Pictures of your computer setups for 2002

Comments

• Reply 281 of 724
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Again. I really have to see if you do really like this machine

You are getting 12x on ripping eh? I get 22x (max) on my Dual Gig @ 192KHz

Hey, I remember someone told me that I shouldn't use cheap brand CD like Gigastore.....he seems having conflict with himself

[ 04-25-2002: Message edited by: Leonis ]</p>
  • Reply 282 of 724
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Hey, I had a bunch left over to get rid of, give me a break.

I don't use them for audio CDs though, just data. (priorities...)

Oh, and how much did your top of the line PRO tower cost, Leonis??
  • Reply 283 of 724
    dbl post...

[ 04-25-2002: Message edited by: murbot ]</p>
  • Reply 283 of 724
    bradbowerbradbower Posts: 1,068member
    Hey murbot.. I guess you missed my reply on the way bottom of this old thread:

<a href="http://forums.appleinsider.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=10&t=001240&p=2"; target="_blank">http://forums.appleinsider.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=10&t=001240&p=2</a>;

Anyway, I just wondered how much you paid for your desk (and where you got it). I saw it on <a href="http://dwr.com/"; target="_blank">http://dwr.com/</a>; for like $400 or something (for some sawhorses! :eek: ) ! Also, what do you have on top of it there? I always thought it looked nice.

Also, you should take your nice desk out of the corner there.. it's bad feng shui.

[ 04-25-2002: Message edited by: bradbower ]</p>
  • Reply 285 of 724
    [quote]Originally posted by murbot:

<strong>Oh, and how much did your top of the line PRO tower cost, Leonis?? </strong><hr></blockquote>

A LOT!
  • Reply 286 of 724
    Sorry, I did miss your post at the other thread...

I wouldn't spend anything near $400 for a desk - I'm assuming you're talking US dollars too. Yikes, that's like $630 CDN...

I picked this desk up at IKEA. Can't really remember exactly what I paid, but it was something like $140-150 CDN (less than $100 US).

The table top and easels came as a set, but damn if I can think of the name for you. Sorry...

I know about the corner thing - not much choice here I'm afraid. When we're in the new house though, I'm getting a brand spankin' new office. I'll be sure and situate the desk in a "power" position. (thought I read that feng-shui thing anyway, so I'm facing the door and will see people as they come in)
  • Reply 287 of 724
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    Murbot,

Did you order the mac before the price hike or did you finagle a deal on the old price point (after the price hike) using one of your contacts?

Inquiring minds want to know.
  • Reply 288 of 724
    I have actually been waiting on this iMac for almost a month. I had put my deposit down on it before the price hike, so I got it for the original deal I had made.

So it was originally $2799 for a $2899 iMac, but of course it looks even better now getting that price on a $3049 iMac.

Hey, with that $250 savings, and the $150 rebate on an iPod... I could get a 5 GB model for net $200 CDN! (plus taxes of course) Hmmm, do I want a third iPod?

Nah, I'll wait until the 20 GB one comes out...

[ 04-25-2002: Message edited by: murbot ]</p>
  • Reply 289 of 724
    bradbowerbradbower Posts: 1,068member
    [quote]Originally posted by murbot:

<strong>Sorry, I did miss your post at the other thread...

I wouldn't spend anything near $400 for a desk - I'm assuming you're talking US dollars too. Yikes, that's like $630 CDN...

I picked this desk up at IKEA. Can't really remember exactly what I paid, but it was something like $140-150 CDN (less than $100 US).

The table top and easels came as a set, but damn if I can think of the name for you. Sorry...

I know about the corner thing - not much choice here I'm afraid. When we're in the new house though, I'm getting a brand spankin' new office. I'll be sure and situate the desk in a "power" position. (thought I read that feng-shui thing anyway, so I'm facing the door and will see people as they come in)</strong><hr></blockquote>

Oh, wow. That's a great deal! I must have seen the designer originals on that expensive site, and I guess IKEA really DOES make affordable "knockoffs" of good designer stuff. I love IKEA!

