Samsung back on Apple-bashing bandwagon with new 'It Doesn't Take a Genius' ads

Comments

• Reply 61 of 193
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Bonner View Post

The ads are great, IMO.  Very light weight and funny.  And I am a fanboy, but did sit through the Mac and PC days and enjoyed those to no end.

On the tech front, it is true that Apple is playing catchup a bit and has benefited from other companies innovating in this case.

I think that in many cases Apple has seen what other companies have done wrong with their products and put a product on the market that cured/prevented those mistakes made.

• Reply 62 of 193
    "Please, God, buy our phones!!!"
    -Samsung
  • Reply 63 of 193

Oh Lord, would you buy me an iPHONE 6 +,

My friends all have Samsung's about which they cuss...

• Reply 64 of 193
    The real loser here:

Windows Phone.

Again.
  • Reply 65 of 193
    Originally Posted by Egocentric View Post

-Samsung

“Sorry, no. I mentioned something about stealing a long time ago, by the way.”

• Reply 66 of 193
    So, let me get this straight. Apple successfully sued Samsung in court that they blatantly ripped off Apple with their Galaxy phones. Now Samsung advertises that the new iPhone 6 does not have some of the features that the Samsung phone has.

I think Samsung should focus on trying to sell their devices on the merits of what they do rather than just trying to bash the company they clearly (as proven in court) stole from.

When out shopping for a new TV, I wouldn't even look at a Samsung option.
  • Reply 67 of 193
    *napoleon_phoneapart. Very true lol! I'm always so excited for apple's keynotes, couldn't care less about Samsung especially after the way they are treating apple. Absolutely despicable! You can tell they are horrified by all the new competition and I have to say I hope their ship sinks as soon as possible.
  • Reply 68 of 193
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    egocentric wrote: »
    -Samsung

I bet most of those Apple bashing actors use iPhones and iPads too! Be funny if some one could photograph them in real life with iPhones.
  • Reply 69 of 193

• Reply 70 of 193
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    Molly Wood has a great article in the NT Times about Apple watch and how it's all about developers.

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/09/11/apples-smart-smartwatch-play-let-developers-find-the-killer-app/?_php=true&_type=blogs&partner=yahoofinance&_r=0

This is something Samsung doesn't have. They're dependent on Google but so are a ton of other OEMs so it's nothing unique. Nobody seems to be jumping on the Tizen platform so what does Samsung do to be unique? With the Watch SDK Apple has the opportunity to make it THE best platform for wearable tech. I think Apple barely scratched the surface on possibilities with Apple Watch. Samsung can't match that because they're dependent on Google.
  • Reply 71 of 193
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Egocentric View Post

-Samsung

( sorry about my multiple entries - wrong keystroke ! )

• Reply 72 of 193
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    quadra 610 wrote: »
    The real loser here:

Windows Phone.

Again.

And Microsoft thinks changing the name to Windows Lumia will save it. :lol:
  • Reply 73 of 193
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    quadra 610 wrote: »
    The real loser here:

Windows Phone.

Again.

Microsoft make a phone? Really? ;)
  • Reply 74 of 193

I do like their TV's, they seem to be the best in the market at this time, and even being a fanboy, am able to see past the things I don't like to have a good experience watching Big Bang.

• Reply 75 of 193

Hey, thanks for this, I am in the market and had not looked at LG, their reviews are top notch!

• Reply 76 of 193
    roakeroake Posts: 811member

It seems pretty obvious to me that the people designing these ads are not people that actually see sales figures.  Samsung seems to generate these ads from a position of, "we've clearly won already, so now we're just making fun of Apple for still trying to win," when the reality is that Samsung is getting their asses handed to them by Apple.

I think there must be a disconnect.

• Reply 77 of 193
    When you're successful, everyone takes shots at you.
  • Reply 78 of 193
    roakeroake Posts: 811member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by wood1208 View Post

My blood hound says Samsung "Do I smell desperation" ? With large screen size available and rest that we loved about iPhone/IOS, I wouldn't buy any other phones especially android(crapware,no updates,malware,on and on) even my blood hound bites me or put gun on my head!!

Must be a bad translation of some other language.

• Reply 79 of 193

this is a good thing, it just means Samsung is wasting more money on Advertising verse developing products, yeah I know they just steal what apple does, in this case there is nothing to steal so they can waste more money on advertising.

• Reply 80 of 193
    emig647emig647 Posts: 2,455member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rickers View Post

Uh, yeah.  These pretty much sum it up.  Cook & Company are going to destroy Apple.  Enjoy what little of it there is left while it lasts.  I couldn't even stand to watch Schiller who usually does a good presentation.

All this stuff used to just be a projection of Steve.  Now, it's just pretentious.

"It's amazing!"

"It goes on your wrist!"

"It will tell you the time!"

"It will tell you how many strokes while you were whacking it!"

I just had to turn it off.

Bah.

Go back to Macrumors