Apple Watch starts at $349 and launches in early 2015

Comments

• Reply 41 of 108
    i'm not sure it was the delay that tanked the stock as much as the lack of a use case for the watch. it was just ho hum for apple.
  • Reply 42 of 108
    knowitallknowitall Posts: 1,648member
    Time to add a prefix to your handle then maybe? :D

I know, your right.
    Excellent achievement of Apple.
  • Reply 43 of 108
    Originally Posted by Mac-Daddy View Post

No backtracking here

And yet you immediately do it again.

• Reply 44 of 108

Every other 'smart' watch, just got flushed down the toilet. 

This is true innovation, everyone else just shrunk a crap phone and mounted it on your wrist. The software just set Tizen back 10 years.

• Reply 45 of 108
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

And yet you immediately do it again.

Nah, but I've lost interest. Have fun with your watch. 

• Reply 46 of 108
    Originally Posted by Mac-Daddy View Post

Nah, but I've lost interest.

Ah, “I’m leaving, therefore I’m right.” Please learn how to do math. It costs less than the iPhone.

Have fun with your watch. 

Oh, I’m not getting one.

• Reply 47 of 108
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,093member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by airnerd View Post

fair enough, these are just mock ups and they give size options which is better than everyone else.  I'm interested to see if it doesn't require a data plan, others do.

Quote:

Can't wait to pay $350 for something that requires a data plan, is annoyingly large, and does nothing to assuage my fears that the UI will be annoying to work. 

Quote:

... I'm interested to see if it doesn't require a data plan, others do.

Backtracking now?  Your first post said "...that requires a data plan", now you're backtracking?  Like posting BS fabrications and hope someone takes your nonsense as fact?  

BS posters like you are why forums are just infested with contaminants.

• Reply 48 of 108

Looks beautiful IMO.  Not sure if I'll buy one, but I'm definitely intrigued.  Looks a lot better than I was anticipating.

• Reply 49 of 108
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sflocal View Post

Backtracking now?  Your first post said "...that requires a data plan", now you're backtracking?  Like posting BS fabrications and hope someone takes your nonsense as fact?  

BS posters like you are why forums are just infested with contaminants.

You are right, I'm backtracking.  This watch will just tether off your phones data, tough news for all those on grandfathered unlimited plans. While it is sharing that data, you now have a phone and a watch doing things like monitoring traffic or sending directions which means you have two sources eating up your data plan. 

Sound about right?  Or think it will need a $10 add on or something like that from US carriers, that require add ons like a tablet would do? 

• Reply 50 of 108
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member
    mac-daddy wrote: »
    I bought the iPhone 5 nearly 2 years ago. When I go to buy the iPhone 6 on 9/19 I will pay $199
    You mean in addition to the extra +$25 a month for the next 24 months for the privilege of paying $199 (upfront cost) for a $799 phone on a 2 year contract...

Math is hard...
  • Reply 51 of 108

I think the stock tanked on the looks alone. No, I don't think round is the answer either, but I was hoping for something a little sleeker/band like device. I do like the functionality and the less I have to pull anything from my pockets the better. Maybe the limitations are technology related and we chuckle at this first iteration in a few years.

• Reply 52 of 108
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member
    I'll definitely be getting the Sport.

Oh, and Apple just killed Swatch.

Yeah right- a Swatch is thinner, lighter and 1/3rd the price.
    Not to mention better looking.
  • Reply 53 of 108
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    Quote:

Can't wait to pay $350 for something that requires a data plan, is annoyingly large, and does nothing to assuage my fears that the UI will be annoying to work. 

It requires an iPhone so you're wrong about the "data plan": long range communications is performed through  BT and WiFi via the iPhone and out LTE from there; hence no LTE chip to suck power off the small watch power storage..

Comes in multiple sizes: so you're wrong about "annoyingly large"

And thus your credibility for judging the UI? Yeah, not much.

• Reply 54 of 108
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris_CA View Post

You mean in addition to the extra +$25 a month for the next 24 months for the privilege of paying $199 (upfront cost) for a $799 phone on a 2 year contract...

Math is hard...

Shhhh!

Dreams should be left alone for the dreamers.

• Reply 55 of 108
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by maxtosh View Post

I think the stock tanked on the looks alone. No, I don't think round is the answer either, but I was hoping for something a little sleeker/band like device. I do like the functionality and the less I have to pull anything from my pockets the better. Maybe the limitations are technology related and we chuckle at this first iteration in a few years.

I was also expecting a band like device. This thing does look nice though. I personally don't mind pulling out my phone at all though. I'd much rather interact with my iPhone than any smartwatch.

• Reply 56 of 108
    lantznlantzn Posts: 240member
    I'm wondering if it's interchangeable for left handed people. Can it be swapped to the right wrist and have the display flip 180? I know the digital crown would now be on the lower left instead of the top but that shouldn't be too big an issue.
  • Reply 57 of 108
    The iwatch Could be the Next Big Thing for Apple and a Game Changer in the Gadget World!
    Well, finally Elvis is in the building! Apple has officially announced the %u201Ci Watch%u201D. The product looks rigid and powerful. Just by the looks of it, I can tell it%u2019s a way too superior product than the Android laden Smart Watches that are already in the market.

The iwatch packs a sapphire display with 4 sensor exactly on the back side of the watch and one of the best thing that apple has done is, they have given variety of straps. It might sound like a small thing, but the scope of individuality and choices can change, how a product is received among its niche audience. Apple is proudly announcing it as the %u201Cmost personal device we%u2019ve ever created.%u201D find out more at http://worldofoddballs.com/the-iwatch-could-be-the-next-big-thing-for-apple-and-a-game-changer-in-the-gadget-world/
  • Reply 58 of 108
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jfc1138 View Post

It requires an iPhone so you're wrong about the "data plan": long range communications is performed through  BT and WiFi via the iPhone and out LTE from there; hence no LTE chip to suck power off the small watch power storage..

Comes in multiple sizes: so you're wrong about "annoyingly large"

And thus your credibility for judging the UI? Yeah, not much.

So since there are multiple sizes that are annoyingly large, I'm wrong?  As to pairs with the phone for WiFi, sounds like tethering, right?  I'll let you catch up to my latest concern about that.

• Reply 59 of 108

I thought so too until I saw the sports scores and swiping your wrist to pay. That would help out at a drive-thru and free up your hands. Now just make it unlock my house and I'll be good.

I remember thinking a smart key for a car was no big deal until I bought one that came with it. 

• Reply 60 of 108
    Quote:

So since there are multiple sizes that are annoyingly large, I'm wrong?  As to pairs with the phone for WiFi, sounds like tethering, right?  I'll let you catch up to my latest concern about that.

The Apple watch is no laptop. "sounds like"? Not really.