How to watch avi, wmv,flv on Apple TV?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited September 2014
now, you can do it with ipod video converter,that support convert any video files to apple tv,Video to iPod Converter (Apple TV Supported) is the easy-to-use video converter software for Apple iPod Movie and iPod Video. It can convert almost all video format, e.g. DivX, XviD, MOV, rm, rmvb,dvr-ms, MPEG, WMV, AVI to iPod Movie / Video MPEG-4 format and convert audio files to iPod supported MP3, AAC, WMA file format! It is also a iPod movie/video converter with fast conversion speed. And the output iPod movie/video supports iPod screen, you can enjoy your favorite movie on your iPod as a MPEG-4 Player

now,they add support converting video to apple tv for all apple tv fans

Resource: Moyea video to ipod converter

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    WANTED: Spammer whose software's UI design doesn't cause eye cancer.
  • Reply 2 of 12
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chucker View Post

WANTED: Spammer whose software's UI design doesn't cause eye cancer.

Hey, by Windows standards I think it's considered to look excellent. 8)
  • Reply 3 of 12
    It looks VERY windows-ey...

File[F] , Edit[E] , Run[R] ... etc...

has this designer EVER seen an Apple/Mac application designed to Apple's UI standards ???

...Even put the buttons on the wrong side of the window bar ... lol

OK, just for fun, I looked at the site...

It's not even a Mac program... it's a Windows app... still trying to figure out why it was posted here... even as Spam what good does it do to post on a Mac site ???
  • Reply 4 of 12
    Or, better yet, you can use iTunes, which does it easier and for free!
  • Reply 5 of 12
    gordygordy Posts: 1,004member
    Yuck! Some people should be banned for the good of the order. We can't condone such a crappy UI, can we? Mac users?
  • Reply 6 of 12
    I was looking at the eye tv website the other day. I think there software does a nice job of this. I don't have a video ipod so I never upgraded to there new software but it looks pretty slick with the apple tv.

It remains to be seen how it works with the apple tv.
  • Reply 7 of 12
    gordygordy Posts: 1,004member
    "It remains to be seen how it works with the apple tv."

Not really. El Gato already has a page devoted to the topic...however, EyeTV is not a wholsale video converter, like iSquint et al, it only converts EyeTV files.
  • Reply 8 of 12
    Well, I think I wil hold judgment on it till I actually see a apple tv but it looks promising. I think apple should have bought this company. I own an eye tv 200 and paired with the mac min its a great piece of hardware. We watch lots of stuff on it. I just have a 20" cinema display and was looking at upgrading the screen size but for the price of a bigger apple screen I might just buy an apple tv and a sony tv. Seems wierd but that seems to be the way the economics go.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gregmightdothat View Post

Or, better yet, you can use iTunes, which does it easier and for free!

Since when does iTunes convert video files?
  • Reply 10 of 12

I just find a step by step guide on how to convert 1080p video in MKV, AVI, Xvid, Divx, MP4, FLV, WMV, WTV, WebM, AVCHD, MXF, MVI, VOB, F4V, BIK, RMVB and MPEG to Apple TV supported format at Fast Convert 1080p MKV, AVI, Xvid, Divx, MP4, FLV, WMV, and MPEG to Apple TV/Apple TV 2/Apple TV 3

Then it is just easy to play MKV, AVI, WTV, WMV, FLV, WebM, AVCHD, MPG, DivX, MXF, and VOB etc on Apple TV/Apple TV 2/Apple TV 3

• Reply 11 of 12
    In order to watch AVI, WMV, FLV, MKV and etc on Apple TV, we had better convert them to Apple TV more supported MP4 or MOV with some third party software like iDealshare VideoGo.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    I recommend iDealshare VideoGo which can convert AVI, WMV, MKV, ASF, FLV, MPG, WTV, VOB, SWF, 3GP, RMVB, MXF, and etc to Apple TV video format. It even can convert Apple MP4, MOV to Windows video format like AVI, WMV and etc.