AppleTV removed from product category on Apple Store **Updated--See Comments Below

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited September 2014

Not sure what to make of this, but Apple sure made a lot of if when they added it.  Anyone have any insight into this?  I need another TV box and am not sure if I should invest more with Apple in this product.  This seems so odd since they just added several new channels in last couple of weeks.

Comments

• Reply 2 of 6

I see it there, but it is no longer listed along the top bar of product categories when you go into the online store.  It was removed and the apple watch was added.  It might just be because of the limited amount of space there, but a big deal was made when they added it before.  It was there earlier this week.

• Reply 3 of 6
    Originally Posted by mgcsooner View Post
    Not sure what to make of this, but Apple sure made a lot of if when they added it.

Literally right there. Top bar. store.apple.com

• Reply 4 of 6

uhg  I see it now,  but I thought it had also been across the top gray bar when you go to Apple.com.  Maybe I'm going nuts.  Sorry about that.

• Reply 5 of 6
    Originally Posted by mgcsooner View Post

uhg  I see it now,  but I thought it had also been across the top gray bar when you go to Apple.com.  Maybe I'm going nuts.  Sorry about that.

Ah, no; the Apple TV has never been up there, unfortunately. It was always under iTunes before.

Shame. It needs its own category.

• Reply 6 of 6

Ironically today-Tim Cook on Apple TV in candid interview today: Big changes still in the works--almost slipped as something is coming to AppleTV, also mentions new products not yet rumored in works.  http://j.mp/1oDOcND