Apple exec Greg Joswiak to be interviewed at Code/Mobile conference in October

Posted:
in General Discussion edited August 2020
In a rare public interview, Apple Vice President Greg Joswiak will appear onstage at the Code/Mobile conference in late October, where he will discuss his company's fall 2014 lineup, set to include the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.

His planned appearance at the conference, which is scheduled for Oct. 27 and 28, was announced on Thursday by Re/code, which noted that Greg Joswiak is not known for making public appearances on behalf of Apple. However, the Apple VP has been taking on more of a prominent role at the company under the leadership of Cook, including an appearance this year with Ferrari to introduce a new CarPlay-equipped grand tourer.

Historically, Joswiak is better known for his work behind the scenes at Apple, where he has overseen both product marketing and management for Apple's most popular product lineup, the iPhone.

Apple has historically had a strong relationship with Re/code, whose team formerly comprised AllThingsD. Earlier this year, Apple's Eddy Cue and Jimmy Iovine were interviewed at the publication's Code Conference where they discussed the company's recent purchase of headphone maker Beats.

Reliable leaks about Apple's future product plans are also frequently fed through the technology-focused outfit, including the fact that the company would hold an event on Sept. 9, that both the Apple Watch and iPhone 6 would be unveiled, and that the Apple Watch would not ship until early 2015. All of those reports, attributed to unnamed sources, proved accurate.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    My body is ready.

Oops… Wrong thread.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    Interesting. And Jony Ive is speaking at a Vanity Fair Summit in October. Cook is sure letting his lieutenants shine in a way Jobs never did. I wonder if Joswiak is being groomed as Schiller's replacement.

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/daily/2014/06/new-establishment-summit
  • Reply 3 of 9
    I'd like to see someone ask him about what's next.

I'd love to see an NFC reader on all new macs so I can touchID/NFC passwords.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Serendip View Post

I'd love to see an NFC reader on all new macs so I can touchID/NFC passwords.

They can make it with Bluetooth LE, they just don't do it. 

• Reply 5 of 9
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Serendip View Post

..and I'm sure he would respond with a detailed Apple roadmap. 

• Reply 6 of 9
    cpsrocpsro Posts: 3,198member

I can't wait.

If you couldn't tell, that's a joke.

• Reply 7 of 9
    continuity b/w mac and iphone that allows touchID authenticated logins for arbitrary sites and/or purchases would be pretty amazing. would be awesome.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    rogifan wrote: »
    I wonder if Joswiak is being groomed as Schiller's replacement.

He's a VP of marketing, Phil is the SVP of marketing who Joswiak reports to directly so it's possible but Phil is only 54 and I doubt Joswiak is much younger. I think there's some hair dye going on there. He's not as much fun as Phil, I wouldn't like to see Phil go:

[VIDEO]

Some people have wondered in the past why this Re/Code keeps getting all these Apple exclusives. It's the same guys from AllThingsD/Wall Street Journal - Mossberg and Swisher. Mossberg left WSJ.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    slurpy wrote: »
    serendip wrote: »

..and I'm sure he would respond with a detailed Apple roadmap. 

I think that's unlikely; Apple have a long history of being secretive, so the idea that the Vice President would spill the beans on Apple's future products is far-fetched.