Apple's iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus now available for preorder [ux2]

Comments

• Reply 81 of 166
    Quote:

Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

We all make predictions that don't pan out.

I honestly didn't think they would mention the Apple Watch this early.

... and you didn't think that they would keep a metal phone in the mid-tier... that Apple would use only plastic because of costs.

That's the nature of predictions.

predictions are one things and just guesses.  Bets and wagers are another, just sayin.

• Reply 82 of 166
    herbapouherbapou Posts: 2,228member

The 6+ is at 4 weeks, will try to get one at the Store on the 19th.

• Reply 83 of 166
    tmaytmay Posts: 6,328member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

The iPhone6+ is already SOLD OUT.

MASSIVE demand for large phone.

Paging Tallest ski......

Pagin Tallest ski......

Paging Tallest ski......

I mean really.  Its time for Tallest ski to admit he was wrong.  When the Samdung Galaxy Note first came out I thought it was the most ridiculous thing ever because of the massive screen.  But I've changed my view because of undeniable evidence of consumer demand.  Mr Tallest Ski its time for you to face the facts.  I have no desire for the 5.5 but I can't deny the massive demand for it.

It's more like "long term pent up" demand for the 6+.

We, and Apple for the most part, won't really have a clue on to ongoing demand for the 6+ until supply stabilizes, which won't be until Apple's 2nd or 3rd quarter. I would expect Apple's first quarter to be record breaking; we'll know that late January of 2015.

I do see this year as a having an especially large number of switchers from Android, driven by the 6+.

As an aside, I'm almost certain to be able to walk into my local Apple store and pick up a 6+ 128 in Space Grey the first day; Sprint users don't  see the demand constraints as AT&T and Verizon users.

• Reply 84 of 166
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by airnerd View Post

predictions are one things and just guesses.  Bets and wagers are another, just sayin.

Did TS ever take the bet?

... just sayin...

• Reply 85 of 166
    Samsung cashes in either way. One hand washes the other.
  • Reply 86 of 166
    What a waste of money! Why do Americans these days always feel the need to get the latest iStuff? There is barely any difference between the very first iPhone and the latest model. A touch screen phone with internet... WOW!

You shouldn't be able to complain about the economy or your own personal financial situation if you blow your money on trivial Apple crap.

Many American have a steak taste on a hamburger budget . That's part of the problem we now face from a long time ago. Barrow to the max and then whine about now having enough money . Nice house , car or truck and boat. Can you afford them or does it really matter at this period of time?

I'm just gonna make smart decisions with my money so I don't end up with an empty bank account:

1) Paying off my debts as they come to me. Never holding a credit card balance longer than a month. If this means living in a small studio apartment and eating ramen, rice, and beans, so be it.

2) I will always buy small, fuel efficient and durable cars. I drive a 2006 Honda Civic now. It costs me nothing to fill up and next to nothing to insure ($25/month from Insurance Panda%u2026 woohoo!). I will not drive when I don%u2019t need to, and use public transportation whenever possible.

3) Developing multiple revenue streams. Doing side jobs. Building up small businesses. Doing contract work. Basically doing whatever I can to generate income from multiple sources.

4) Grow my revenue and assets no matter what. Make sure I am always expanding and develop them to the point that they consistently generate reliable cash flow.

5) The most important one - make as much as I can. Save as much as I can.

iPhones... ecigarettes... Starbucks... Chipotle Burritos...new clothes.. organic lipgloss... expensive yoga classes. Why not try living in your means for once? No wonder we have a debt crisis.
  • Reply 86 of 166
    carthusia wrote: »
    ordered on apple online store@5:30am. 64gb silver att-piece of cake. available for pickup 9/19@grand central apple store. i'll be there @7am when store opens. really easy.
    mine is available for pick up at w14 9/19
  • Reply 88 of 166
    [IMG]http://forums.appleinsider.com/content/type/61/id/48702/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

Wonder why Verizon told me it'll be shipped today!! iPhone 6+ 128gb.
  • Reply 89 of 166
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    Did anyone succeed in pre-ordering a 6 Plus with delivery on the 19th?

The best I could do was shipping in 7-10 business days.

The App kept stalling/crashing interrupting every attempt. I'm really not happy about that, I was there and ready, had the device selected....couldn't add to cart because the service was broken....had to start over....by then it appeared the shipping had slipped.

However, I saw no evidence at any time that there were ANY 6 Plus models available to deliver on launch day. I don't think demand is overwhelmingly high for the 6 Plus, I think supply is ridiculously low.
  • Reply 90 of 166
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Responses so far from family members:

Daughter (35) uses 5S      “Too big”

Son (31) uses 5S               “Too f**cking big”

Son (37) uses 5S               “That’s a really big f**cker”

Son-in-law (37) uses 5S     “I’m too busy”

Me and wife (64)    using Pantec dumb phones      “We’ll take a look”
  • Reply 91 of 166
    Quote:

Im not talking about our wager. Im refering to Tallest Ski saying that Apple should never make a 5.5 phone because its too big to be a phone. He went as far as to say that anyone buying a 5.5 is an idiot.

Its fine to have an opinion about a product. But Tallest Ski thinks anyone who does not share his opinion that a 5.5 phone is a horrible idea is an idiot.

Looking at the massive demand for the 6+ Its pretty obvious Mr Ski is wrong

Glass houses etc.

I always believed that there was demand for large phones... actually, at a time when you castigated me for believing it. I never believed that Apple would make a 5.5" phone... not because demand didn't warrant it, but because I didn't feel it was necessary for Apple to build one if a 4.7" model was made.

