Microsoft says Surface Pro 3 more powerful, flexible than MacBook Air in latest ads

191011121315»

Comments

• Reply 281 of 288
    relic wrote: »
    If by good, you mean inaccurate, then yes.

The MacBook Air 11" weighs in at 2.38 lbs and the Surface 3 is 1.75 lbs, when the keyboard is connected then yes, it's heavier as it then weighs 2.4 lbs, but in a sense the slogan could work. 

The Air weighs 1 lb. That's 75% lighter than the Surface. If you add the Surface keyboard, it's 140% lighter than the Surface.
  • Reply 282 of 288
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

The Air weighs 1 lb. That's 75% lighter than the Surface. If you add the Surface keyboard, it's 140% lighter than the Surface.

Wait, I'm talking about the Macbook.

• Reply 283 of 288
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

But it’s a tablet, sold as a tablet. It’s heavier than the Air.

I think it's kind of sold as a hybrid, even the slogan suggests that;

Surface Pro 3

Das Tablet, das Ihren Laptop ersetzen kann.

• Reply 284 of 288
    relic wrote: »
    Wait, I'm talking about the Macbook.

I know, but Crowley simply cited the Air, and in doing so, he deliberately obfuscated the situation. I chose to continue that obfuscation in his spirit.
  • Reply 285 of 288
    Originally Posted by Relic View Post

I think it's kind of sold as a hybrid, even the slogan suggests that;

Odd that they’d use this tagline, then, as it’s lighter than neither. Do they think that by being a hybrid that two wrongs make a right? 

• Reply 286 of 288
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

I know, but Crowley simply cited the Air, and in doing so, he deliberately obfuscated the situation. I chose to continue that obfuscation in his spirit.

I didn't deliberately obfuscate anything, I directly quoted a Microsoft ad that I saw on the Tube yesterday.  Claiming prior knowledge about another person's intent makes you look very arrogant.  Stop being so provocative and people might like you more.

• Reply 287 of 288
    Odd that they’d use this tagline, then, as it’s lighter than neither. Do they think that by being a hybrid that two wrongs make a right?

Uhm, no, I think they say:

Surface Pro 3 < MacBook Air + iPad Air [1.76 pounds (800g) is less than 2.38 pounds (1.08 kg) + 1 pound (469 g)] Complete MS logic here, doncha get it¿