Samsung back on Apple-bashing bandwagon with new 'It Doesn't Take a Genius' ads

Comments

• Reply 121 of 193
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    cpsro wrote: »
    I hate to think how the 5.5" model will look in a suit pocket and would buy a 4" iPhone 6 instead if it had NFC and OIS. It seems moderately questionable that the 4" size did not receive an update to include NFC at least.

4" 6c should have been announced.

Would be funny if Sammy releases smaller phones and makes ads about how "They fit in your pocket." or "Bigger phones look stupid when talking on them ".
  • Reply 122 of 193
    Quote:

Originally Posted by agramonte View Post

that is funny, and the stream was a hot mess... you have to give it to them for the fast turn around

Clearly they were planning some kind of a fast response in advance. They still suck monkey brains.

• Reply 123 of 193
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member

How is being a complete douche a viable sales strategy for a manufacturer?

• Reply 124 of 193
    Sounds like somebody is taking a s$#t right now. Those dumb commercials that Samsung is putting out are a pathetic, futile attempt to keep whatever users they have right now.

Stick to refrigerators and televisions.
  • Reply 125 of 193
    Apple deserves to be made fun of for the terrible streaming experience. I would like to think that Tim Cook was at least embarrassed by this epic fail. As far as I know Apple has not commented publicly about this. Steve Jobs would have probably have shot the person responsible, live on camera. Okay, maybe that's a little extreme but he would have certainly "discussed it" with the person responsible.
  • Reply 126 of 193
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jackzig1984 View Post

Apple deserves to be made fun of for the terrible streaming experience. I would like to think that Tim Cook was at least embarrassed by this epic fail. As far as I know Apple has not commented publicly about this. Steve Jobs would have probably have shot the person responsible, live on camera. Okay, maybe that's a little extreme but he would have certainly "discussed it" with the person responsible.

I'd say that somewhat depends on whether it crashed because of traffic wildly exceeding estimations of demand or some technical stumble that wasn't traffic related?

• Reply 127 of 193
    Samsung's only recourse is to make an even bigger phone, and that would be ridiculous.
  • Reply 128 of 193
    Can't wait to see Samsung's next advert mocking Apple for their website crashing due to the high volume of pre-orders for the iPhone 6 and 6 plus.
  • Reply 129 of 193
    leesmith wrote: »
    They're bashing Apple so their existing users don't leave them.

These ads are designed to appeal to "hardcore" Apple haters, so it wouldn't have any net effect, other than to draw the attention of hardcore Apple haters.

The rest of their user base is now fair game for Apple, and these gratuitous attack ads won't stop them.
  • Reply 130 of 193
    bobborries wrote: »
    Samsung's only recourse is to make an even bigger phone, and that would be ridiculous.

Something says that won't stop them. What they up to now? 6 inches? 6.1 inches? 7 inches?
    They're really out of ideas. And that's scary. That's a new "crisis of design."
  • Reply 131 of 193

…epic fail.

Hey, 2008; 2014 here. How’s it going? Listen, got a big tip for you. Get into subprime mortgages. Big time. Like, throw your life’s savings into them. You have about a month left before the big thing happens, and you don’t want to be left out, right? Right!

• Reply 132 of 193
    This is illustrating the sheer panic that the samsung board of directors feel these days. Truly desperate...
  • Reply 133 of 193
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Something says that won't stop them. What they up to now? 6 inches? 6.1 inches? 7 inches?

They're really out of ideas. And that's scary. That's a new "crisis of design."

Samsung Mega @ 6.3" I believe. They'll go bigger, don't worry.

I agree with others that Apple should just add cellular calling capability to the iPad Mini and cut them off at the pass.

• Reply 134 of 193
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,382member
    Quote:

Obviously Apple is extremely embarrassed and upset about the livestream. Especially since it was the first stream I can EVER recall where they heavily advertised beforehand and WANTED people to watch- with a countdown timer and everything. And you can be sure heads rolled. But you know what? Shit happens, especially when something is live. It's impossible to plan for everything, and when a **** up happens, there's not much time to diagnose and fix.

But there's no permanent damage done- it was just the stream. The actual event went off without a single hitch, and you can now watch 1080P versions of the keynote. There wasn't massive fuckups on stage that are saved for perpetuity, like in previous events. One thing you can be sure of is that whatever happened, Apple learned from it and that specific issue will never happen again. It's not that big of a deal, and besides some frustration, nobody was hurt. 

• Reply 135 of 193
    Buying samsung products in general i am going to think twice about.

They are basically just being irritating.

I WILL buy an apple watch either first or second generation.

I look forward to the homekit integration and location awareness for home control aspects.

Hopefully they make the next one waterproof so i can wear it in the shower or pool too...

Battery life will improve with smaller chips and lower nanometer processes. Battery tech slowly getting better too...
  • Reply 136 of 193

I love it.

Appleinsider loved the "I'm a PC/I'm a Mac" bashing of Microsoft.  They can dish it out but they can't take it.

I hope it works for Samsung as well as it worked for Apple.  Apple deserves a little comeuppance.

But the latest reveal was pretty ho-hum, so they don't need to be taunted too harshly.

• Reply 137 of 193

By insulting Apple customers (and supporters - many of us through the lean times of the 90s), Samsung are also insulting and alienating some of their own user base. I bought a couple of things from Samsung a few years ago (I'll leave comments about quality), however, the recent behaviour of Samsung as a bunch of pirates have made me resolve to never buy anything from them ever again.

They have thus lost many potential customers.

• Reply 138 of 193
    cpsrocpsro Posts: 3,192member
    The boys neglected to mention that the 1 million or so apps written for older iPhones will look and work just fine on the big new screens of both iPhone 6 models. This contrasts with the Android situation where apps don't work well across all models. The care and preparation taken by Apple to ensure continuity for consumers and developers is what took a little longer. People who appreciate quality are willing to wait for it and reward it.
  • Reply 139 of 193
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,335member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by frugality View Post

I love it.

Appleinsider loved the "I'm a PC/I'm a Mac" bashing of Microsoft.  They can dish it out but they can't take it.

I hope it works for Samsung as well as it worked for Apple.  Apple deserves a little comeuppance.

The "I'm a Mac" ads were original (not mimicry), clever, and reflected widely held public sentiment that was felt about the massively dominant marketshare and profitability leader who seemed very little concerned about addressing their current customer's concerns, most notably around the Vista release, legacy of BSOD, security issues, and bland mediocre products that filled the PC marketplace at the time. Apple also made it very clear in their original (not copycat) ads that they were offering a "better" solution than what the WIntel near monopoly offered. The dynamic between Apple and the infantile company from South Korea is entirely different. It's pathetic that the Korean Kopycat has extended its cloning hysteria to include copying Apple commercials. Is there anything they will not copy? What's next, their own "spaceship" campus? 

In reality the witty (not contrived) "I'm a Mac" ads had very little to do with Apple's explosive growth. Desktop Mac marketshare has only increased modestly. The iPod, iPhone, iPad, and iTunes were the rocket fuel that propelled Apple way above the dark cloud. So if the Clonasaurus Rex is truly going to "make it work" like it did for Apple then they must bring something totally new and unique to market that catches Apple and all other current competitors completely off-guard. The ball's in their court so lets see what they can do. Time for the Dumbfounded Duplicator to walk the talk.

• Reply 140 of 193
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

What I find infinitely more trashier than these ads is digging up old quotes from the dead Steve Jobs (who obviously hasn't been making any decisions at Apple for almost 5 years) for their official twitter marketing campaign. I mean, can you get any more classless and cheap?

It's about as immature as the "I told you so" trolls infesting one recent forum thread.