Will an iPhone 6 bought in USA work with 4G in Europe?

zozo
Posted:
in iPhone edited November 2014
In the tech specs of the iPhone page on apple all models support the same frequencies of LTE. But one model seems to be officially supported by most European operators (I'm specifically looking at France as I'll be there most often)
http://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/ the Euro model is the A1586 (normal) A1524 (plus)

Does anyone have any insights?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4

There’s one model of iPhone per iPhone. I mean to say that there’s one iPhone 6 and one iPhone 6+.

THAT’S INCREDIBLE. FINALLY WE HAVE A SINGLE PHONE FOR EVERYONE. YAY.

I think that the distinction made on Apple’s LTE page refers only to from whom you buy the phone when you activate it. Meaning that if you want to use Verizon you’ll have to buy activated for Verizon (if you’re using Sprint the other bands are turned on anyway). In doing so, it looks like you might be forfeiting access to LTE bands 38, 39, 40, and 41, but your SIM tray will be unlocked by default for all other GSM carriers.

You’d have to ask Apple or someone with more experience, however. That’s just how it appears to me.

• Reply 2 of 4
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    I was going to buy the unlocked version. Which I would imagine means that all frequencies are unlocked... I hope and wonder
  • Reply 3 of 4

Hi,

I was wondering if your iPhone 6 works in France? In fact I am planning to buy one and after some researches on the web I did not find some "real" answers...

Thanks for your help.

Marie.

• Reply 4 of 4
    Originally Posted by Marie76 View Post

I was wondering if your iPhone 6 works in France?

Depends.

That’s just LTE, of course. Whether it handles whatever other bands are needed depends on the carrier (and the tech specs page).