Vague schematics & details hint at mic, speaker, rectangular design for Apple's 'iWatch'

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 65
    palomine wrote: »
    I think the watch might be oval, with the ends of the oval screen wrapping the wrist somewhat. The power button and speaker/ whatever would be on the ends of the oval. This leaves a rectangular or square area for the screen. That's my guess!

I like the idea of oval.
  • Reply 62 of 65
    These pictures make a lot sense because I felt that the iWatch would feature design clues from the iPhone 6. Round edges, tapered screen (sapphire) and a metal body. Plus a simple way to connect and change a variety of bands for fashion needs.

It doesn't look like my style though. Bulky and if valid it won't feature a flexible display. I was hoping for something bolder, a more streamlined and thinner design.

Guess I will buy it anyway. Apple is trying to open four more markets: wearables, health/fitness, home automation an mobile payment - exciting enough for me.
  • Reply 63 of 65
    leighrleighr Posts: 254member
    The iWatch won't be round. It will be a tapered square, available in 2 sizes , but the same shape. It will be the software that sets it apart, and the wrist band / changing mechanism which will set it apart. Having a changeable wristbands is the kicker. It's easy to change the watch face through software, but having a range of quality changeable bands in different colours and finishes makes it fashionable, and opens up to third party manufacturers.
  • Reply 64 of 65
    Quote:

Originally Posted by palegolas View Post

I believe the iWatch might have an "inverted" design. The processing unit will be under the wrist, and the interface will be a thin, flexible OLED wrist band over the wrist. Perhaps even semi transparent.

Interesting idea.  This might also work as a bracelet style device, ala Fuelband which Tim Cook seems to like an awful lot...

• Reply 65 of 65

That leak ended up being totally legit.