Samsung calls Apple's iPhone 6 Plus a Galaxy Note imitation in new ad

Comments

• Reply 61 of 206
    Samsung reminds me of an immature co-worker of mine. He's so focused on trying to point out other people's short comings that he doesn't get his own work done.
  • Reply 62 of 206
    It is a pathetic approach from Samsung as usual. However, it is normal to make different sizes of a product as Apple did with the iPod and their Macs. It seems Samsung is proud of making a phone with a big screen and it thinks it is an invention. I still remember when they said about the first iPhone "monstrously big". This aggressive strategy from Samsung in their ads means one thing : they are scared to death from the new iPhone sales. Many of my friends told me that they bought Galaxy note because they need a bigger screen and they want to buy an iPhone plus now.
    This kind of ads will just boost Apple fans' desire to stick with Apple because Samsung is making it personal with Apple fans.
  • Reply 63 of 206
    Sales 101: NEVER sell by belittling your competition. It makes you look so desperate and pathetic. It's astonishing that nobody @ a corporation the size of Samsung gets this. In the end they're doing Apple a favor. It really does make Samsung look bad.
    especially when those same people could buy other products from you like TVs and Refrigerators.
  • Reply 64 of 206
    The truth hurts, Samsung fans:
    You can thank Dell for paving the road to Phablets. If we want to get technical, LG beat Dell at it too.
  • Reply 65 of 206
    The truth hurts, Samsung fans:
    You can thank Dell for paving the road to Phablets. If we want to get technical, LG beat Dell at it too.
  • Reply 66 of 206
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Please samsung, tell me who was the one paying millions in patent infringements to apple! These ads are completely false and completely tasteless. And samsung has not been "excelling" at making phablets at all! Good try! You'd have to have an iQ of a squirrel to believe those lies.
  • Reply 67 of 206
    Quote:

Originally Posted by asdasd View Post

This is marketing not sales. Plenty of surveys show that negative marketing doesn't appeal to the unconverted. Samsung fans will love these. Other people might go "Apple has a new large screened phone?"

Marketing IS sales. 

• Reply 68 of 206
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    I love how Samsung is giving the new iPhones free marketing. :)
  • Reply 69 of 206
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Cotsis View Post

Marketing IS sales. 

No.

• Reply 70 of 206
    The ads were just meh. Expect the counter move by Apple soon. They're not asleep at the wheel and knew they were coming. The ads for the [B]usability[/B] of a large screen phone will be coming out this week I'm sure.

It'd be awesome if they showed how many Notes have been sold since the Note 1 and how many 6+ iPhones were preordered. Now that would show who "popularized" the big screen form factor.
  • Reply 71 of 206
    To be fair, Steve Jobs did make the monumental mistake of not seeing the value of making a larger iPhone and resisted even discussing it. Samsung seized on the opportunity to take business from Apple all these years. To Tim Cook's credit, he has the courage to admit the mistake and change course. And now Samsung is running scare because Apple is taking away the only space they have to compete. The vulgar ads only affirm Samsung's fear and panic. In the end, add are just adds, consumers vote with their money - iPhone 6 Plus sold out! History will prove that it's not the larger size that will dismantle Samsung, it's Apple Pay. Apple is the only company in this planet that has the vertical know-hows to make mobile payment a reality, not Samsung, not Google, not eBay, not Amazon.
  • Reply 72 of 206
    wood1208wood1208 Posts: 2,905member

Samsung trying to influence weak minded smartphone buyers. This is a  way of marketing in many part of the world. So, why not use human weakness !!!

• Reply 73 of 206
    Samsung's commercial is interesting as it highlights it's own failure to be commercially successful, noting it was three years ahead of its time, and some criticisms it endured. The samsung commercial did not bash apple; it used apples entry into the big phone as validation for their own product category.

We will see what Samsung has to offer to counter apples iPhone 6 plus.
  • Reply 74 of 206
    What did Samesung say about the first iPhone?? Something to the effect that "nobody want a phone that big!" So Samesung first started by jumping on the Apple bandwagon about "large" screen sizes... :?
  • Reply 75 of 206
    heliahelia Posts: 170member

Two things are infinite: the universe, and Samsung obnoxiousness and impudence; and I' m not sure about the universe.

• Reply 76 of 206
    asdasd wrote: »
    No.

I think HTC will beg to differ.
  • Reply 77 of 206
    I still would be happy with a iPhone 6 sized as the 5s... I guess most people just think different :/
  • Reply 78 of 206
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    I think HTC will beg to differ.

What? They send their marketing dept out to sell? Sales is when actual humans go sell you something. That's not the same as designing a website or an advertising campaign.
  • Reply 79 of 206

they are worried- clearly. it is an attempt to do whatever they can to stay relevant. it costs too much money to make 80 different phones a year that do not sell as well as their competition's one (or in this case 2) phone.

the only smart thing that they are doing right now is free, instead of paying billions in advertising that does not help at all in selling your phone.

instead of just 'borrowing' apple's designs, they should 'borrow' apple's mobile phone marketing strategy: do not bother showing your competition in your commercials (negatively or at all).

• Reply 80 of 206
    asdasd wrote: »
    What? They send their marketing dept out to sell? Sales is when actual humans go sell you something. That's not the same as designing a website or an advertising campaign.

The OP meant that marketing leads to increased sales. It has nothing to do with corporate departments.

sale
    plural noun: sales

1.the exchange of a commodity for money; the action of selling something