Online Apple Store down ahead of iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus preorders

191011121315»

Comments

• Reply 281 of 293
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    philboogie wrote: »
    No option for you to order through one of your friends at a Store? I understand the little amount of purchases they are allowed per year though...

No. Chance. Whatsoever.
  • Reply 282 of 293
    gtr wrote: »
    philboogie wrote: »
    No option for you to order through one of your friends at a Store? I understand the little amount of purchases they are allowed per year though...

No. Chance. Whatsoever.

A. ????. Shame.

Edit. Then again, it's usually 10% or 15%
  • Reply 283 of 293
    radarthekatradarthekat Posts: 3,842moderator
    macmarcus wrote: »
    I JUST thought of this...and haven't read anything about this potential issue anywhere. Won't you need an Internet connection at the time of the transaction in order to use Apple Pay??? That could be an issue for some business locations right...

I don't see why you would need an Internet connection. The phone has in it the tokens representing each of your cards, with one selected as the default method of payment. When you reach the register, you turn on your phone, on the lock screen it shows the default card. If you want to use another, there will likely be a means to jump directly to Passbook to allow you to select the card you wish to use. Regardless, once you have selected the card to apply the charge to, you hold the phone near the NFC reader and touch the Phone's home button to verify your identity. The NFC scanner and back end systems in the store do the rest. No Internet connection to the phone required for any part of this process.

Same with the Apple Watch when it becomes available. It will use Blue Tooth Low Energy to connect to the iPhone in your pocket if need be and NFC to communicate with the NFC card reader at the register. No Internet connection to either device needed.
  • Reply 284 of 293
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Velo Randy View Post

Apple does so many things right, but they tarnish it with these horrible product launches. Their market research must have led them to believe the demand would be overwhelming, but ya gotta think they don't mind much if there is just this one day debacle once a year.... as folks will wait & order their iPhones regardless. I guess it's good PR that their products are so popular that the folks will do whatever to get their hands on them (like I did getting up at 2:55am), LOL

I wonder if iPhone addict is more addicted to his drug than a crack addict?

• Reply 285 of 293
    Quote:

Originally Posted by RadarTheKat View Post

I don't see why you would need an Internet connection. The phone has in it the tokens representing each of your cards, with one selected as the default method of payment. When you reach the register, you turn on your phone, on the lock screen it shows the default card. If you want to use another, there will likely be a means to jump directly to Passbook to allow you to select the card you wish to use. Regardless, once you have selected the card to apply the charge to, you hold the phone near the NFC reader and touch the Phone's home button to verify your identity. The NFC scanner and back end systems in the store do the rest. No Internet connection to the phone required for any part of this process.

Same with the Apple Watch when it becomes available. It will use Blue Tooth Low Energy to connect to the iPhone in your pocket if need be and NFC to communicate with the NFC card reader at the register. No Internet connection to either device needed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacMarcus View Post

I JUST thought of this...and haven't read anything about this potential issue anywhere. Won't you need an Internet connection at the time of the transaction in order to use Apple Pay??? That could be an issue for some business locations right...

So many idiots who know nothing and so little time to enlighten them

• Reply 286 of 293
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

I'm refreshing like fucking crazy..nothing yet. 

I prefer my refreshing to be somewhat more relaxing.

• Reply 287 of 293
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bdkennedy1 View Post

Dear Apple,

I woke up drunk and have to go to work in 6 hours. Let's move it along, please.

You have to be drunk to go to work ...

Where can I get an application?

The Drunk Nude Celebrity Hotline.

• Reply 288 of 293
    Quote:

Hey guys ...

It's tomorrow ...

No, it's today.

• Reply 289 of 293
    Quote:

Mmm ... I'm learning how to say WTF in multiple languages -- col!

My swearing's not good in foreign.

Que le sex?

• Reply 290 of 293
    Que le sex?

That's 3 different languages in a 3 word sentence. Spanish, French, and English. ????
  • Reply 291 of 293

I feel for the poor bastards tearing their hair out. I would have preferred them all to be able to order iPhones immediately. What with the Keynote freezefest plus this, it's a bit of a two-blipper for Apple. What will the third mishap be?

Needless to say, a little patience would have gone a long way in preserving their sanity; waiting a few days is no great hardship.

As a shareholder, however, monumental demand is good news. Sounds as though the Plus is selling the most, also good being the most expensive. It seems to be the most in demand in the UK Store.

• Reply 292 of 293

Que le sex?

Here ya' go for starters: Mierda, Scheise and Merde!

To answer your specific pregunta -- the verb is chengar.
  • Reply 293 of 293

Que le sex?

Here ya' go for starters: Mierda, Scheise and Merde!

To answer your specific pregunta -- the verb is chengar.

Thanks! I knew Scheise and Merde, but not Mierda.