iPhone 6 launch day scenes from Apple Stores around the world

13567

Comments

  • Reply 41 of 126
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by lowepg View Post

     



    lol... stay classy!

     

    poke you head out from your parent basement and enjoy the sunshine once in a while...


     

    Let's examine your stupid ass comment...

     

    Someone who says that another person doesn't understand how the markets work is usually implying that "they" do know how the markets work.

     

    Now... let's take a poll on AI.

     

    How many people on AI would believe a person posting on the internet who says that they understand how the market works?

     

    chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp chirp

  • Reply 42 of 126

    I think you mean they would give up one nut for the profits that follow behind the loyalty.  I may be missing some of the really great leadership out there, but it seems like most CEO's would rather make money than do the business the right way.  I am thinking of ATT first on that list.  Of course even ATT has had to improve over the last few years.  I actually have the number of a customer retention specialist that is able to take care of my problems now.  At least most of the ones related to ATT anyway!

  • Reply 43 of 126

    Interesting tidbit on CultOfMac:

     

    http://www.cultofmac.com/296669/att-tacks-40-monthly-fee-iphone-6-two-year-contract-upgrades/

     

    I planned to trade-in/upgrade after the fervor dies down a bit, but not is AT&T is pulling this. Quietly announce this on launch day. Well done.

  • Reply 44 of 126

    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post



    ... with huge lines forming at Apple Stores in nine countries from Australia to the United States [updated with video].

     

    "Yay!  After 16 days of waiting in this massive line I finally have my iPod nano!"

  • Reply 45 of 126
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by SockRolid View Post

     

     

    "Yay!  After 16 days of waiting in this massive line I finally have my iPod nano!"


     

    iPod Nano!!?? I'm just trying to get my Black and Decker drill fixed!!

  • Reply 46 of 126
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

     

     

    Let's examine your stupid ass comment...


     

    keep back-pedaling....lol!

     

    YOU are the one who wanted to connect the lines today to the market.

     

    I think its clear YOU have a perfect understanding on the market, its obviously a function of internet photos of retail store lines.

  • Reply 47 of 126
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lowepg View Post

     

     

    keep back-pedaling....lol!

     

    YOU are the one who wanted to connect the lines today to the market.

     

    I think its clear YOU have a perfect understanding on the market, its obviously a function of internet photos of retail store lines.


     

    Yup.. right... it's me who's trying to cover my ass.

     

    Yup... sure thing there, boss.

     

    Uh huh... sure thing there, Mr. Internet Stock Guru.

  • Reply 48 of 126
    jungmark wrote: »
    Haha. I take this to read "I hate change". I bet you're still using Mac OS 9.2.2.

    He probably hates unnecessary bloatware. That's not really change, it's additions.
  • Reply 49 of 126
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    Look at all those iSheep waiting in line for a stupid superior phone!!!!!

    /jealous fandroids
  • Reply 50 of 126
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by jungmark View Post





    Haha. I take this to read "I hate change". I bet you're still using Mac OS 9.2.2.

     

    And I could read this as saying you don't accept opinions that are at odds with your own.

     

    Block list.

  • Reply 51 of 126
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    Sadly, they are also aiming the OS to the masses, as opposed to keeping it clean and good.  Money is king, not quality.
    This is bullshit. I've been using 1Password with iOS 8 extensions for the past day and it is awesome. Same with quick replies for instant messaging. Stubbornly holding back features is not keeping something clean and good. Apple was losing sales to the competition because they were holding back useful features in iOS.
  • Reply 52 of 126
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by lowepg View Post

     

    I think its clear YOU have a perfect understanding on the market, its obviously a function of internet photos of retail store lines.


     

    I'm not him, but there is a connection. I've been reading that lines on average are much bigger than previous lines. I heard the figure 30% tossed around. This is a pretty good indicator that total units sold will be greater than last year. And when Apple releases those figures next week I assume, that will have an effect on AAPL.

  • Reply 53 of 126
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post





    This is bullshit. I've been using 1Password with iOS 8 extensions for the past day and it is awesome. Same with quick replies for instant messaging. Stubbornly holding back features is not keeping something clean and good. Apple was losing sales to the competition because they were holding back useful features in iOS.

