Apple Watch starts at $349 and launches in early 2015

Comments

• Reply 61 of 108
    Looks a wee bit bulky, but the fact that it's sapphire faced is very good. It will always look pretty new. Not a great fan of the shape, but in the flesh, it'll look fine, I'm guessing!
  • Reply 62 of 108
    cnocbuicnocbui Posts: 3,613member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

I'll definitely be getting the Sport.

Oh, and Apple just killed Swatch.

So Swatch customers will switch to the $1000 iPhone 6 Apple Watch combo in droves?  I don't think so.  Nor do I see Omega being put out of business either.

I am actually very impressed with the Apple Watch, but it's too big and heavy for me.  the price is very reasonable.

Due to the woeful stream, I may have missed some details.  Does it measure blood pressure and/or blood glucose?  Most important, is it waterproof?

I think for the sport range they should have used titanium rather than aluminium.

• Reply 63 of 108

deleted

• Reply 64 of 108
    If there would have only been a his and hers option, meaning essentially 2 styles, and no variants, I would have just waited. But these configuration let you figure out if you really want this. Which is cool.

More waiting tho...
  • Reply 65 of 108

This would have to be a first for me where some of the renders were more impressive than the actual device.  I think the thinner continuous band with a curved screen were where Apple should have been on this. 

• Reply 66 of 108
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    cnocbui wrote: »
    This would have to be a first for me where some of the renders were more impressive than the actual device.  I think the thinner continuous band with a curved screen were where Apple should have been on this. 

Really?

I love that it looks like a conventional watch.

It's not circular because a circular screen is a waste. Things get cut off. Text doesn't scroll properly - unless you put it in a scrolling box.

I really liked the look of it. The functionality I am not so sure of.
  • Reply 67 of 108
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac-Daddy View Post

No backtracking here - any gripes I have are going to be applicable to me and me only. Why should I care how much others have to pay? 

Then perhaps you should keep your opinions to the yourself, as it appears that they only matter to you and are not relevant to a general forum where people exchange opinions and ideas relative to each other.

• Reply 68 of 108
    Originally Posted by cnocbui View Post

The problem with that is it becomes a bangle, reliant entirely on the thickness of a person’s wrist, sliding around otherwise.

• Reply 69 of 108
    I really do think the Moto 360 is better designed, but this is much more feature rich. This watch is also sort of expensive to start at 350 too. Or so I've read.
  • Reply 70 of 108
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mac-Daddy View Post

Call me a "hater" or anti-Apple, but I am insulted at how poor this UI looks. Graphics are reminiscent of the iPhone 1, size looks like the first iPad, and the price is almost double that of the new iPhone! 

It literally looks like something I would win for $0.25 from the claw machine at the arcade. I am intrigued by the Apple Watch but will not go near this thing until they make some revisions and improvements with future models. 

Lets see, poor UI? You one of the professional designers of UI and the effects of UI use? But OK. And if you recall many people though the iPhone 1 UI was poor... but what is the standardish now??? If memory serves iPhone 1 graphics are still around, just colored a little differently now on the new iOS7 &8 UI's. First iPad is a lot bigger than that. slightly heavier as well... meh

Price... let's see a black and white, non-touch screen Pebble is 150 bucks for the plastic and steel version is 250 ... you were expecting a full color, touch screen, steel case to be the same price as a plastic Pebble? I saw it and thought 299 start, but only off by 50 bucks... DOH!

Two sizes, smart... ladies and mens... just like most major watch creators.

• Reply 71 of 108
    Jesus Christ. It's constant bickering. If someone doesn't like a product they have the right to voice their opinion on it. They have provided their reasoning and so you can't tell them they are wrong. The price is kinda expensive for me. It's a lot of me. The cheapest is a little more than half my paycheck.
  • Reply 72 of 108
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

The problem with that is it becomes a bangle, reliant entirely on the thickness of a person’s wrist, sliding around otherwise.

Not if you made it oval.

• Reply 73 of 108

OK, I'm disappointed. It's square, a very elegant square admittedly, but a square. A chubby square. A chubby square with measles. What kind of interface is measles? And a knob. OK, you say it's a dial. A knob, really? At least it doesn't look as massive as the Moto 360. It does seem to me that Apple's watch straps look much, much better than Moto's or Samy's, and especially where the strap meets the watch. And I did kinda, almost, nearly nailed it as there are three kinds. Even better with two sizes. Ladies will like that. Especially the one in gold. You know, a gold one with a gold metal strap would look pretty good on a guy, too. The larger one that is. Well s__t, I guess I'll be buying one…

…I'm still disappointed. The gold one doesn't have a metal band.

• Reply 74 of 108
    Originally Posted by cnocbui View Post

Not if you made it oval.

Yeah, but then you can’t get it on. I don’t know about you, but I have puny wrists and giant hands.

• Reply 75 of 108
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Why are people saying it requires a data plan? Just trolls trolling or does it have its own GSM/CDMA cellular chips? I would be surprised if it did.
  • Reply 76 of 108
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Why are people saying it requires a data plan? Just trolls trolling…

It requires a data plan because it requires an iPhone, which requires a data plan.

• Reply 77 of 108
    Quote:

Why are people saying it requires a data plan? Just trolls trolling or does it have its own GSM/CDMA cellular chips? I would be surprised if it did.

It won't require a data plan - my guess is they just want to throw out negativity.  

• Reply 78 of 108
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member

It requires a data plan because it requires an iPhone, which requires a data plan.

Are you saying it won't work at all without an iPhone and it won't work at all with an iPhone that only gets connected via WiFi?
  • Reply 79 of 108

Are you saying it won’t work at all without an iPhone…

That’s what Apple said. 

…it won’t work at all with an iPhone that only gets connected via WiFi? 

Doesn’t matter. An iPhone implies a data plan.

• Reply 80 of 108
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Gregory View Post

Well, 

it took only 2 comments before we got a snarky, negative response. Maybe I'm an optimist but I thought we could go at least 5.

I wasn't interested in the watch, but now it has piqued my interest. Still don't feel like I 'gotta have it' which is fine, you can't get one until next year anyway. What I am interested in is how much can it do without the phone. For example, going for a run without my phone. 

I wonder how many Apple think they'll sell in the first year? Jobs predicted Apple would sell 10 million iPhones in the first year, and he was right; in fact, they beat that target quite easily.

No such prediction from Cook.