Apple's iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus now available for preorder [ux2]

Comments

• Reply 41 of 166
    richl wrote: »
    Pre-ordered an iPhone 6+ 128GB. 3-4 weeks for dispatch to the UK. :(  

Looks like availability for the regular iPhone 6 is much better though.
    I was using the phone app and mac, simultaneously refreshing. So ordered as quick as was possible. My date is 30th sept... I wonder if they will deliver ahead of that though. My wife was minutes behind me in ordering and got a date 4 WKs out!
  • Reply 42 of 166

I went through the AT&T site right at 3am. A lot of glitches, and finally got through with an order number, but no confirmation number as of 3 hours later. Still showing my line as available for upgrading on my account page, but they have sent a 'pre-authorization' charge to my credit card. I hope that's a good sign.

I went for the space grey 4.7" in 64GB. 

• Reply 43 of 166

Managed to pre-order iPhone 6 (GSM) with 64GB in space grey! (Delivers 9/19 too :D)

• Reply 44 of 166
    ordered on apple online store@5:30am. 64gb silver att-piece of cake. available for pickup 9/19@grand central apple store. i'll be there @7am when store opens. really easy.
  • Reply 45 of 166
    richlrichl Posts: 2,213member

Remember when DED said that the demand for 5"+ phones was tiny? :)

• Reply 46 of 166

Just ordered 2 iPhone 6 on the Apple Online Store (T-Mobile Unlocked) with no issues. Get 'em while you can!

• Reply 47 of 166
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,362member
    Took a bit of effort but was finally able to place my order for 128 GB Silver Six Plus, aka, Moby.

I'm hoping that I see it before Halloween. Seems like a bit of a wait but I've really been waiting for a year to replace my 4S but the 5S just wasn't a big enough bump up.
  • Reply 48 of 166
    Is this the iPhone to finally halt and maybe reverse the Android dominance of the smartphone market?  Currently it looks like Android nearing 80% share and eating into Apple's share of emerging markets.  How can we stop this?  I know Apple does not chase market share but develops world-class products that delight users and one Apple customer is worth more than a gaggle of those who settle for poor imitations of Apple products but it never looks good being second.

Android seems to have a huge market share because even toasters are running Android.

The real market share for mobile phones is a lot less. Just look at the device usage data from marketing firms and the number seems to be an even split.
  • Reply 49 of 166

These are the current resale prices in Hong Kong. It's crazy! Can fetch nearly up to x2 the original product price.

As an example the top of line iPhone 6 Plus 128Gb sells for $8088 HKD at the Apple store, The resale market value is $16,000 HKD if you take it to the independent Phone vendors who will then probably flog them for even higher value in Mainland China.

• Reply 50 of 166
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by simtub View Post

These are the current resale prices in Hong Kong. It's crazy! Can fetch nearly up to x2 the original product price.

As an example the top of line iPhone 6 Plus 128Gb sells for $8088 HKD at the Apple store, The resale market value is $16,000 HKD if you take it to the independent Phone vendors who will then probably flog them for even higher value in Mainland China.

It's hard for overseas people to put those numbers in context, because we don't know what a normal income is in Hong Kong. But if you say people are willing to pay twice as much then I think Apple should probably put the price up.

• Reply 51 of 166
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    wizard69 wrote: »
    Don't worry, when people realize that this phone is just too damn big they will become available used for cheap! I don't see the 6+ sustaining its selling price and volume for long.
    I swear Apple made this phone just to get people to realize how ridiculous they are.
  • Reply 52 of 166

I am always up at 3:01 ET to order, but last night I just forgot to set the alarm. This morning I had still not remembered, until I looked at AI and saw that the ordering process was in motion. I immediately got on the Apple Store at 7 am ET and had no problems ordering a T-Mobile gold iPhone 6 with 128 gb storage. Delivery is on the 19th which is the earliest possible date. Glad I overslept.

• Reply 53 of 166
    asciiascii Posts: 5,936member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

I swear Apple made this phone just to get people to realize how ridiculous they are.

Remember, there are some people who don't have a PC and use their phone for everything. They are probably willing to put up with a bulky phone in order to have only one device for everything.

• Reply 54 of 166

Quote:

Originally Posted by ascii View Post

Remember, there are some people who don't have a PC and use their phone for everything. They are probably willing to put up with a bulky phone in order to have only one device for everything.

All iPhone 6 models still in stock and ships 9/19. The ones that are shipping later are only the 6+ models.

?By the way, does anyone else have any issues when trying to view the pages for order status / past orders? I'm not getting through, says request can't be processed and to try again later.

• Reply 55 of 166
    Was hoping to "pre-order" iPhone 6+ for delivery on October 4, my eligibility date, 3 weeks away. I can do it, but Phone is full price at $748, plus AT&T said they would absolutely charge me $250 for the "early upgrade fee." Not gonna duit! Guess I have to wait until October 4 to order..... When they then will have no phones in stock, back ordered 6-10 weeks. Preorder? No soup for me!
  • Reply 56 of 166
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Amhran View Post

Apple's servers have failed twice this week. You'd think after the debacle on Tuesday they'd have made better preperations for today...

Yeah, because 3 days is plenty of time, and the right time, to upgrade your entire infrastructure to handle a temporary surge.  Here's an idea... be patient!  If everyone wanted to go to NYC one afternoon, guess what? You'd have massive traffic jams and accidents.  You don't go blaming the department of transportation for not making the road 28 lanes wide... or do you?

Maybe you can go ahead and put your resume in at Apple to help them fix your perceived problem.

• Reply 57 of 166

I am wondering whether many people like the fact that size of the iPhones has increased so much...

http://prosvit.org.ua/survey/question/38/?lang=en

• Reply 58 of 166
    jkichline wrote: »
    Yeah, because 3 days is plenty of time, and the right time, to upgrade your entire infrastructure to handle a temporary surge.  Here's an idea... be patient!  If everyone wanted to go to NYC one afternoon, guess what? You'd have massive traffic jams and accidents.  You don't go blaming the department of transportation for not making the road 28 lanes wide... or do you?

Maybe you can go ahead and put your resume in at Apple to help them fix your perceived problem.

Now if only they took the same approach as with the U2 album...my order would just be sitting there waiting for me hahaha
  • Reply 59 of 166
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    ascii wrote: »
    I suppose. But there's just something about this phone launch that just seems off. I don't know if Apple's heart is really in these larger phones. The design is 'meh' especially the protruding camera. Maybe the company focus was on the watch and phone got less attention. Outside of Apple Pay I didn't see any iOS 8 6 only features that would make me want to upgrade from my 5s. And maybe next year the smaller model will get OIS and the better screen too.
  • Reply 60 of 166

Does anyone else think Apple may need to hire some network engineers? After the very poor live broadcast and then the inability to get into the apple store they may need to think about this.

I did get two iPhone 6+'s ordered via the Verizon store but that was also very choppy and I wasn't successful until 4AM