Apple Watch revealed: A wrist-worn, personalized communications & fitness device with 'digital crown

Comments

• Reply 61 of 267

I said *I* don't need all of that functionality.  I didn't say it wasn't a good product.  I'm still on the fence about it.  Fortunately, I have at least three months to decide.  It seems likely that in that time, some of the apps I use on a regular basis will add some form of support for it.  It seems likely that I will eventually decide to get one.  Not yet.

• Reply 62 of 267
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePixelDoc View Post

I said earlier he got out knowing what was around the corner. He's laughing crazily like I said he would.

Rolling in his money. He got bored playing video games so he went out and bought the real thing...

• Reply 63 of 267

delete

• Reply 64 of 267

Now we know the truth

• Reply 65 of 267
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

It was stated in the keynote that ?Watch requires an iPhone (I imagine an iPad, too). That’s going to be a restriction. Not that a standalone wouldn’t have had its own restrictions, but having to own both is going to self-limit the number they can sell.

?Watch can control music on your computer! That’s pretty great. You could be at a house party or whatever and change things up right on your wrist.

Agreed: Something like 200 million or so and that's before a single 6 sells.

The backward compatibility to the 5, 5s, 5c line jumps the numbers.

• Reply 66 of 267
    Is that it? What is the new building for?
  • Reply 67 of 267

This is an unbelievably beautiful product. Damn.

• Reply 68 of 267
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member

my feeling is this will sell on word of mouth. i think they barely demoed 10 percent. someone you know will get it, it will do something amazing and you will be sold, i think it looks like a proper watch.

• Reply 69 of 267
    Quote:

Originally Posted by EauVive View Post

I concur. Never have been wearing a watch for 25 years. That's not going to change. It's not a stupid device though. Just useless.

A label given to me by my Father-in-law many many times...

• Reply 70 of 267
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ThePixelDoc View Post

If you can't see the difference between this and a Galaxy Gear, you're blind and stupid.

They're both smartwatches, like the S5 and iPhone are both smartphones. I didn't think the iWatch was going to be an actual smartwatch.

• Reply 71 of 267
    Quote:

Originally Posted by EauVive View Post

I concur. Never have been wearing a watch for 25 years. That's not going to change. It's not a stupid device though. Just useless.

"useless" for you.

For myself for instance, with lab work where I can't touch anything while I'm working, it's going to be very useful. 

• Reply 72 of 267

...and ya didn't live up to it did ya?

That's a back-handed compliment, not to be repeated if an Apple Watch is on at launch :)
  • Reply 73 of 267
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,095member

What you're hearing is the sound of all the Samsung copy-machines firing up.  

• Reply 74 of 267
    Any word on if the ApplePay built in will work with the 5 series? ApplePay said it was limited to 6 series, but I wonder.

Still, pretty pricey for an accessory.
  • Reply 75 of 267
    Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

This is an unbelievably beautiful product. Damn.

There are some combinations that just pop.

I was dubious, now I'm sold.

• Reply 76 of 267
    That ticks you off? :)
  • Reply 77 of 267
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Pendergast View Post

Any word on if the ApplePay built in will work with the 5 series? ApplePay said it was limited to 6 series, but I wonder.

The 5's don't have a near field transmitter so they won't have a NFC functionality.

Except, "through" (?) an AppleWatch with it's NFC hardware.

• Reply 78 of 267
    Nothing that interests me worth $349.

I would love a simple $19.99 device that only sensed motion (while sleeping or jogging) and vibrated to alarm either to wake up or to signal a phone call. The last would be great in places where a ring creates problems.
  • Reply 79 of 267
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Pendergast View Post

Pricey?

I remember some of the first Seiko digital watches. $250 - $300 was common... and that was over 35 years ago.

• Reply 80 of 267
    They're both smartwatches, like the S5 and iPhone are both smartphones. I didn't think the iWatch was going to be an actual smartwatch.

Funny... because I think it's the smartest smart watch we have seen to date. WatchKit, HealthKit, Pay... all wrapped in some nice looking container, just waiting for the fashion industry to add the personal touch. Believe me... they ARE going to the runway on this.