New LCD monitors on the way!

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I predict that we will see a complete new update to the line of lcd monitors within the next 2 months. They haven't been updated recently and could really use one. I predict that they will use an some mechanism so that the screen can be moved for different viewing angles. Heck, they could even put wheels on the current setup!

What do you think? care to make a mockup?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    logan calelogan cale Posts: 1,281member
    I'm not quite sure if you're being serious or sarcastic. Wheels?
  • Reply 2 of 8
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    In much the way that the original iMac influenced those three-legged Studio Displays (rounded, Volkswagon two-toned enclosure and translucent plastics), maybe this new iMac signals a new approach to the LCD displays, regarding mobility or tilt-and-swivel capability?

I don't know, I'm just saying...

• Reply 3 of 8
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    I think we could see new LCDs, but definately no wheels!
  • Reply 4 of 8
    You know, I wish people would stop posting definitive-sounding topic subjects like "New LCD monitors on the way!" unless they actually have (or at least purport to have) SOLID INFORMATION.

It makes the topic list into a big jumble of misleading lies, which pisses me off and probably hurts Apple. (You know, newbies stumbling in, seeing this topic, deciding not to buy an Apple display...)

Anyway, I hope it's not true, because my second Cinema Display is due to arrive today. Mind you, I'll only be annoyed if they come out with something that has more than 1600x1024 pixels, as I like the current styling, but I'm a slave to having that screen space. I wonder how likely a 24" 1920x1200 is. They could probably do it for the $4000 original Cinema Display price tag, but I'm not sure it's *that* much of a step up from the current one.

Alex
  • Reply 5 of 8
    logan calelogan cale Posts: 1,281member
    Hey Alex, can I have one of your Cinema displays?!

<tries to keep from going into debt to buy a new G4 with Cinema Display>
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Apple has a knack of making our current setups look out of date! With beige boxes, it wasn't immediately obvious from the outside that what was under the hood was older - new designs/color/etc. however will immediately make you feel that you don't have the most recent (and if apple's lucky, make you want to buy )

That said, it wouldn't surprise me to see apple add swivel arms or what have you. But I must disagree with the statement "They haven't been updated recently and could really use one" - c'mon, if anyone out there is using a current apple display (I'm on their 17") you've gotta realize that these things don't really NEED anything. They're friggin' sweet as is! My 17" still seems huge and I've been using it for ages. The Cinema is a monster. Sure it's possible to go bigger, but that is a seriously niche market.

I could easily sweat a little price drop and/or color change (white, naturally), but other than that - these displays have a LOT of life in 'em yet.

rr.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    I think the current LCD design is fine (although they could put a VGA port there).

Most pro users don't need to move their stuff around all the time. Wheels would probably be a bit unstable.

The only thing that Apple might consider is removing some of the border around the screen. So it looks more like the Titanium's screen.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    I thinkt they could lessen the plastic/transparent borders a bit. Change the greay scheme to white on the towers as well, make them Ascention White Blinding.

Look at those wings!