It's in TS's nature... I remember the naming debate... same thing... big deal. Let it rest.

• Reply 92 of 166
    Quote:

Nope. He was too chicken. He talks a big game but when he had to back it up he went into hiding.

I give credit to those who did agree to the wager. At least they were willing to walk the walk. And thats why i told the people who lost the wager to keep posting. I will not enforce the ban. I just wanted to see if people truly believe in what they say. Obviously Tallest Ski did not and thats why he refused the wager

What if I had asked you to walk the walk on the mid tier plastic phone (I always believed the 5S would move to mid-tier)... would you have done it?

• Reply 93 of 166

Personally I don't think there's massive demand for the 6+

Here in the UK if there were any 6+ for delivery on the 19th they were gone within 20 minutes, it's more likely that there simply were not any at all available for delivery 19th. Same might be worldwide? So the delivery estimates of n weeks are because no-one is getting a 6+ on 19th not because of massive demand. Of course I could be wrong.

I ordered a 6 for the missus. I ordered a 6+ for myself.

I expect the 6+ to be too large for me as a phone. I still wish they had a 3.5" iPhone6 as for me the 4s is the best size (eyes permitting).

If the iPhone 6 is too large for me then I will buy another 6 for me and keep the 6+ as a development and gaming device that won't leave the house.

I was planning on buying a PS4 soon, but now I might just use the iPhone6+ for gaming.

Then again, of course next month there'll likely be new iPads so I'll get at least one of those :)

• Reply 94 of 166
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    sog35 wrote: »
    Im not talking about our wager. Im refering to Tallest Ski saying that Apple should never make a 5.5 phone because its too big to be a phone. He went as far as to say that anyone buying a 5.5 is an idiot.

Its fine to have an opinion about a product. But Tallest Ski thinks anyone who does not share his opinion that a 5.5 phone is a horrible idea is an idiot.

Looking at the massive demand for the 6+ Its pretty obvious Mr Ski is wrong

How can we know how massive the demand is when we don't know what the supply is? The Moto Almost 360 sold out right away too, I doubt it's because of heavy demand. My guess is there's more supply available for the 6 than the 6+.
  • Reply 95 of 166
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    Then they would have also made a 4" iPhone 6 and shown how much more people wanted that device size.

---

Oh and people PLEASE stop proclaiming the 6+ is selling better then the 6. You're embarrassing yourself.

Apple should have gone with 4" and 5". 5" would be big enough for those who want a larger phone and the 4" would be perfect for those of us who value one handed use (and not having to double tap on the home button to reach the back button in apps). But I'm sure the phablet will artificially sell well since Apple created artificial differentiation by giving it a better screen and camera. I wonder how many are buying the 5.5" not because of the size but because of camera, screen and battery life.
  • Reply 96 of 166
    mr omr o Posts: 1,046member

The iPhone 6 is a thing of beauty, isn't she?

The rounded edges and glass make it very durable when you drop your phone. There are no sharp edges that can break off. The forces are evenly absorbed and distributed by the rounded corners.

The proportions of the iPhone 6 are ace. I always found the iPhone 5/5S odd looking. But the iPhone 6 nails it. This is an instant classic.

I am not too keen on the iPhone 6+. It is a fad to me. Phablets (any phone bigger than 5") are Samsung territory. iPhone 6+ is neither portable, nor productive (read: not as productive as the iPad mini). How long before the phab gang starts yearning for a 6.5" iPhone? And what happened to Continuity? Isn't the iPhone supposed to transform your iPad mini into a phone?

Please bring back the 3.5" iPhone. It'll look ace with the rounded glass edge concept and coloured plastic back. An iPhone mini is actually all you need to turn your iDevices into a phone?

• Reply 97 of 166
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Apple should have gone with 4" and 5". 5" would be big enough for those who want a larger phone and the 4" would be perfect for those of us who value one handed use (and not having to double tap on the home button to reach the back button in apps). But I'm sure the phablet will artificially sell well since Apple created artificial differentiation by giving it a better screen and camera. I wonder how many are buying the 5.5" not because of the size but because of camera, screen and battery life.

Does Joe and Jane average know anything about screen quality?

And people buy smart phones for camera?

Edit: Looks like the screen's only advantage on the + is higher PPI, its actually got worse contrast ratio.  And according to Apple's site, the camera is identical in the two models (as is almost everything, except battery)

• Reply 98 of 166
    Originally Posted by thetorrey View Post

Why is T-Mobile not listed as an option for Carriers when ordering?

Originally Posted by min_t View Post

No, the store is not getting hammered. They forgot to bring it back online. 

Uh huh¡

Paging Tallest ski......

Learn how to read the English language. Last request.

• Reply 99 of 166

YES! They finally fixed something on their end and my reservation number linked up with my Apple ID - looks like I'll be getting a space gray 128gb 6+ on the 19th!!! :smokey:

• Reply 100 of 166
    I don't know why everyone is surprised at the preorder problems. The same thing happened last year with the 5s. I wake up right before 3 (EDT) to preorder, sit for an hour refreshing the Apple Store site only to see "We'll be back soon,"%u2014not soon enough%u2014 at the same time dialing and redialing My Apple with no success. Finally giving up at 4 a.m.

Now this morning I find that I can order a new iPhone to be delivered 3 to 4 weeks and just like last year, in 3 to 4 weeks I will not be home to sign for the delivery. Now do I continue to play the game and get up early on release day to stand in line at my, not so local, Apple Store hoping that I'll be close enough to the front of the line in order to get a new phone which may or may not be the one I wanted.

Come on Apple. Get your act together. I'm getting too old to lose 2 nights of sleep.