Rounding up some of the newest cases for Apple's iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus

Comments

• Reply 101 of 189
    Originally Posted by Relic View Post

The HTC One (M8)

What do you imagine those black lines are, Relic?

• Reply 102 of 189
    What do you imagine those black lines are, Relic?

And the backing of the LG G3 isn't metal.

edit: Because I doubt Relic will doubt my comment…
    The "metallic skin" paint job (another one of LG's marketing terms) is basically to brushed metal what Samsung's latest phones are to leather -- they look legit, but feel like plastic.

It's also mentioned in the video, if I recall correctly.
  • Reply 103 of 189
    philboogie wrote: »
    Some will find this funny

It got a chuckle out of me.
  • Reply 104 of 189
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    It got a chuckle out of me.

I had to look it up. I've only competed S02E01.
  • Reply 105 of 189
    solipsismx wrote: »

No, the LG G3 has just a metal-looking polycarbonate chassis
  • Reply 106 of 189
    I had to look it up. I've only competed S02E01.

The story gets so much better. You definitely need to catch up. They're making TV like never before.
  • Reply 107 of 189
    [@]Relic[/@], what about my simple question is so hard to understand? Stop posting random pics of phones that have nothing to do with my query.
  • Reply 108 of 189
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

I don't care, I didn't even read what you guys wrote above, I just wanted to list a bunch of smartphones that were metal and had NFC, ;)

• Reply 109 of 189

Case?! Why cover such a piece of beauty? That's like using a roll cage on a Ferrari!

I do use this though and w/ ApplePay coming I'm breaking up with my wallet soon.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/196206177/kapotas-the-ultimate-minimalist-wallet?

• Reply 110 of 189
    relic wrote: »
    I don't care, I didn't even read what you guys wrote above, I just wanted to list a bunch of smartphones that were metal and had NFC, ;)

Not reading what was written is why you ended up posting "a bunch of smartphones" that don't have an all metal casing. If you want to contribute to a thread, that's great, but your'e either being obtuse or purposely trolling a thread with a bunch of bullshit images that are clearly not all metal casings? Maybe you should at least try to actually care.
  • Reply 111 of 189
    Quote:

@Relic, what about my simple question is so hard to understand? Stop posting random pics of phones that have nothing to do with my query.

aaaaaahhhhhh, why not and it was just one, the HTC. The LG ihas metal in it. http://www.phonearena.com/news/Confirmed-LG-G3s-back-cover-contains-actual-metal_id56824 I made one mistake. 

• Reply 112 of 189
    Quote:

Not reading what was written is why you ended up posting "a bunch of smartphones" that don't have an all metal casing. If you want to contribute to a thread, that's great, but your'e either being obtuse or purposely trolling a thread with a bunch of bullshit images that are clearly not all metal casings? Maybe you should at least try to actually care.

THey are all metal casings, except for one, the LG, which is a mixture. IT's has wireless charging, that's why, I thought it was metal.

• Reply 113 of 189
    THey are all metal casings, which one isn;t?

NONE OF THEM HAVE ALL METAL CASINGS!!!

EVEN THE FUCKING LINK YOU SUPPLY CLEARLY STATES…

While most of the back cover is made of polycarbonate, it does feature a very, very thin film of real metal somewhere in there. It's not on the surface, so you won't be really touching metal,
  • Reply 114 of 189
    Quote:

There is no reason to get upset.

• Reply 115 of 189

Perhaps it's just a way for her to pass time. I certainly don't mind. Heck, it's even on topic.
  • Reply 116 of 189
    There is no reason to get upset.

I'm not upset, but I'm annoyed with you making stuff up that is easily rebuked. Even your links prove you wrong. If you don't understand what is being said just ask, but don't jump in surefooted and then dig down even more when you've been shown the truth.
  • Reply 117 of 189
    Show me a smartphone with NFC that has an all metal casing.

Just keep moving those goalposts. Cases can be made from all manner of materials.
  • Reply 118 of 189
    philboogie wrote: »
    Perhaps it's just a way for her to pass time. I certainly don't mind. Heck, it's even on topic.

I very much mind. If she posted the name of actual phones that contain all metal casings (no large images needed) and explained how their NFC is able to work through a dense piece of metal used for the structure we'd have a conversation.
  • Reply 119 of 189
    Originally Posted by bsenka View Post

Just keep moving those goalposts. Cases can be made from all manner of materials.

Nah, we’re talking about the iPhone. YOU stop moving the goalposts.

• Reply 120 of 189
    bsenka wrote: »

I moved the goal posts of physics? I am then the most brilliant person in the universe. Time to start building a TARDIS.

Or, perhaps you need to learn how NFC works.