     

    Finally!!!

     

    Someone who knows the difference between "losing" and "loosing".

     

    I thought the day would never come.  lol

  • Reply 54 of 126
    radarthekatradarthekat Posts: 3,535moderator
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by TeaEarleGreyHot View Post

     

    "tens of hundreds" is a silly way to put it.  Was the retailer trying to minimize the apparent interest?  I agree, it gives the impression of a smaller number than saying "thousands", which is mathematically equivalent.


     

    It's an extension of the phrase used to describe the lines for a new Samsung model; 'tens of people.'   LOL!

  • Reply 55 of 126
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

     

     

    I'm not him, but there is a connection. I've been reading that lines on average are much bigger than previous lines. I heard the figure 30% tossed around. This is a pretty good indicator that total units sold will be greater than last year. And when Apple releases those figures next week I assume, that will have an effect on AAPL.


     

    Let's not forget the part where I mentioned "demand". 4 million preorders in 24 hours is a fairly good indication of demand.

     

    ... but, since, in this person's mind, demand does not affect the price of a stock, let's go further...

     

    I was actually waiting for Mr. Internet Stock Guru to explain to us what is intrinsically different about Apple to have the stock valued at over $101 today as opposed to $56 just over a year ago. What has changed so much at Apple to almost double the stock value in just over a year?

     

    Someone with such vast knowledge of the market must have a real valid reason that everyone can understand... and believe.

  • Reply 56 of 126
    And I could read this as saying you don't accept opinions that are at odds with your own.

    Block list.

    So in this thread you've blocked two users. Wow, look who's not accepting opinions of others.
  • Reply 57 of 126
    zoetmb wrote: »
    Aside from the people who are there to buy phones and re-sell them, I've never understood this desire to have to get the phone on the first day of release and I've certainly never understood the people who wait on a line for days when the phone could have been ordered online.   I actually don't get it - if one has a job, how can they wait on line and if they don't have a job, one shouldn't be able to afford the phone (especially if they're buying it off contract and paying full price up front) unless they're independently wealthy, in which case you'd think one would have better things to do with their time.

    Personally, about the longest I'd be willing to wait on any line is 15 minutes, which is why in the years when I've bought a new phone, it's been in Nove

    I do find it remarkable that the iPhone, with basically incremental improvements, still garners so much excitement with each new model.   

    As I've posted a zillion times before, it used to take a product over a year to reach 1 million units and Apple now does that in about a day a few hours.   I think we've become immune to how remarkable that is. 

    Fixed it for ya.
  • Reply 58 of 126
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,157member
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

     

     

    Sadly, they are also aiming the OS to the masses, as opposed to keeping it clean and good.  Money is king, not quality.




    So by your own logic no phone now exists with the ‘cool factor.’ You most certainly can’t say that ANY Android device has the ‘cool factor.’ That would be an oxymoron. Whatever will you do with your life now?

  • Reply 59 of 126
    radarthekatradarthekat Posts: 3,535moderator
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

     

     

    Let's not forget the part where I mentioned "demand". 4 million preorders in 24 hours is a fairly good indication of demand.

     

    ... but, since, in this person's mind, demand does not affect the price of a stock, let's go further...

     

    I was actually waiting for Mr. Internet Stock Guru to explain to us what is intrinsically different about Apple to have the stock valued at over $101 today as opposed to $56 just over a year ago. What has changed so much at Apple to almost double the stock value in just over a year?

     

    Someone with such vast knowledge of the market must have a real valid reason that everyone can understand... and believe.


     

    We'll answer that when you answer the corollary question; what was so intrinsically different about Apple to have the stock valued at post-split-equivalent $56 just over a year ago versus $100 a year earlier?   Ha ha ha...  That's called being hoisted...

  • Reply 60 of 126

    Well, I see that the Apple community represented here on AI is not a very open one when it comes to differing opinions.  

     

    I guess you guys win.  I am done with AI.

Sign In or Register to comment.