BTW, I would never spend that much on a desk either. Or at least never again, or not with my own money... My mom bought me a $500 desk when we moved to put my computers on and still have room to do my homework.. what a waste of money. I lament ever telling her I liked it in the first place (it was a surprise purchase).

Can't wait to see your new office, though.
  • Reply 290 of 724
    macaddictmacaddict Posts: 1,055member
    Hey iPad, nice PC you've got there. BTW, I got your IM, I was just away. I've got a PC ready to go but am awaiting a Duron from a guy on Ars...he has been very hard to contact even though he's a nice guy and giving me a nice price (no, it's not a scam, he's a well known guy). I'm getting so impatient (bought the parts on March 1) for it to work that I am ready to buy from NewEgg or something. Heh, wanna sell your TBird cheap?

Maybe I'll get pics up of the PC if I ever get a CPU.
  • Reply 291 of 724
    ipadipad Posts: 18member
    Hey, sorry about the delay with the pics, haha, still haven't gotten them up, my friend the cold (it's almost 70 outside too, so beats the hell out of me how i obtained such a animous eater, but I got to miss school so it's all good) attacketh me this week so I haven't had a chance to borrow my dad's camera, but tommorrow (i swear).

MacAddict:

Hey thanks, how much are you paying for the Duron btw? These days they're so cheap that saving a few bucks or two doesn't really make much of a difference, $50-60 for 1.2ghz. But yeah, I feel your pain, took me forever to get my mobo rma'ed a few months ago, no CS for two weeks.

As for my Thunderbird, I don't actually have it right now since I did the trade with my friend so the only spare part I have right now is a Geforce 2 GTS 32MB DDR on my shelf.

Heard about your XP frying, that sucks dude. Well good luck on getting that Duron, i'll talk to you on AIM later or something like that.
  • Reply 292 of 724
    [quote]As for my Thunderbird, I don't actually have it right now since I did the trade with my friend so the only spare part I have right now is a Geforce 2 GTS 32MB DDR on my shelf.<hr></blockquote>

Heh, same as me. I'm gonna be using that $48 Visiontek GF2 GTS-V. Great deal.

I hope the guy I'm negotiating with on the Duron is a quick shipper. I'm gonna be patient though because $30 for a 900MHz Duron can't be beat...
  • Reply 293 of 724
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    hey radar, check <a href="http://www.pricewatch.com"; target="_blank">www.pricewatch.com</a>

durons are going for $30 retail, not including shipping. don't take too much crap from this shipper.
  • Reply 294 of 724
    fobiefobie Posts: 216member
    *bump*

[ 05-07-2002: Message edited by: Fobie ]</p>
  • Reply 295 of 724
    Yeah, I always check Pricewatch and stuff for this kind of thing. There's actually a Duron going for $29 right now...plus $13 shipping.

This guy seems pretty cool though. He actually is a graduate of the school I go to (small world, eh?).
  • Reply 296 of 724
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by iPad:

<strong>Hey, sorry about the delay with the pics, haha, still haven't gotten them up, my friend the cold (it's almost 70 outside too, so beats the hell out of me how i obtained such a animous eater, but I got to miss school so it's all good) attacketh me this week so I haven't had a chance to borrow my dad's camera, but tommorrow (i swear).

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Well time's running out for that swear...
  • Reply 297 of 724
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member

That's mine.

(no, the cow isn't mine, only the computer )

[ 05-13-2002: Message edited by: Defiant ]</p>
  • Reply 298 of 724
  • Reply 299 of 724
    [quote]Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic:

<strong></strong><hr></blockquote>

That's called show off, you know?

You are missing the cube

[ 05-07-2002: Message edited by: Leonis ]</p>
  • Reply 300 of 724
    [quote]Originally posted by Leonis:

<strong>

That's called show off, you know?

You are missing the cube

[ 05-07-2002: Message edited by: Leonis ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

Hehe...well, if I can find a Cube for around $600 - $700, I might pick one up.