Online Apple Store down ahead of iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus preorders

Comments

• Reply 221 of 293

Got all the way to Place Order and it stalled in the iOS App stating there was an interruption.  If you get an email, the order went through, if not call 800-MY-APPL…in other words, it never went through.  No confirmation email.  Now the iOS App stalls after selecting a phone and tapping continue.  Oh well.  Will order one in a few days when the store is actually working.  Web version of the store in CA never came online and still offline at 1:10 AM.

• Reply 222 of 293
    chadbagchadbag Posts: 1,999member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony411LA View Post

I was able to order mine on the App after repeatedly trying for 30 minutes. 6+ 128GB Space Gray, but I could not find AppleCare for the iPhone, since I will undoubtedly have this phone for at least 2 years, I want the additional protection.  Do they not have AppleCare for iPhone?  I also couldn't find cases for the iPhone 6+.  Has anyone been able to order AppleCare or a case for the 6+?

You can add AppleCare later.   Last year with the 5S I just took it into the local Apple Store a few weeks after I got it and added it.  They just checked to  make sure it was not damaged.

• Reply 223 of 293

I am stuck on the ATT "Confirm your account details" of the Apple app... keep getting the "Cannot connect to your wireless carrier at this time" time out error... Damn you, AT&T!!!!

• Reply 224 of 293

Got through on app at 3:05 am central was given a reservation number but they couldn't connect to my carrier.  said will send email with instructions to finish gave a 9/19 delivery date.

• Reply 225 of 293

how long did you have to wait for your emailed confirmation from AT&T? It's been nearly an hour and still nothing in my Inbox

• Reply 226 of 293
    Mmm ... I'm learning how to say WTF in multiple languages -- col!
  • Reply 227 of 293

Still trying. Been at it since 2am CST. Have never seen the silver or gold 4.7 available on AT&T. Just the space gray. Ugh.

• Reply 228 of 293

so how late is everyone here willing to wait?  I'm ready to call it quits, seeing as I wake up in less than 2 hours, if I stay awake till 6 and it still isn't up I think I'd be more pissed then if I went to sleep and had to wait, maybe I should just buy samsung lol  Apple you want to know what I think of your website just go see what Mike Tyson said to the news reporter on CP24.

• Reply 229 of 293
    chadbagchadbag Posts: 1,999member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Bageljoey View Post

Well, there have been rumors of limited availability of the 5.5 (or even a late launch date) ever since the 5.5 rumors started.  It is likely that the stock available of pre-sale of the plus was just much lower...

I got my order confirmation on a 6plus 128GB gold on ATT through the App (not website) and it was at 0:48 PDT, about 25 minutes ago, and it claims 9/19 delivery.  I also did the wife's 6 in solver, 64GB on the same account, and it says 9/19 as well.  Finished 7 minutes ago.

Both said "unavailable" in the app but let me order and checkout, when the "real" delivery time was listed.

Not as easy as the 5S last year but  hopefully it really is 9/19.  Last year I was done within 7-10 minutes of the store coming back online and I was 3 weeks after initial ship on a Gold 5S -- tonight I was 48 minutes into this and it claims 9/19...

We'll see.

Off to bed finally.   Hope the wife appreciates this...

• Reply 230 of 293

I find it ironic that Tim Cook said he expected the mother of all upgrade cycles, yet it seems they didn't do anything to really prepare for the preorders.... 

• Reply 231 of 293
    Quote:

Originally Posted by cegordon View Post

Still trying. Been at it since 2am CST. Have never seen the silver or gold 4.7 available on AT&T. Just the space gray. Ugh.

64 GB.

• Reply 232 of 293
    Quote:

Originally Posted by chadbag View Post

Yeah, that is what happened to me too.   Said it was removing it but was still in cart and I was able to check out.  After15 more minutes of trying was able to do wife's

Ha.  I couldn't complete my wife's.  I got the old "we reserved one for you but couldn't complete--here is your reservation number" thing.  

Time for bed so I can get up in half an hour!

• Reply 233 of 293

I got the same exact message (it never even completed the sale through the App store), but when I checked my email, there was a confirmation email from Apple that my order had been processed.  

• Reply 234 of 293
    As a long-time Apple customer, I'm really pissed ...

As an AAPL shareholder -- not so much!
  • Reply 235 of 293
    thomprthompr Posts: 1,521member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by msalganik View Post

I find it ironic that Tim Cook said he expected the mother of all upgrade cycles, yet it seems they didn't do anything to really prepare for the preorders.... 

Perhaps this is simply the evidence of the "mother of all upgrade cycles".  The internet backbone got scorched.  ;)

Thompson

• Reply 236 of 293
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

+1

• Reply 237 of 293

"We have an iPhone for you"

That is the page I was directed to through the iPhone app. It includes a reservation # and says that they "currently can't reach the carrier system to process your order" but will "email you when it's time to proceed with your order."

I think I am calling it for the night. I originally made it through the Verizon system all the way, but then wanted to wait to also order a case and AppleCare through the Apple Store instead, now Verizon is down and since I got this reservation # I'm hoping I should be good for tomorrow.

• Reply 238 of 293
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

Agree. I finally used the app and got the we will send you an email message. Time for bed. 

• Reply 239 of 293
    So I finally got through to the UK Store on the App, both 64 and 128 6+ show 3-4 weeks, everything else was 19/9. Is the 3-4 weeks absolute? Or is there a chance they can ship before then.
  • Reply 240 of 293

This is being done intentionally in the US.  Change the URL to UK ... their site is up and running fine.  There is a reason they are not allowing T-Mobile as an option via the Apple Store app as well.  They also forced me to use my upgrade with ATT ... going to try and order an unlocked one and cancel my original order when the actual website goes live.