Apple Watch revealed: A wrist-worn, personalized communications & fitness device with 'digital crown

Comments

• Reply 41 of 267
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member

looks better than i was expecting

• Reply 42 of 267

It works from the iPhone 5 on. That's sweet.

$349. More than the initial iPad Mini was. Time to take out some loans.

• Reply 43 of 267
    At 5 grand I want someone to come and put it on my wrist every morning.

Sorry... I should have been more clear. That's including a bespoke band. The watch itself: I'll go with 300-600, depending on customization.
  • Reply 44 of 267

Ah, $349.

• Reply 45 of 267

Honestly, it does more than I need.  At the $349 price, I don't know if I'll get one.  I wish they'd come up with a health only one...

• Reply 46 of 267

That is incredibly narrow thinking.  This watch is going to launch a wearable IT revolution.

• Reply 47 of 267
    Looks much better than the Martin Hajek concept.
  • Reply 48 of 267
    Oh look at that: good guess TS and I wasn't far behind :)
  • Reply 49 of 267
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    Hmm...no word on battery life or connectivity. My guess is battery life isn't great.
  • Reply 50 of 267

I want to see a clip of Monkeyboy's reaction to the Apple Watch.

• Reply 51 of 267
    Honestly, it does more than I need.  At the $349 price, I don't know if I'll get one.  I wish they'd come up with a health only one...

And throw the advantages of WatchKit and build-out through the years like iOS out? You're nuts!
  • Reply 52 of 267
    I want to see a clip of Monkeyboy's reaction to the Apple Watch.

I said earlier he got out knowing what was around the corner. He's laughing crazily like I said he would.
  • Reply 53 of 267
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BeowulfSchmidt View Post

I always thought the iWatch was really going to be a wristband health tracker. Didn't think it was an actual smartwatch like Scamscum galaxy watch,

• Reply 54 of 267

How is the iWatch better than the Android watches?

• Reply 55 of 267

U2 uggh!

• Reply 56 of 267

i think it is way ahead of expectation.

• Reply 57 of 267
    That's interesting because I was extraordinarily excited by the iPad, so were my friends. I remember looking forward to it for months. Believe it or not, I actually liked the Nike+ wristband, although I never wore one. But if there's something I absolutely hate, it's having something constantly weighing down on my wrist.

I concur. Never have been wearing a watch for 25 years. That's not going to change. It's not a stupid device though. Just useless.
  • Reply 58 of 267

hope bono just sings

• Reply 59 of 267

well i never use a watch but i might get this. 

• Reply 60 of 267
    I always thought the iWatch was really going to be a wristband health tracker. Didn't think it was an actual smartwatch like Scamscum galaxy watch,

If you can't see the difference between this and a Galaxy Gear, you're blind and stupid.