Online Apple Store down ahead of iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus preorders

Comments

• Reply 101 of 293

Yeah. I saw Tim Cook tied up, being beaten and yelled at by a lady in a loud Chinese voice. Every time he speaks she talks 3X louder.

• Reply 102 of 293
    Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Site is open but slow as molasses.... on 'retry'... this is kind of pathetic....

It went through pretty quickly on the app

• Reply 103 of 293

I can get only so far on the Apple store app and it times out.  Weird.  As in, I can select carrier, size, color.  But it times out before letting me add to cart.

• Reply 104 of 293

Even more aggravating - I got through in the app, but it will only work if I'm sticking with my current carrier (AT&T).  I'm switching, so it sent me off to store.apple.com which is still down.

• Reply 105 of 293

Wonder what samsung commercial they will make for this?

• Reply 106 of 293
    Was ist das?

Das ist Scheise!
  • Reply 107 of 293

online store still down...this is amazing. 

• Reply 108 of 293

I guess they wanted longer lines in front of Apple stores this time....

• Reply 109 of 293
    First they f**k up the live stream, then the store opening? Steve would have heads rolling big time.
    Heh. This process is messed up and broken every year.
  • Reply 110 of 293
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member

So to kill time I visited Samsung's site. Amazing how with so much $$ they can't get non-broken english on their US product pages. How fucking amateurish. 

http://www.samsung.com/global/microsite/gears/gears_features.html

What a piece of shit product page. 

• Reply 111 of 293

Same here. My 5S order last year through the AT&T store was DOA -- so I called, they cross-shipped a replacement, charged me full retail for the extra phone (to be fair, they told me in advance that would happen, but said the charge would be reversed when they received the DOA phone back). When they finally credited me for the return 6 weeks later, for some reason they only gave a partial credit, and after many calls and hours of talking to dozens of people, I finally got the $435 they still owed me back, 11 MONTHS LATER. And I'm a Premiere (business) customer with five lines on this one account.

I have to think that if I owed AT&T $435, within far less than 11 months I'd be getting calls from a collection agency. 

• Reply 111 of 293
    Yeah. I saw Tim Cook tied up, being beaten and yelled at by a lady in a loud Chinese voice. Every time he speaks she talks 3X louder.

Priceless1
  • Reply 113 of 293
    The the store is up in the app
    Down for me up in Canada :mad:
  • Reply 114 of 293

Trying to preorder on Verizon's site and all I keep getting is "Error while retrieving ECPD profile."

• Reply 115 of 293
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kozchris View Post

Wonder what samsung commercial they will make for this?

Samsung must the loving the problems Apple are having at the moment. But be fair, I don't think they would have done any better if millions of people around the world tried to order a new product from them all at the same time.

• Reply 116 of 293

Even though I ordered on Verizon, was looking at the app. With the iPhone 6 Plus, it's only showing the gold color available for Verizon. 

• Reply 117 of 293

On the app I got as far as placing the order, then got a screen saying they couldn't contact my carrier (AT&T) but were reserving a phone for me. Got an order number. Said they would contact me by email when ready to proceed. And that I have 24 hours to complete the transaction. Hope this doesn't f-up my 9/19 delivery.

• Reply 118 of 293

App store on my iPhone says the silver 64GB + is already sold out. But shipping is free!

• Reply 119 of 293
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Xian Zhu Xuande View Post

Heh. This process is messed up and broken every year.

It's been much worse than this. Remember the great debacle of the 3G where we had to activate the phone is store and a combination of ATT's and Apple's servers wilted under the pressure 

Good times

• Reply 120 of 293

Still down for 30 minutes now. I forgot how much it sucks to be up at 3am. Apple must want me to remember this for a while.