Samsung calls Apple's iPhone 6 Plus a Galaxy Note imitation in new ad

Comments

• Reply 141 of 206
    jungmark wrote: »
    Who's saying that? Analysts? Hahahaha. It may be a factor to lore Fandroids but I doubt it's the driving force. The driving force is a New iPhone.

Many here. Try reading a few comments.
  • Reply 142 of 206
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    Yet many are bragging that the bigger screen is the driving force behind the increase in preorders.

Sog35 doesn't count. ;)

I have stated before I don't want a larger screen, but I'm buying the iPhone 6 because I want a new iPhone, and I want to use Apple Pay and Apple Watch. If the iPhone 6 was also available in a 4.0-inch size, then that's the one I would buy. But it is not, so I ordered the smallest screen available. Don't confuse that with wanting a larger screen size, as sog35 does.
  • Reply 143 of 206
    Sog35 doesn't count. ;)

I have stated before I don't want a larger screen, but I'm buying the iPhone 6 because I want a new iPhone, and I want to use Apple Pay and Apple Watch. If the iPhone 6 was also available in a 4.0-inch size, then that's the one I would buy. But it is not, so I ordered the smallest screen available. Don't confuse that with wanting a larger screen size, as sog35 does.

I thought [@]Sog35[/@] was the resident expert in big screen iPhones? ????

Edit: Speaking about big screen iPhones, whatever happened to [@]pedromartins[/@]?
  • Reply 144 of 206
    Quote:

Originally Posted by smileymcsmiles View Post

Sansung executives are going to be poopin "purple twinkies" tomorrow when we hear how many iPhone 6+ numbers were pre-ordered over the weekend.

Oh yeah... Have Samsung Notes ever been on backorder for weeks at a time?  How come Samsung never takes pot shots at other "large" phone manufacturers such as LG, Sony & HTC... since they claim to be the "innovators" of large screen phones? Please... 

Has Samsung "ever" released a product that the "media" has anticipated and salivated for?

To make such claims of imitators, you've gotta have a set of stones... especially when losing a law suit about just that... Imitating/copying.

At the end of the day it's about numbers and demand... and apple has both.  No Android nor Samsung "cronie" can say otherwise.

The answer was 4 million in 3 days.

• Reply 145 of 206
    markbyrn wrote: »
    I remember the days when Apple used negative advertising to bash Windows. Never impressed me as a Windows user (rather quite the opposite) and of course never considered getting a Mac until long after the iPhone came out when the Macs were not only substantially improved but offered synergy with the iDevices. I do own an Android device (LG Nexus 5) and when it comes to upgrading that, I won't be considering any Samsung devices - I'm not going to buy from a company that bashes a product that I enjoy using.

It's not just that Samsung bashes the iPhone, it's that they bash iPhone users. That is where I take issue. Windows Cortana vs Siri commercials don't really bother me, but Samsung directs most of their negativity, mocking users of Apple products rather than the products themselves and that certainly isn't going to win their business.
  • Reply 146 of 206
    So you ditch what's successful for you to do something that has been successful for someone else?

Doesn’t matter anymore what you and others that still wanted a 4" new iPhone. Apple said no and stopped making it. So either get over it or buy the 5S. Now you know how all the other people that wanted bigger screens feel like. Welcome to the club. Well, I guess now you're in your own club now because we now have bigger screens.
  • Reply 147 of 206
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    So you ditch what's successful for you to do something that has been successful for someone else?

You ditch something successful for something that will be more successful. Witness the iPod mini and iPod nano.
  • Reply 148 of 206
    When in the history of the iPhone was it ever about specs?
    Up until iPhone 4s the iPhone largely surpassed nearly all competitors in specs. Appleinsider used to even post spec by spec, feature by feature comparison sheets on here. The 4s was the last phone they've done that with. The only thing that makes the 6 or 6 plus "better" than Samsung's phones is iOS 8. As far as hardware goes why doesn't somebody try to explain how it's a "better phone in every way". People keep saying it isn't about specs, well what is it about then? Enlighten me.
  • Reply 149 of 206
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    pigybank wrote: »
    Up until iPhone 4s the iPhone largely surpassed nearly all competitors in specs. Appleinsider used to even post spec by spec, feature by feature comparison sheets on here. The 4s was the last phone they've done that with. The only thing that makes the 6 or 6 plus "better" than Samsung's phones is iOS 8. As far as hardware goes why doesn't somebody try to explain how it's a "better phone in every way". People keep saying it isn't about specs, well what is it about then? Enlighten me.

It's not the specs but the entire experience. Everything works together as efficiently as possible.
  • Reply 150 of 206
    ipenipen Posts: 410member

SJ was wrong when he said any size smaller than ipad was useless, now Apple has the ipad mini.

SJ was wrong when he said that no one will buy a big screen phone, now Apple has the iphone6+.

I wonder what's the next thing that SJ was wrong about.  I miss him... 

• Reply 151 of 206
    adybadyb Posts: 205member
    I still would be happy with a iPhone 6 sized as the 5s... I guess most people just think different :/

No - I would have been very happy with a 4" iPhone 6 too. My 4S is starting to creak but I won't decide on which way to go (5s or 6) until I've handled the 6 and know how big it feels to me.
  • Reply 152 of 206
    ipen wrote: »
    SJ was wrong when he said any size smaller than ipad was useless, now Apple has the ipad mini.
    SJ was wrong when he said that no one will buy a big screen phone, now Apple has the iphone6+.
    I wonder what's the next thing that SJ was wrong about.  I miss him... 

