  • Reply 63 of 237
    Originally Posted by EricTheHalfBee View Post

- Apple buys Intel. Apple...

...stops selling their chips to anyone.

- Apple TV is ready and is 100% a-la-carte (no channels or packages, just watch what you want when you want).

Ah, that’d do it on the ‘historic’ part. Television dies tomorrow if that were true.

- Nintendo finally decides to bring their franchise games over to iOS. Exclusively.

Tens of billions for both parties. Splendid.

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

That is one of the worst things I've ever seen in imagined tech of the 21st century.

Watch, it’s the real thing. NO THAT IS NOT A PUN I DID NOT INTEND THAT.

The video having music detracts from the plausibility, but the fake UI tracks perfectly with the camera movement. And TouchID on the device makes a ton of sense.

• Reply 64 of 237
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    jakeb wrote: »
    I have to think that there is something even more than what we've been speculating.
    A big iPhone, a watch, a payments system are all incredibly cool... but historic?

I think they've got another big something that nobody is going to see coming.

Well it could be just those 3 things. I think it will just be those 3 things. Don't expect any other iWearable.

Apple must be very confident on what they have. It's probably what we kinda know already - a device worn on the wrist. ( obviously a watch doesn't really explain it fully). What else do we know? Health kit and homekit.

The thing must have sensors for health. It probably interacts with home appliances.

This isn't very hidden. It's in the iOS 8 SDK.

NOW what it looks like, how it measures health, what it measures exactly, how it interacts with the house. All up for grabs. It must look good. Or they wouldn't be so confident. Bet they have loads of interaction. Loads of manufacturers tapped for appliances. Bet the white building is a smart house.

This is where owning the whole widget really matters.
  • Reply 65 of 237

On stage, Tim will call Siri and she will jump out of his iPhone.....with all her clothes on !!

And Tim will yell, "iCloud is secure....  iCloud us secure...."

That would be historic !!

• Reply 66 of 237
    solipsismx wrote: »

Hmm. Would you be shocked if that were it?
  • Reply 67 of 237
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    I am waiting for the I, Robot. Just a matter of time.

Fixed.
  • Reply 68 of 237
    Apple buys Tesla. Brings Elon to the Board. Gen. III Tesla will be the iCar... Then I woke up.
  • Reply 69 of 237
    Unless this thing can cure cancer or the common cold, or it's surgically implanted, "historic" is a bit overboard.
  • Reply 70 of 237
    Originally Posted by GTR View Post

Fixed.

• Reply 71 of 237
    applegreen wrote: »
    On stage, Tim will call Siri and she will jump out of his iPhone.....with all her clothes on !!

And Tim will yell, "iCloud is secure....  iCloud us secure...."

That would be historic !!

He historically fires the iCloud team. And historically re-introduces the 5S as the new iPhone. "Same as last year, suckers" he says historically. Cook then storms historically off the stage saying "he was done with this bollocks", historically using bad language for the first time for an Apple CEO onstage; and then "Who needs this shit anyway. I'm rich enough. For ****'s sake learn proper passwords. What are we? Miracle workers?"

The historic event then descends into chaos until Shiller comes on and brings order by introducing a new airport express in black and pink.
  • Reply 72 of 237
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Good grief, this announcement is starting to sound absolutely massive. Apple has never said anything like "historic" in any of their announcements...

It'd be funny if it was just a reversible USB Type A connector and a special iPod Touch U2 Edition. ;)

Everyone would be so "disappointed," especially the self-important tech bloggers who think the world of their opinions. If Apple under-delivers, they will never live it down.

• Reply 73 of 237
    I can't say that I am all that thrilled with the hype. (For the record, I am surprised at my own reaction).

I hope, however, that I am totally wrong.
  • Reply 74 of 237

We more or less know new iPhone(s) are on the way and that iWatch or some other wearbale is in development, we know next gen Appletv is in development.  These things alone represent a new world for electronics. I'm hoping we see the iPhones and iWatch released and FINALLY the return of ONE MORE THING...Apple Television controlled not by some stupid ring but right from your watch.  Boom. Minds blown.

In time watch for the Touch ID to be universal to all products including all macbooks, watches, phones & ipads. Won't be long before the lines are blurred with all apple products and you get to choose which device you want to use to call, pay, etc.

Dreamer here but these connections are really no longer future, just a matter of time to tie them all together.

• Reply 75 of 237
    adonissmuadonissmu Posts: 1,776member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

“Historic” pits it against the introduction of the Macintosh, iMac, and iPhone.

And there is absolutely no way it could so much as match any of them.

That is presumptuous without knowing what is being announced. 

• Reply 76 of 237
    It's probably ABC, not Apple who decided on "historic".
  • Reply 77 of 237
    I'm thinking that the building is set up like a house/apartment/office/business.
    It will mimic how one might go throughout their day with the new iPhone and iWatch.
    The uses for these new offerings may really be historic.
  • Reply 78 of 237
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    asdasd wrote: »
    Hmm. Would you be shocked if that were it?

Absolutely! If that's it I will be very weary of Apple going forward.
  • Reply 79 of 237
    adonissmu wrote: »
    That is presumptuous without knowing what is being announced. 

No. His statement is correct whatever is announced. He's probably missing the iPad. But historic would be at that level.
  • Reply 80 of 237
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Could be the "historic" announcement has more to do with their digital cash integration.

I think you're onto something there.