Online Apple Store down ahead of iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus preorders

Comments

• Reply 181 of 293
    Quote:

Originally Posted by saarek View Post

Managed to get mine, very annoyed that there is no collect in store option for the UK, why the hell not? We have plenty of brick and mortar Apple stores.

I agree. Hopefully we'll be able to amend our orders to do this when they get the stores fully sorted but I doubt it.

• Reply 182 of 293
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBillyGoatGruff View Post

Just got my order through on the app. First it said currently unavailable, then not available for in store pickup, then it went through. And I got an email confirmation.

Keep trying. It eventually worked for me--or maybe it just told me what I wanted to hear so I would go away!

Yep, this.  Same exact thing happened to me.

• Reply 183 of 293

Just got confirmation email! 50 min after placing order on att.com...whew...

• Reply 184 of 293
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Boltsfan17 View Post

Has anyone been able to order a case? All of them say unavailable.  

I did but I was quoted 2-3 weeks

• Reply 185 of 293
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chadbag View Post

Finally got to the ADD TO CART on the Apple Store app but it times out every time...

Web store still down

Yeah, website's still down for me too.  The app seems to be working better now.  ATT website went through like a breeze, 3 minutes before midnight.  I hope they ship faster than they say, tho' but anyway, it looks like I have a gold 128GB 6+ locked in.  

• Reply 186 of 293

Looks like using the Apple store App is the best way to go. I just ordered ATT 6 gold w/128 ......still delivering on the 19th. :)

Website however, is still down here in Ohio. 

• Reply 187 of 293

Ordered my 6 64GB about 10 mins ago from the UK online store. The 6 Plus is now showing 3-4 weeks delivery.

• Reply 188 of 293
    I was waiting to order via the Apple site but decide to go ahead at the AT&T site. Apple never said what time the pre-orders would start on their site, so it could be hours. I wanted to get AppleCare at the same time. Also, I suspect they are doing this intentionally to push customers to their service providers sites, to appease those companies first. I did notice that the Apple Store iOS app is up and looked like it was available. I hope they don't make the unlocked version available, after customer service has repeated indicated that wouldn't be available at launch. I went with the Next plan and hope to pay it in full ASAP, just so I can get it unlocked. :\
  • Reply 189 of 293
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Interesting that the iPhone 6 Plus seems to have sold out much quicker than the 4.7". I wonder what split Apple were expecting? Is the iPhone 6 Plus more popular than the 4.7" or are there just not as many available? (Ordered a 4.7" myself).
  • Reply 190 of 293

Can't get app to work or store in Toronto, Canada, fack, you already woke me up let me get some sleep before I have to wake up for 6am, I didn't set my alarm at 2:45 am in vain!

• Reply 191 of 293

Finally got my order through on the iPhone app!!! Woo hoo. Almost an hour. Don't understand why the store comes up in the app but not on their main web site. I could understand if it was up and just slow with all the traffic but to keep saying that will be up soon doesn't make sense.

• Reply 192 of 293
    I got in on the ATT site and was able to order maybe 20 minutes ago. Haven't received my confirmation email with expected delivery date, though. I'm trying to buy a case from the apple store app, but no joy. The app is weird, too. Everything seems unavailable.
  • Reply 193 of 293
    I was waiting to order via the Apple site but decide to go ahead at the AT&T site. Apple never said what time the pre-orders would start on their site, so it could be hours. I wanted to get AppleCare at the same time. Also, I suspect they are doing this intentionally to push customers to their service providers sites, to appease those companies first. I did notice that the Apple Store iOS app is up and looked like it was available. I hope they don't make the unlocked version available, after customer service has repeated indicated that wouldn't be available at launch. I went with the Next plan and hope to pay it in full ASAP, just so I can get it unlocked. :\
    paid mine in full on AT&T but also curious if it would be unlocked or not , was hoping to order unlocked t mobile one but apple site wasn't loading and the app didn't have it as an option
  • Reply 194 of 293

....an hour later and the site is no where to be found... wtf did I wake up for?

• Reply 195 of 293

The Silver and Space Grey 4.7" 64GB are now showing '7-10 business days' in the UK store - selling fast!

• Reply 196 of 293

Ordered through ATT and got the email:

Your Apple iPhone 6 - 64GB – Space Gray will arrive on September 19th.

Looks good?  Do you have to be there to sign for it? UPS or FedEx, anyone know?

• Reply 197 of 293
    Looks like using the Apple store App is the best way to go. I just ordered ATT 6 gold w/128 ......still delivering on the 19th. :)
    Website however, is still down here in Ohio. 

Which App store on which device -- Mac or iOS ...

How finf iPhone 6
  • Reply 198 of 293

Tried to do this via my Mac, iPad and iPhone, the later through the Apple Store App.  After 45 minutes (PST) the Mac safari page has still not opened up to preorders.  The iPad same.  But after 30 minutes, the iPhone apple store app opened up, but then I had to redo my order numerous times before hitting the "renew on my current iPhone" would accept my data and sent me to an ATT info page.  After filling out that page and hitting "continue" i was prompted several times of inability to connect to server and so i hit "retry" a number of times, and then it worked and sent me to the Apple Store order info pages and hit "place Order" and then had to "retry" a bunch of times then as there were server connection issues.  But after 10 minutes, the order said it was placed and I immediately got an email from Apple confirming the order !!!  Yeah!

• Reply 199 of 293

BTW this was for an iPhone+ with 128gig and in silver

• Reply 200 of 293
    Quote:

Originally Posted by chadbag View Post

Add to cart finally went to another screen, and then it said there was an error and they had to remove it from my cart and I have to try again.

Darn it

It did that to me, but apparently AFTER it was placed in my cart.  I was able to complete by checking out.

Now trying to order the wife's, and I am stuck like you...