Do you have citations for any of those comments because I don't recall Jobs saying any of those things.
  • Reply 153 of 206
    solipsismx wrote: »
    Do you have citations for any of those comments because I don't recall Jobs saying any of those things.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/16/jobs-no-ones-going-to-buy-a-big-phone/

And I'm guessing the OP was alluding to this.
    There are clear limits of how close you can place physical elements on a touch screen, before users cannot reliably tap, flick or pinch them. This is one of the key reasons we think the 10-inch screen size is the minimum size required to create great tablet apps.
  • Reply 154 of 206
    We'll see who's imitating who when iPhone 6 Plus outsells the Note by 300%
  • Reply 155 of 206
    pigybank wrote: »

You're confusing what you think the iPhone is about with how Apple communicates to the world about the iPhone. And maybe I didn't make my point clearer, so let me rephrase my earlier statement: when has Apple made the iPhone all about its technical specs? Apple itself releases very few actual technical specs, and never without context of user benefit. For example, the clock speed of the processor isn't something Apple puts in the iPhone's spec sheet. The only thing we get is A8 and 64-bit. And it's not because Apple wants to keep it mysterious; it's to keep people from focusing on it. During the 1990s before the intel Pentium 4, Intel and other PC makers would advertise clock speed and intel expected the Pentium 4's deeply pipelined NetBurst architecture to scale up to 10Ghz. It didn't. NetBurst couldn't get past it's own thermal barrier at 4.0Ghz. That spelled the end of NetBurst as well as clock speed race. People had been conditioned to compare clock speeds and equate that to better performance. And that's the problem.

The Apple Watch is perhaps the best marketed piece of tech: no specs whatsoever. We don't know what's in the thing other than the opaque labels "Taptic Engine" and "S1." And Apple's point is: it shouldn't matter. It's about how technology benefits your life. Look at the empowering "Your Verse" ads as an example of what I'm talking about. The technology disappears beneath the user. Are you starting to get that, or are you still hung up on worshipping techie specs?
  • Reply 156 of 206
    Apple copied screen size, how dare they, next they might release a new curved screen iPhone, and then they copied them again.
  • Reply 157 of 206
    Originally Posted by ipen View Post

SJ was wrong when he said any size smaller than ipad was useless

It is useless as a tablet. Great for reading, terrible for everything else.

• Reply 158 of 206
    Hi guys I am new to this forum so please be gentle lol. Before I begin let me say that I do not work or have ever been employed by Apple or Samsung; so my opinion is just that my opinion. I have read every comment on this thread and some of you guys seem to be missing the point of what Samsung is trying to do and that is sell phones. I don't believe Samsung is as scared as many here want to think. It seems that the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus or severely delayed. Now I don't know if this is because Apple is trying to create a bigger demand for the phone by only releasing a certain number of devices at launch or if Apple is 100% backordered on the iPhone 6. I really hope it is the latter and not the former in this case.

Once Samsung got wind that the iPhone 6's were out of stock, I'm sure Samsung were licking their chops. It's like someone throwing you a 60 mile an hour fast ball over home plate, you're going to try to knock it out the park lol. Samsung see's this as their moment to push the Note 4, and keep in mind these iPhone 6 delays are going to push people to the Note 4 or any other device out there that is available NOW. Say what you want about Samsung but they are smart. They let Apple release their phones first and set a price on the iPhone 6 and now they are coming to undercut them. "IPhone 6 is delayed and is inferior to our product that is cheaper, has more features, better specs, and is available now" that is Samsung's message in these commercials. Most companies would make these same commercials that Samsung put out over the weekend against the iPhone. I want to drive this point across that it is business people. This is what a company is suppose to do and I don't blame them one bit.

Again I own no share or stocks in either company, I'm just analyzing all of this as an outsider. I like Apple and I like Samsung both for different reasons. I really hope Apple does make a response commercial and goes at Samsung, that way both companies are under intense pressure. Even if you don't agree with my logic, or way of thinking at least let's agree that competition is good for the consumer (me and you). Sammy would not have to put super amoled displays in their devices if it were not for the iPhone and Apple would not have to make bigger devices if it were not for the Samsung Note and other big phablet phones on the market. In the end the customer wins, even if you're an Apple loyalist, Android fanatic, or someone like me that uses both iOS and Android and just love technology no matter who makes it. So with that being said I don't get why you would want Samsung to tank or go under, or Apple to tank or go under when that is only welcoming status quo?
  • Reply 159 of 206

He stated "we think" not that an absolute term that can't ever be altered and he never said useless. Jobs has another quote about the "current lot" of 7" tablets being DOA. He wasn't wrong. The iPad mini isn't neither part of that lot or 7" unless we are now calling 7.9" a 7" tablet which means the 9.7" iPad Air would be a 9" tablet. Those other tablets were also using phone apps and were a horrible 16:9 aspect ratio. The iPad are a useable 4:3. We also don't know what Apple did to make sure the iPad mini was usable. A finer, more accurate touch matrix, perhaps? They certainly reduced the bezel and added software that intelligently recognized when you are holding the edge.
  • Reply 160 of 206

It is useless as a tablet. Great for reading, terrible for everything else.

Tim Cook disagrees, and so do a lot of people.
    Customers are very smart, have high expectations and they want a device that can do more.