Apple's iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus now available for preorder [ux2]

Comments

• Reply 101 of 166

went right into Verizon today. Transfering from Virgin Mobile, was in and out in 15 minutes. Went with a 6 64gb in Black. Shipped to me on the 19th. 

Joy to the world.

• Reply 102 of 166
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by joelsalt View Post

And people buy smart phones for camera?

...  And according to Apple's site, the camera is identical in the two models 

Yes, as been the case for several years the iPhone is the most popular camera in the world.

The camera is not identical, The plus has optical image stabilization (OIS), which is pretty significant.

• Reply 103 of 166
    chadbagchadbag Posts: 1,999member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pmz View Post

Did anyone succeed in pre-ordering a 6 Plus with delivery on the 19th?

Yes, I got a 6plus 128GB Gold ATT at around 12:45am PDT using the Apple Store app and the confirmation says 9/19 delivery.  Took persistence to get through and the store said "currently unavailable" for all models but once you got through and did checkout it said 9/19.

Last year on the 5S I was in and out in 10 minutes and still had to wait 3 extra weeks for the Gold 5S 64GB AT&T so it seems that availability is better this year.

Even now, from AT&T I can get a 6 (not plus) 128GB Gold with delivery on 9/19 and can also do in store pick up from Apple Store at one of the Utah stores for a 64GB Gold 6 on 9/19, I think it was T-Mobile (looked it up before I did the AT&T website lookup).

• Reply 104 of 166
    chadbagchadbag Posts: 1,999member

Anyone have any experience ordering from AT&T at the no-contract price, and canceling service the day the phone arrives?  They won't let me buy it without any service but since it is no contract, I should be able to cancel the day the phone arrives.  I want a second phone for dev purposes and don't need to pay for extra service.  Want to get a straight 6

Plus, if I don't like 6 plus, I can use the 6 by switching SIMs.

• Reply 105 of 166

Hey Samsung.  The next big thing is here and this is what it looks like.

• Reply 106 of 166

I got my order in at 2:10  AM (12:01 PST) on AT&T  I got the confirmation page right away. No email til almost 9 AM CST this morning.  And the info did not have a ship date. In last hour it got a ship date of 10/31 to 11/11.  So even though I was in early I guess I was already far, far behind others doing orders on AT& T and orders specifically for Iphone 6 Plus 128 GB.  Well at least it is coming, I guess for now I just have to suffer with my "old" 64 GB 5S ;-)

• Reply 107 of 166
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

The iPhone6+ is already SOLD OUT.

MASSIVE demand for large phone.

Paging Tallest ski......

Pagin Tallest ski......

Paging Tallest ski......

I mean really.  Its time for Tallest ski to admit he was wrong.  When the Samdung Galaxy Note first came out I thought it was the most ridiculous thing ever because of the massive screen.  But I've changed my view because of undeniable evidence of consumer demand.  Mr Tallest Ski its time for you to face the facts.  I have no desire for the 5.5 but I can't deny the massive demand for it.

It could also mean a lower availability, although I do agree it'll sell as well as the 4.7 inch.

• Reply 108 of 166
    Quote:

Originally Posted by joelsalt View Post

And according to Apple's site, the camera is identical in the two models (as is almost everything, except battery)

Optical image stabilization on the 6+, that's not found on the 6.

• Reply 109 of 166
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pawolverine View Post

Come on Apple. Get your act together. I'm getting too old to lose 2 nights of sleep.

Would you prefer that Apple had delayed the launch by a few months?

There's only so many millions of phones to go around.

• Reply 110 of 166
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

How can we know how massive the demand is when we don't know what the supply is? 

Because it's Apple, that's how. 

This is not some crappy company making 10,000 phones and then selling out.

If Apple sold out of something, you can bet your ass that the demand is massive.

• Reply 111 of 166
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Apple should have gone with 4" and 5". 5" would be big enough for those who want a larger phone and the 4" would be perfect for those of us who value one handed use (and not having to double tap on the home button to reach the back button in apps). But I'm sure the phablet will artificially sell well since Apple created artificial differentiation by giving it a better screen and camera. I wonder how many are buying the 5.5" not because of the size but because of camera, screen and battery life.

I'm one of those people who actually bought the 5.5" because of the optical image stabilization on the camera. I would have preferred to buy the 4.7" model.

• Reply 112 of 166
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Because it's Apple, that's how. 

This is not some crappy company making 10,000 phones and then selling out.

If Apple sold out of something, you can bet your ass that the demand is massive.

AT&T CEO already announced this morning that it's much higher than the 5s demand.  I can't wait to see the results after next weekend!

• Reply 113 of 166
    By Sunday, we should get the usual concern trolls telling us based on the speed of slipping availability dates and a big dose of bullshit inference that demand must be lower than for the iPhone 5. Just you wait. Happens every year.

For the biggest example of this entitled whining, just go look at the top story on The Verge. What a crybaby bonanza.
  • Reply 114 of 166
    boltsfan17 wrote: »
    I'm one of those people who actually bought the 5.5" because of the optical image stabilization on the camera. I would have preferred to buy the 4.7" model.

I'll probably get the 4.7". The 5.5" looks just a bit too big for me.
  • Reply 115 of 166
    Quote:

Originally Posted by shard View Post

Android seems to have a huge market share because even toasters are running Android.

The real market share for mobile phones is a lot less. Just look at the device usage data from marketing firms and the number seems to be an even split.

And look at the mobile app and web usage numbers..  It seems android users are just buying a cheap smartphone with whistles and bells they don't plan to use or want just in case.  To them it is a feature phone with some extra features.  

• Reply 116 of 166
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sammysamsam View Post

Is this the iPhone to finally halt and maybe reverse the Android dominance of the smartphone market?  Currently it looks like Android nearing 80% share and eating into Apple's share of emerging markets.  How can we stop this?  I know Apple does not chase market share but develops world-class products that delight users and one Apple customer is worth more than a gaggle of those who settle for poor imitations of Apple products but it never looks good being second.

Dominance of the low price point! And failed phones like the FB HTC and Amazon Fire sale. Yay! and noobs that don't use the phone. Plus any product with memory that can claim to run Android even if they are not phones. 

Look at the mobile and web usage numbers.  Most android users don't use their phone for much other than a phone with some bonus whistles and bells.  

• Reply 117 of 166
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jpokorny View Post

I had a 3GS for 3 years,  then I upgraded to the 5. I preorded my 6 last night. There isn't much change from the 5s to the 6. I wouldn't expect there to be since it's only 1 generation apart. I could have kept my 5 longer, but want the touch ID, and will give my 5 to my daughter.

There is a lot of improvement from the 5 to the 6.  Read the specs again.  Can also check the phone comparison page.  The 5C is more or less a 5. 

• Reply 118 of 166
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

For the biggest example of this entitled whining, just go look at the top story on The Verge. What a crybaby bonanza.

Regardless... For long time iPhone users, I think there should be a better process to order a new phone.

Nothing says you're not important to Apple like having to wait in line with everyone else, even though you've bought at least 3 or 4 iPhones since 2007.

• Reply 119 of 166
    the contract-free T-Mobile version will start at $749 for the iPhone 6 and $849 for the iPhone 6 Plus,

Who writes this garbage?
  • Reply 119 of 166
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pawolverine View Post

Come on Apple. Get your act together. I'm getting too old to lose 2 nights of sleep.

If you are getting old you should also be getting wiser and more patient. Just wait a month, walk into your Apple store, select the phone you want, and walk out – 10 minutes or less.