Apple's iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus now available for preorder [ux2]

Comments

• Reply 21 of 166

6+ Sold out. Will now ship in 14 to 21 business days.

I thought the 6 would have sold out more quickly than the 6+.

I hope Apple made enough 6+ units.

Don't forget to order cases.  They will sell out quickly on Friday.

• Reply 22 of 166
    I finally managed to get an order in via the Apple Store app and it's for 19 Sep pick-up at my local Apple store.
  • Reply 23 of 166
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AppleSauce007 View Post

I got my order in using the store App.

Confirmation email reads "Delivers: 9/19 by Standard Shipping".

Yep same here.  Got my order in around 3:45am EST.

• Reply 24 of 166
    Quote:

Originally Posted by markbyrn View Post

I finally managed to get an order in via the Apple Store app and it's for 19 Sep pick-up at my local Apple store.

Yep Apple Store app is the way to go.  I still see iPhone 6 and iPhone 6+ in various colors and sizes.

• Reply 25 of 166
    Quote:

Originally Posted by min_t View Post

No, the store is not getting hammered. They forgot to bring it back online. T-mo users are getting screwed out of ordering since T-mo is not an option in the apple store app on IOS devices.

Thanks for using the same network guys from the keynote stream for this launch Mr. Cook. Hope the U2 concert is good.

Haha yah like they would forget.  Hey some noob intern forgot to put up the apple web store page.  Jobs would raise himself from the dead to kick his butt. 

• Reply 26 of 166
    Quote:

Originally Posted by webmonger View Post

Yep Apple Store app is the way to go.  I still see iPhone 6 and iPhone 6+ in various colors and sizes.

The 6+ may be 7-10 business day backordered.  Every so often it will show 9/19.  Might be lagging. 

• Reply 27 of 166
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    6+ Sold out. Will now ship in 14 to 21 business days.
    I thought the 6 would have sold out more quickly than the 6+.
    I hope Apple made enough 6+ units.

Don't forget to order cases.  They will sell out quickly on Friday.

Don't worry, when people realize that this phone is just too damn big they will become available used for cheap! I don't see the 6+ sustaining its selling price and volume for long.
  • Reply 28 of 166
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

By Sunday, we should get the usual concern trolls telling us based on the speed of slipping availability dates and a big dose of bullshit inference that demand must be lower than for the iPhone 5. Just you wait. Happens every year.

Hehe yah sadly it seems only Apple is given this special treatment.  As if any Android or Microsoft product has been this strong in demand.  Time to get on the same media and PR payroll that Google and MS use.  I think the last time there was any demand for an MS product it was the xbox 360 launch nearly 10 years ago.  

• Reply 29 of 166
    Quote:

Originally Posted by webmonger View Post

yeah and on the confirmation e-mail, it says "You can make some changes, such as color or storage size, subject to store availability."  That's good to know.  

• Reply 30 of 166
    Quote:

Originally Posted by wizard69 View Post

Don't worry, when people realize that this phone is just too damn big they will become available used for cheap! I don't see the 6+ sustaining its selling price and volume for long.

Have you seen these crazy big android phones people swear by?  I see the cargo pants craze coming back just so people can pocket these stupid size phones. 

• Reply 31 of 166
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

Our preorders started at 5:01 pm (12:01 am Cupertino time), it's now 7 and still can't get through online or over the phone.

It looks like this is going to be massive...

...again.

I'm going for $A88 a month for unlimited calls and text, 5GB of data, 300 minutes International calls and a 128GB iPhone 6.

Vodafone Australia.

• Reply 32 of 166
    Quote:

Originally Posted by markbyrn View Post

yeah and on the confirmation e-mail, it says "You can make some changes, such as color or storage size, subject to store availability."  That's good to know.  

Of course you need the web store working to do that..  which still does not seem to be the case.  I still see the we will be back page. 

• Reply 33 of 166
    OK. So I placed an order at AT&T around 3:15 EST but never got email confirmation. Went to the Apple Store App to see if I could get indirect confirmation, but got a reservation much like what is depicted in story's update. Went back to AT&T store to see if I could get indirect confirmation by placing another order. While faux ordering I realized the secured credit card info I used before had wrong expiration date, and so placed another actual order. I still haven't gotten confirmation from AT&T. So went back to Apple Store App again. It seems to be connecting to carrier information better now, because I placed an order without problems and received an email confirmation of the order from Apple. I just hope I receive one phone among the THREE orders I've placed in the last two hours.
  • Reply 34 of 166
    Quote:

Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

Our preorders started at 5:01 pm (12:01 am Cupertino time), it's now 7 and still can't get through online or over the phone.

It looks like this is going to be massive...

...again.

I'm going for $A88 a month for unlimited calls and text, 5GB of data, 300 minutes International calls and a 128GB iPhone 6.

Vodafone Australia.

Supposedly started at 12:01am Cupertino time.  I didn't see any sign of life on the store app till about 12:20-30am PT for the silver and black phones.  Unfortunately was not the config I wanted to had to wait for the gold phones to be active about 15-20 min later. 

• Reply 35 of 166
    Quote:

Originally Posted by fleehartsell3 View Post

OK. So I placed an order at AT&T around 3:15 EST but never got email confirmation. Went to the Apple Store App to see if I could get indirect confirmation, but got a reservation much like what is depicted in story's update. Went back to AT&T store to see if I could get indirect confirmation by placing another order. While faux ordering I realized the secured credit card info I used before had wrong expiration date, and so placed another actual order. I still haven't gotten confirmation from AT&T. So went back to Apple Store App again. It seems to be connecting to carrier information better now, because I placed an order without problems and received an email confirmation of the order from Apple. I just hope I receive one phone among the THREE orders I've placed in the last two hours.

It took a good 30-45 minutes to get my email confirm from Apple.

• Reply 36 of 166

Just got in on store.apple.com - no issues whatsoever once it came up.  128GB 4.7" on T-Mobile, delivery date 9/19.

• Reply 37 of 166
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fleehartsell3 View Post

It took a good 30-45 minutes to get my email confirm from Apple.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjstanford View Post

Just got in on store.apple.com - no issues whatsoever once it came up.  128GB 4.7" on T-Mobile, delivery date 9/19.

Hah yah i was just about to post that the web store has come up for me a few minutes ago. 

• Reply 38 of 166

Wow on the online Apple Store TMobile is sold out!!! AT&T and all the others still have units available for sale.

• Reply 39 of 166
    Verizon ordering process was smooth as butter as of 5 am EST. No delays whatsoever... It's like I was the only one on the system.

Ordered iPhone 6 - 16GB for the wifey and 64GB version for myself. I think I will be fine with the 4.7" version.

iPhone 6 Plus was tempting, but may be too big for my pockets.
  • Reply 40 of 166

Is this the iPhone to finally halt and maybe reverse the Android dominance of the smartphone market?  Currently it looks like Android nearing 80% share and eating into Apple's share of emerging markets.  How can we stop this?  I know Apple does not chase market share but develops world-class products that delight users and one Apple customer is worth more than a gaggle of those who settle for poor imitations of Apple products but it never looks good being second.