Apple announces 4.7" iPhone 6 and 5.5" iPhone 6 Plus: New design, A8 CPU, Retina HD display

Comments

• Reply 221 of 343
    cnocbuicnocbui Posts: 3,613member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

7.2” iPhone.

I didn’t know that “battery life” and “screen size” meant the same thing, but okay. Thanks for the links that prove me right, though!

Whoops, my mistake.  Still, if we go back to a previous argument we had where I said battery life was a problem on iPhones and you said it wasn't...

• Reply 222 of 343
    hjbhjb Posts: 278member

Oh No!! the rear facing camera sticks out, like Sammy's.  (Phtoshopped here?)

http://blogs.wsj.com/personal-technology/2014/09/09/iphone-6-and-iphone-6-plus-a-look-at-the-specs/

• Reply 223 of 343
    Originally Posted by cnocbui View Post

Whoops, my mistake.

Oh, no problem.

Still, if we go back to a previous argument we had where I said battery life was a problem on iPhones and you said it wasn't... 

Did I? Hmm. I still tend to think that it doesn’t have to be. 

• Reply 224 of 343
    sporlosporlo Posts: 143member
    No 4" phone. Why do they even sell iPhones anymore? How about just make a single 20" iPad with call features?
  • Reply 225 of 343
    Protruding lens!

=fail.

So let's see:

- worst live streaming ever;

- butt-**** ugly watch design from any angle (I will stick with my RADO, tks);

- no haptic feedback, same RAM, no sapphire display, protruding camera, bigger size, me-too wallet facilities;

- the iPod Classic is dead.

Mr Cook's first "original" non-SJ creation = disaster.

And people STILL want to spin this positively?
  • Reply 226 of 343
    sporlosporlo Posts: 143member
    brlawyer wrote: »
    So let's see:

- no haptic feedback, same RAM, no sapphire display, protruding camera, bigger size, me-too wallet facilities;

You just don't understand Design™ ;)

Yeah, this is kind of disgusting. Even the website design: loads of pointless images of too many angles. http://www.apple.com/watch/apple-watch-edition/
  • Reply 227 of 343
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SirLance99 View Post

Just what I wanted. A 5.5" iPhone with NFC. 

Lucky you. I just want 4.7" iPhone with the same specs as 5.5" iPhone. So, you'll get better resolution (I care less) and bigger screen, better camera, better battery life, better chip/RAM (maybe) and only $100 increase...that's bummer.

• Reply 228 of 343
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by brlawyer View Post

So let's see:

And you'll buy it when it's released...so S.T.F.U

• Reply 229 of 343

I don't like the fact the 6 Plus has the OIS only!!! Why could this not be added to the 6? 

• Reply 230 of 343
    aaronjaaronj Posts: 1,595member

I was really questioning whether or not I would update, since I didn't really want a bigger phone.  But I made a little cut-out, and it seems like it will be ok.  I'm talking about the 4.7", of course.  That 5.5" -- I just don't get those things at all; never have.

And as far as the tech itself, this is clearly a step (or two) forward, and pretty difficult to pass up for that reason.  Add to that that Gazelle will give me nearly $300 for my 5S -- I'll definitely be picking one of these up.

Now the question is space grey or silver.  Hmm.

• Reply 231 of 343
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AaronJ View Post

I was really questioning whether or not I would update, since I didn't really want a bigger phone.  But I made a little cut-out, and it seems like it will be ok.  I'm talking about the 4.7", of course.  That 5.5" -- I just don't get those things at all; never have.

And as far as the tech itself, this is clearly a step (or two) forward, and pretty difficult to pass up for that reason.  Add to that that Gazelle will give me nearly $300 for my 5S -- I'll definitely be picking one of these up.

Now the question is space grey or silver.  Hmm.

I would humbly suggest silver, sir.

• Reply 232 of 343

No mention (and no time for mention) of the iPad/iPad mini or Apple TV, at this iPhone/Apple Watch event, and only a minor recent update to Mac or MacBooks.  Does this mean they may get their own event, or just get updated silently?

While both Heatlhkit and Homekit were first introduced at WWDC, it was Healthkit and the Fitness/Activity app that were all the focus in terms of software.  I imagine that Homekit would factor heavily into a new AppleTV

• Reply 233 of 343
    Originally Posted by brlawyer 

Yeah, because we’re not trolls.

• Reply 234 of 343
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    Internet backbones and cross Atlantic/Pacific cabling is taking a beating. Most out of country backbones aren't displaying US websites, at least here in Germany.

Co.Uk sites also slow or down... so cross Channel problems as well.

Voice in the wilderness. Did any of these whiners pick up on what you were saying? And finally, what was the cause? Will Dilger look into it?
  • Reply 235 of 343
    brlawyer wrote: »
    So let's see:

I would suggest that you desperately want to spin it all negatively. Positive requires no spin.
  • Reply 236 of 343
    I don't like the fact the 6 Plus has the OIS only!!! Why could this not be added to the 6? 

The 6 Plus is thicker, probably for battery volume. More room for OIS actuators. Logical speculation, of course.
  • Reply 237 of 343
    Originally Posted by Flaneur View Post

Logical speculation, of course.

And we all know how evil that is.

• Reply 238 of 343
    aaronjaaronj Posts: 1,595member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

I would humbly suggest silver, sir.

That's what I'm leaning towards.  But I still haven't entirely made up my mind.  My current 5 is white -- which is obviously not an option with the 6. Sadly, since I sort of like the white.

• Reply 239 of 343

Preorder? No way. This is one of those times I have to have the device in my hand at the store (after the hubbub dies down) to determine what makes sense. I'm out of contract on my 5 and still happy with it. The 6+ seems oversized for me, but I'm glad options are available. I'll probably look into upgrading to the 6 sometime after the holiday season when there is no supply/demand issues. I love tech, and I love Apple products, but I must be wired to not understand the need for immediate gratification the day it hits the streets. I'll be happy with iOS8 for a while.

• Reply 240 of 343

I saw no iPhone 6 dock on the store, so I asked an associate. She didn’t know about the existence of one. I guess the cutoff date for expecting one is the 19th.

There’d better be one.