Online Apple Store down ahead of iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus preorders

Comments

• Reply 141 of 293

ATT site is crushing under the pressure also. Can't select any options so that I can place an order. 

• Reply 142 of 293
    Well ...

At least I have the iOS8 GM installed on my iPhone 5S and iPad 4.
  • Reply 143 of 293

I get the same thing. I chose In Store Pickup, but then it doesn't let me select my store. Now when I reload, it says Unavailable. WTH?

• Reply 144 of 293

I wanted to buy two 128 pluses in gold, but my heart and credit card are now cold.

Going to bed, I will view the carnage in the morn.

• Reply 145 of 293

Crazy, I get through on my iPad and iPhone 5 but when I make my selections it just keeps saying currently unavailable. What's going on?

• Reply 146 of 293
    Quote:

Originally Posted by hamiltonrrwatch View Post

Got a 64GB + from AT&T who went live about 10 minutes before Apple was scheduled.

From what I saw, the 6+ showed 14-21 day delivery, the 6 showing delivery on the 19th.

I got in 7 minutes before - I just got the confirmation and "preparing to be fulfilled" email showing a shipping date range of Oct 2 - Oct 10.  That's probably a worst-case as my experience with ATT has been that they tend to do that, but this time, who knows?

• Reply 147 of 293
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,382member

**** it. I'm out. What a shitty experience for early adopters. Apple, you've disappointed me. 

• Reply 148 of 293

I still can't get in at 3:40AM US Eastern

• Reply 149 of 293

AT&T appears to have all versions of iPhone 6 still available for delivery on the 19th, all the 6 plus are "ships in 14-21 days"

• Reply 150 of 293
    Mmm ... I wonder if Walmart and BestBuy are paying attention!!!
  • Reply 151 of 293

Is the VZW $649 model unlocked? The VZW site is the only site working but I hate VZW, want to use PTEL GSM.

• Reply 152 of 293

I got my orders in for a iPhone 6 silver 64GB and a gray 128GB via the app. It took a couple of times to get both orders through but it eventually stuck. Good luck everyone. 

• Reply 153 of 293

admittedly, I don't recall Apple ever being more specific then saying the presale started on 9/12... to which everyone assumed midnight pacific time...

• Reply 154 of 293

The only one I can place an order on is for the iPhone 6 space gray 16gb but that's not what I want :(

• Reply 155 of 293

Just ordered through apple store app.  I HAD to select "upgrade this phone" vs "upgrade another phone on this account", it let me to the next screen and I was able to enter a different cellular number (I want to upgrade my wife's phone, not mine) and I was able to order.  Strange, but I could toggle back and forth between upgrade mine (showed available) and upgrade another (showed unavailable).  So give that a spin.  I'm just worried that I'll get some email saying "so sorry, we goofed and had to cancel your order" (remember those days?)

ATT was acting really weird, I'd get to different points, once all the way to choosing the number to upgrade, but while it gave me the upgrade button, it thought the phone couldn't be upgraded, DOH.  Haven't gotten that far since, and lots of errors with the service check (again, remember that from before?)

Good luck and Good night

• Reply 156 of 293

iPhone app finally let me order mine.  Still says 19th.

• Reply 157 of 293

I finally got in an ordered an iPhone 6 128GB Silver Unlocked from the UK store. It says Dispatched: Delivers 19/9 in most areas Delivery: Delivers within 2-7 business days after shipping by Standard

But this is no confirmation of if some are still available.

• Reply 158 of 293
    poochpooch Posts: 768member
    arrghhh. i had my two in my cart. went to check out and the "we'll be back" sign came up. this is my fifth year doing this; probably the worst experience thus far.
  • Reply 159 of 293

Contract-free option seems to be missing.

• Reply 160 of 293
    chadbagchadbag Posts: 1,999member

Finally got to the ADD TO CART on the Apple Store app but it times out every time...

Web store still down